The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What's your least favorite Peter song from the '68 FM album?
Merry-Go-Round 5 62.50%
Long Grey Mare 0 0%
Looking for Somebody 1 12.50%
No Place to Go 1 12.50%
I Loved Another Woman 1 12.50%
The World Keep on Turning 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well said, Jeremy. I hope your post will help others be more open-minded. I think people need to chill out a bit. There are some who prefer X, some who prefer Y, some who prefer both and some who prefer neither. All should be treated with respect.
"Addicted Ledgie" Sanne2 uses the following quote from John Mcvie as her sig: “Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.”

Old 04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Jeremy, of course both the band were fantastic.....been a blues fan I prefer the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac!

Then please don't forget that Peter Green was a genius and guess what?
He still is..amen

Mario.
You insinuate that I've touched a holy icon?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
And why it has to be so fiercely for and against concerning pre or post FM, I don't understand. Especially with all the mud-slinging of late. I personally enjoyed listening to the Rumours stuff, even more than the stuff they did when I was with them to be honest. Pre or post, they are two different bands with the same terrific rhythmn section deserving the name.

As for me, I like Fleetwood Mac...I have since the beginning, through all the personnel changes, right up to today. Do I have preferences of incarnations? Sure. I've gotten to think that due to message boards like these have actually caused my appreciation for certain incarnations of Fleetwood Mac to diminish due to the apparent Idolatry of certain members (in my mind, it's some of the latter day incarnations members).

Then I think, well, I'm just as bad as they are because I'm guilty every so often of that same idolatry, only of different members (then the "Snob" in me is unleashed..."MY Idol is better than YOUR Idol" type thing). But, would I have even thought about idolizing band members if it hadn't been for the Internet & fan message boards? Would I get into these virtual verbal arguments had it not been for technology? Probably, but not nearly as much, nor on such a public scale.

Thank you, Jeremy, for keeping my thinking grounded & centered.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I've gotten to think that due to message boards like these have actually caused my appreciation for certain incarnations of Fleetwood Mac to diminish due to the apparent Idolatry of certain members (in my mind, it's some of the latter day incarnations members).
I agree completely with that. In fact Wetcamelfood and myself have had exactly this discussion off-board a while back. As much as I love the post '75 mac, I find myself always trying to keep the lesser known members in the memories of the Mac fans and perhaps I neglect the Stevie/Lindsey band more than I should because of this.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With 5 votes, Merry-Go-Round wins Least Favorite Peter song from the 1968 Fleetwood Mac album.
Closed Thread