The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default huggy bears last stand - FM 2009 !!

just got back and am still hoarse

was FANTASTIC !! entire unleashed + a bit w at most 600 people there!!

full report tomorrow, too wiped out now !!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I was actually supposed to fly out there last year to watch but it fell through. Let me know who's riding in the big jumper stuff and also the good names in the higher hunters! I think a trainer I know pretty well (John French, world hunter champion 2000-something) might be riding in the regular working's and any possible derbys.
Hi dani

mc clain ward won the jump off w sapphire, lots of drama there, full report tomorrow,too tired and hoarse now!!

FM R O C K E D !!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SUNDAY, AUGUST 30, 2009
(UPDATE) HUGGY BEAR FOUNDATION FLEETWOOD MAC SHOW
Fleetwood Mac played a charity event last night in The Hamptons (August 29th) and according to Katie Lee Joel (Billy Joel's wife) "Fleetwood Mac concert at Huggy Bear Foundation was fantastic! All my faves... Gypsy, Rhiannon, Tusk, Stand Back, Landslide etc."
Old 08-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

michele

thanks so very much for making me aware of this event !!

it was totally awesome... at max 600 > 650 people and FM gave a full unleashed concert !! - we were maybe 20 feet away from them whole nite on the dance floor !! stevie totally relaxed and into it ... thanks again !!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Hi dani

mc clain ward won the jump off w sapphire, lots of drama there, full report tomorrow,too tired and hoarse now!!

FM R O C K E D !!!!
Sapphire is amazing. McClain's rounds on him during the Eq Games last year were phenomenal. I swear he can jump from ANYWHERE, depsite a lack of impulsion or really ****ty distance. He isn't even a round jumper and he STILL clears everything.

He's magical.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

it was totally awesome... at max 600 > 650 people and FM gave a full unleashed concert !! - we were maybe 20 feet away from them whole nite on the dance floor !! stevie totally relaxed and into it ... thanks again !!
I'm amazed that they did a full show. It must have been unbelievable seeing them in such an intimate setting. I can't wait to hear your report. What a once in a lifetime experience.

Michele
Old 08-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

& i have to wonder if any of the "real housewives" were there since they always showed them at charity events & alot of them have/had 2nd homes in the hamptons & they showed them going to alot of charity events in the hamptons~ & they are filming the show right now i think~ that would be so cool to see fm playing a charity event on the show~
Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for letting us know i didn't know about this show.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
& i have to wonder if any of the "real housewives" were there since they always showed them at charity events & alot of them have/had 2nd homes in the hamptons & they showed them going to alot of charity events in the hamptons~ & they are filming the show right now i think~ that would be so cool to see fm playing a charity event on the show~
...and they also play tennis! Although I am not sure how well Jill Z. was able to maneuver around the court with her size H watermelons (which have been surgically reduced, I've heard...). BTW, I did see Jill Z. at the MSG show in June- she was maybe in the 5th row (behind the rest of us ). At first I almost didn't recognize her because she wasn't fully made-up in Jill-drag- but she definitely looks much younger and tinier in person.

I too am shocked that they did the full show and I'm harboring deep non-buyer's remorse now. I was all set to go... but I felt a wave of jitters at the last second. Could it be true or is FM just rumour? What if it's a wash-out? What if it's an abbreviated show? And I was starting to put price tags on everything. $2000 would be enough to buy enough mahogany lumber for a new deck. $2000 would be enough for a long weekend to catch FM in Europe. Ugh... I guess sometimes you have to tell your better judgment to STFU!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

@CristinaCuomo Fleetwood Mac still best live band–amazing performance at last night’s Huggy Bear 25th and last event in hamptons
about 13 hours ago from TwitterBerry

http://hamptons.guestofaguest.com/ha...end-edition-6/
Old 08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
@CristinaCuomo Fleetwood Mac still best live band–amazing performance at last night’s Huggy Bear 25th and last event in hamptons
about 13 hours ago from TwitterBerry

http://hamptons.guestofaguest.com/ha...end-edition-6/
all i can say is that it was an amazing concert... lasted for at least 2 + hours and i do not think they missed one song from unleashed tour .... i had promised myself that i was gonna list what songs they did, but once they started playing(and invited the audience to put on their dancing shoes and rock n roll ) we left our table and were on the dance floor maybe 20 feet from the stage (only separated from the stage by the poppa bears, who were considerate enough to remain seated at their table/s for almost the entire concert ) that was the end of my list making !!.... we saw them in atlantic city, this performance was far much better.. i have a bunch of pix i will try and figure out to send

BTW... the closing song :: SILVER SPRINGS !!!!

how do i send pix ?? all are in jpeg's but over 100 KB
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
all i can say is that it was an amazing concert... lasted for at least 2 + hours and i do not think they missed one song from unleashed tour .... i had promised myself that i was gonna list what songs they did, but once they started playing(and invited the audience to put on their dancing shoes and rock n roll ) we left our table and were on the dance floor maybe 20 feet from the stage (only separated from the stage by the poppa bears, who were considerate enough to remain seated at their table/s for almost the entire concert ) that was the end of my list making !!.... we saw them in atlantic city, this performance was far much better.. i have a bunch of pix i will try and figure out to send

Quite simply actually...

Go here TINYPIC and upload from your computer, once loaded, it will give you the share code. Copy it and paste it within your thread here on the ledge. You don't need an account at tinypic.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for the firsthand account! It does suck that there was a "pecking order of the bear," and that you had to sit/stand behind the poppas, but it must have been surreal. So did you spot many A-listers in the crowd? How was the food? Were any of the Macs (and their entourage) out and about?

I'm sure all of y'all in Europe can breathe a sigh of relief that SS has not been dropped... yet!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
michele

thanks so very much for making me aware of this event !!

FM and a dance floor would be a blast!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(only separated from the stage by the poppa bears, who were considerate enough to remain seated at their table/s for almost the entire concert )
That's great that they were the only ones in front of you.

So, did FM have their energy up for this one? Since they've been off the road for a few weeks. I thought they might be a bit rusty and not as enthusiastic in front of a smaller crowd, but it doesn't sound like that was an issue at all!

Look forward to your pictures. Thanks for the report.

Michele