The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

Right in front of the stage I couldn't complain about too many stiff people ...
I just loved the show!
What I found a little disturbing at times were all the people who seem to prefer watching the concert on their small camera displays instead of just enjoying the show.
But then again we (the ones who only had their eyes with them ) are the ones who love to see the result of their actions...

SO, pictures anyone ???
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here are some photos from Der Western: http://www.derwesten.de/nachrichten/...41/detail.html

I think there's a review too, but I can't read it.

Michele
Sex with the string part(???)

Did this man have something in the coffee? Lindsey Buckingham anyhow hopst over the stage like a jumping devil, howls now and then in the micro, creeps like a Panther around, the guitar in the attack. My God, this narrow Hüne with the high forehead is nevertheless nevertheless already 60. But thus it is still the Benjamin with Fleetwood Mac, which on Monday evening the arena Oberhausen filled out nearly.

Buckingham is at all like that something like the heart impact these volume, which turned he once for longer time the back. In the meantime however goes without it nothing more: While the other seniors occasionally transfer remains, in order to regenerate in the quiescent area, for Lindsey B. the entire time on the stage. Because also it alone and its guitar, from which it out-spins reef with large casualness, are an event. It can occur already times that the man rises up himself in such a manner in plays that it is capable of Gutturallauten at the micro only, while it in-threshes with that rights almost ohnmächtig on its instrument. Nearly one would like to mean, he had there something sexual ones with this string part.

Everything only show naturally, but a little musical insanity may along-swing there. Finally one does not read in vain its Songtitel „I Go Insane”. During Drummer Mick Fleetwood (62) back to the old Blueswurzeln strives, John McVie (64) only faithfully and good his bass pulls and Stevie Nicks (61) of the fame of its flirrenden early titles lives, is Buckingham still the most creative one in this fate community. On its solo plates it rehearses the musical minimalism, out of which it knows to form almost dramas with large force.

When Fleetwood Mac played last before five years at this place, they had a new album („Say You wants”) in the back, which provided also a new freshness for the sound. Strange to say this time nothing is to be heard, one is with „the Unleashed” from this plate - tour rather begun to deliver a Best OF concert loosened up however also a few culpably neglected pieces and a few solo titles. The first song is already a successful surprising attempt: „Monday Morning” breaks formally in here over the unprepared public, accompanied from large light circus.

It remains loud and violently mostly in this evening. Fleetwood threshes with eyes opened far zornig on its drums, as if he wanted to punish her for the fact that also one must to be become older as he. McVie, the inconspicuous one, even gets a bass-solo and must step for it briefly from covering - for it nearly an act of the self exposing.

And Mrs. Nicks, suspiciously free from creases, would like to most of all still take off dancing from the ground, which seems to hold her however more strongly than in former times. Apropos in former times: One is very talk blessed in this evening, told readily by „difficult relations in stormy times”, by one „complicated and emotional volume history”. In other words: Here already everyone had times which with everyone into the 1970ern. But however they make today together still one condemn strong music.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Dear Gypsycat,

that s a pitty, so bad seats in the upper. But there were also many free seats nearer to the stage, few days before concert. Such a hardcore fan like you, have to go nearer to the stage. The ordiance there was in much better mood.

At the postet video links u can see, the ordiance wasn t too bad. As I mentioned before, the Arena wasn t sold out. But you must know, there were standing at the ground floor. So if the ground floor would be provided also with seating the Arena would be sold out. The Arena occupies many people if the ground floor isn t provided with seatings. So of course, the upper seats wasn t sold out and so there was no good mood in the upper arena.

Next time u have better seats !

Greetings

Christian

Don t have a lunch in the hotel if the Centro-Promenade is near by the Arena with 20 restaurants to choose from !
Old 10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Any reviews from the newspaper(s).. I would like to know. In Sweden they were not that good.........
Old 10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsycat999 View Post
I don't pay 80€ for a concert of my favourite band and then sit there with arms crossed and deadpan just because everyone else does. I was by far the youngest in that part of the hall and the only one who rocked out so everyone looked at me like I was from Mars especially the guy who walked around and sold beer ..
I remember I went to see The Mac in Oberhausen back in 2004. I had bought a ring-ticket back then, because I had some problems with my leg back then AND i believed that they would come to Holland as well back then...they didn't and I ended up in a very quiet row as well, I was the only one dancing and the people on my row hardly recognized the songs...they kept sitting on their chairs during Stand Back....????

Alas, tomorrow I'll be on row 2 in front of the stage in Antwerp (so my ticket says) and I'm pretty sure that I can be found dancing, partying, having a pretty good time in front of the stage :-)

The day after, same thing in Rotterdam.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hello

I took a few Videos (username Pinklotusalex) ... enjoy !!!

I´m so afraid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPwllstDRA

Big Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAuU8-3ZHuU

Old 10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Sex with the string part(???)
And how many Americans have also noted how Lindsey of the High Forehead, often has sexual ones with the strings.

I also love the line about Mick hitting the drums as if punishing them for his age (for being as old as he is). That is classic.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-13-2009 at 03:41 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklotus View Post
Hello

I took a few Videos (username Pinklotusalex) ... enjoy !!!

I´m so afraid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPwllstDRA

Big Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAuU8-3ZHuU
These are great and I'm glad to have the Big Love introduction on video.

Thank you for both filming and posting.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWD88 View Post
Right in front of the stage I couldn't complain about too many stiff people ...
I just loved the show!
What I found a little disturbing at times were all the people who seem to prefer watching the concert on their small camera displays instead of just enjoying the show.
I agree. We benefit because people post what they video and we get it on Youtube. So, that's wonderful for those of us who were not at the concert. But when I've been in attenance and had my view obstructed by someone who was not trying to enjoy the concert, but trying to get a good camera angle -- that's maddening. Often, they're standing one place and they're holding the camera away from them -- and in front of me.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Setlist Oberhausen

I couldn't find a setlist for the recent concerts, so here's what they played on October 12:

Monday morning (B)
The Chain (B/N/M/M/F)
Dreams (N)
I know I'm not wrong (B)
Gypsy (N)
Go insane (B)
Rhiannon (N)
Second hand news (B)
Tusk (B)
Sara (N)
Big love (B)
Landslide (N)
Never going back again (B)
Storms (N)
Say you love me (M)
Gold dust woman (N)
Oh well (G)
I'm so afraid (B)
Stand back (N)
Go your own way (B)
World turning (M/B)
Don't stop (M)
Silver springs (N)

Great concert! I loved Storms, which has been my favourite Tusk track since I first heard it in December 1979 (Sinterklaas gave me the album).

GJK
Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
These are great and I'm glad to have the Big Love introduction on video.

Thank you for both filming and posting.

Michele
You´re welcome

I´m still uploading .... I recorded:
Big Love
Go Insane
Gold Dust Woman
Gypsy
I´m so Afrai
Sara
Tusk

Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklotus View Post
You´re welcome

I´m still uploading .... I recorded:
Big Love
Go Insane
Gold Dust Woman
Gypsy
I´m so Afrai
Sara
Tusk

Wow, you were very busy! Your work is our gain.

Michele
Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another translated review:
http://www.muensterschezeitung.de/na...art1546,699902

Konzert
Fleedwood Mac können es immer noch
Von Ingrid Wielens am 13.10.2009 17:56 Uhr

OBERHAUSEN It was the evening of the 45-plus generation. The mostly graying fans of one of the most influential rock bands of all time would not hear on Monday in the not entirely sold out König Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, their music of the 70s and 80s. Fleetwood Mac gave them a huge party.

Fleetwood Mac gave them a huge party. The band with more than 40 years of history, who stood several times before the dissolution and again and again in parts of newly formed, which came into existence on cast: Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham on "Unleashed Tour."

The title was program. The musicians were unleashed. Monday Morning, The Chain, Dreams - was already on the soft start, the original Fleetwood Mac-feeling there. Stevie Nicks' voice, incisive, yet sophisticated, yet warm and exactly the tone they lulled the audience.

Dexterity on the guitar

Then turned on: Gypsy, Rhiannon, Tusk, Sara - the party is gaining pace. Lindsey Buckingham mixes a highly unusual and guitar solos taking. He mistreated his instrument, hitting and stroking it, it can purr, ring, rattle, crack. Tango In The Night When he puts his finger dexterity to the test.

Buckingham often clenches his fists, grabs theatrically to his heart, as if to say: "We are all over 60, but we can still am. And we can still really good. "Big Love, Never Going Back Again, Say You Love Me - do not let them out catchy.

Gilt Schalgzeug

Presence in the background presence of the boss of the band: Mick Fleetwood on drums gilded lies in wait, takes his colleagues to target, pulls faces, obviously has fun. Remarkably unremarkable remains the only John McVie. A virtuoso on the bass, otherwise he keeps out of the show events.

Go Your Own Way, Do not stop dancing - the audience is still in the mood, singing, clapping, cheering. Only after three hours passed, the band: "We want that we have all the fun tonight," announced by the beginning of Macs. That has really done it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the first round of pictures:

Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More to come later...