User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Registered

Default fleetwood-mac set to play Monster concert

http://www.technologytell.com/entert...oncert-at-ces/

The annual awards ceremony/concert put on by Monster at International CES in Las Vegas traditionally features a top musical act, and this year, Monster has booked one of the highest-selling acts in music history. Jeff O’Heir of our sister site Dealerscope reported Tuesday that Fleetwood Mac will headline this year’s Monster Retail Awards presentation and party.

The event is set for Wednesday, Jan. 8 at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas, and will mark Monster’s 35th anniversary. Monster will also introduce new products at the show.

“We have a long history of presenting really rich musical diversity and talent at the CES concerts. And the one thing that’s always been very important to us is to celebrate the power of real music,” said Greg Pedersen , Monster’s brand marketing and strategic alliance manager. “We chose a band that embodies that, meaning real guitars, real bass, real drums. Fleetwood Mac has a lot in common with Monster in that they think a lot out of the box.”

With John McVie undergoing treatment for cancer, the lineup in Las Vegas will include Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood for certain; Monster hopes McVie can return in time for the show.

Alicia Keys played last year’s Monster concert, with Chicago, John Legend, Earth, Wind and Fire and Diana Ross also headlining in recent years. Special guests have also frequently joined the performances at Monster’s concerts.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is great. Thanks for posting.

Stevie did mention this date some time ago and I wondered what they had planned. I'm glad to get the details.

I also expect them to tour at the end of 2014.

Michele
Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[So an official announcement later today? ]

http://www.dealerscope.com/article/f...l-ces-party/1#

Rock legends Fleetwood Mac will headline Monster's Retail Awards presentation and party at the 2014 International CES in Las Vegas, Dealerscope has learned.

Considered one of the hottest parties at the consumer electronics show, this year's event, scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 8, in the main ballroom of the Paris Hotel, also marks Monster's 35th anniversary. As usual, attendees can expect a few special guests and surprises during the ceremony.

"We have a long history of presenting really rich musical diversity and talent at the CES concerts. And the one thing that's always been very important to us is to celebrate the power of real music," said Greg Pedersen , Monster's brand marketing and strategic alliance manager. "We chose a band that embodies that, meaning real guitars, real bass, real drums. Fleetwood Mac has a lot in common with Monster in that they think a lot out of the box."

Monster's theme at this year's show will be "Drive It 35." The company will be rolling out a newly designed booth that will feature fashion, entertainment and technology themes and bold graphics, as well as additional private rooms and an expanded product show floor. Retailers can expect plenty of new headphone and audio lines. Monster will be announcing a handful of new brand ambassadors in the coming weeks.

As of yet, Fleetwood Mac has not signed on to any new Monster products, but they are considered Monster ambassadors, Pedersen said. The band will include long-time members Stevie Nicks, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and drummer Mick Fleetwood. Founding member, bassist John McVie, is currently undergoing treatment for cancer. McVie's illness forced the band to cancel its Australian and New Zealand tour in October. Monster is hoping McVie will recuperate in time for CES. "We're pulling for him," Pedersen said. "He's in our prayers."

One of the band's biggest hits, "Don't Stop," fits well with Monster's 35th anniversary and ongoing themes, Pedersen said.

"Going into 2014, Monster won't stop innovating, supporting its retailers and thinking out of the box," he said. "We're definitely not going to celebrate Monster's 35th anniversary quietly. We're going to be loud."

Head Monster Noel Lee is expected to make the concert announcement this afternoon at CES Unveiled in New York City.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have friends in the electronics biz go to the CES shows.They had fun there.I never got a chance to go to one when I was working at the shop.

It looks like they will be in Vegas for a week or more.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not too crazy that they're already beginning to lower expectations for John McVie's participation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm not too crazy that they're already beginning to lower expectations for John McVie's participation.
I would be surprised if John participates, honestly. Cancer treatment is rough.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac WITHOUT John McVie.......Say it isn't so!! How much longer can we truly call them "Fleetwood Mac"?????

My dream was to see the most famous lineup of THE MAC (Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Chris McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks) onstage FOR A FULL CONCERT ONE FINAL TIME............before someone gets sick or passes away. It's looking like that's never going to happen. This band could have made millions from a FAREWELL TOUR of sorts.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're probably just waiting for John to be healthy and fit enough to play, and they would do that farewell tour/album in the near future (at these circumstances, I think Christine participating is already very probable).

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This is just a corporate gig. I wanted to know what they were doing on January 8, ever since Stevie mentioned it, but I don't really consider it a show.

Michele
Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is just a corporate gig. I wanted to know what they were doing on January 8, ever since Stevie mentioned it, but I don't really consider it a show.
CES is an industry gig, not a corporate one.You can even attend with the right credentials or anyone in the music business including merchants.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
CES is an industry gig, not a corporate one.
however in both instances, the band is chosen and paid for by a corporation sponsoring the event, not by people attending that event.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard the new bassist will be Sheryl Crow.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post

Wow that would totally suck.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Sheryl Crow NO NO NO

If your going to have a girl on bass I'd pick Tal

She's one of the best out there...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 11-12-2013 at 09:45 PM..
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
CES is an industry gig, not a corporate one.You can even attend with the right credentials or anyone in the music business including merchants.
I have CES credentials, but I don't know if I can attend this Monster event. Not that I'd want to anyway. It's not the environment in which I'd want to see FM.

Michele