User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Remaster tidbit

I heard (though I don't have a copy yet) that in "Q" magazine "Rumours" & "Tusk" will be 2 CD's with "lots of unreleased stuff" and FM (1975) will have extra stuff but be one CD. Also that BN is to be "expanded and put on CD for the first time". YAY!

John
Old 06-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw that tidbit about Buckingham Nicks too. John, are you the one who has been in touch with someone at Rhino about the remasters? If so, any chance you could get some confirmation on BN?

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the info, John!
I'm really looking forward to these, and I hope 'Buckingham Nicks' does indeed see the light of day on CD.

I'm really chomping at the bit to know what the "lots of unreleased stuff" will be.
Given that 'Rumours' is only about 42 minutes long, a generous amount of extras could be fit onto that one disc, so the fact that they've felt the need to include a second disc really peaks my curiousity.

Should be very cool!

Thanks again!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Very exciting! I've never heard most of Buckingham Nicks!
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994
Old 06-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bootylicous
I've never heard most of Buckingham Nicks!
You haven't heard 'Buckingham Nicks' in its entirety?

Well, you're definitely in for a treat then.
It's a great album, from start to finish... and all of the classic Stevie & Lindsey hallmarks are present and accounted for.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow I didn't realise BN would also be expanded. I will really need to get a lot of shifts at work over the hols!

Yeah John - we can only assume/hope that the second disk in each case will be enhanced and include video!! It seems to be the logical thing - seeing as there isn't THAT much 'unreleased' Fleetwood Mac from that era, and it won't all be live (I hope).
Old 06-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Remaster tidbit

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
I heard (though I don't have a copy yet) that in "Q" magazine "Rumours" & "Tusk" will be 2 CD's with "lots of unreleased stuff" and FM (1975) will have extra stuff but be one CD. Also that BN is to be "expanded and put on CD for the first time". YAY!

John
This is excellent news!

Pip
Old 06-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Cour
I saw that tidbit about Buckingham Nicks too. John, are you the one who has been in touch with someone at Rhino about the remasters? If so, any chance you could get some confirmation on BN?

Thanks.
Yeah that was me, I will try David McLees again (but he was hard enough to pin down the first time) and I will post about it here if he does confirm if it's Rhino that's doing BN too etc.

It was just the 3 FM titles that he would confirm then (though he did say the rest of the FM WB/Reprise titles "would follow" but no word as to when) and he said the extra tracks "had not been agreed upon yet by the band members" at that time. Surely they have been "agreed upon" by now, and I will try and find out but I'm assuming if "Q" (and the like) were forced to say "details on extra tracks when we get them" (and such) in their articles then I'm assuming he wouldn't tell them just the same as he wouldn't tell me but I will try my best and post whatever I find out if anything about it here.

Oh and you're all very welcome! I have Jannie to thank at the Legacy as it's really her scoop on the "loads of unreleased material" and ""Rumours" being 2 discs" & the apparent BN CD "expanded release for first time on CD" stuff.

Jannie, if you're here, I didn't mean to steal your thunder, I just had noticed that there wasn't a thread about it here yet (at the time I posted about it here yesterday) and I thought maybe with the busy server and all... ooh I could use the smiley hiding behind the sofa icon you have at the legboard right about now.

John
Old 06-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is the best news...

I've heard in a while.

BN on cd? Can't wait for that treat. All I have is a tape that was made in the era when tapes weren't too good.

I wonder what the unreleased material will be...

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 06-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

I have Buckingham-Nicks on cd. It's a copy from the vinyl. I know because it has a skip on it at one point!

Anybody else old enough to remember records that skip?

Remember that you couldn't dance too close to the record player or the record would skip? And heaven forbid one of your little siblings should go running by....ahhhhhh! scratch city!

susieq
Old 06-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile skipping vinyl

Quote:
Originally posted by WindingRoad
Anybody else old enough to remember records that skip?

Remember that you couldn't dance too close to the record player or the record would skip? And heaven forbid one of your little siblings should go running by....ahhhhhh! scratch city!

susieq
Unfortunately

It sucked when you were taping a long song and right before it ended there was a skip and you'd have to go back and do it all over again and try and "help move the needle along" when it came to that part of the song again and if it didn't work (which it usually didn't) you'd have to start all over again.

Even worse were the elementary school days before they had tape players "built in to the stereos" (so you could talk in the room while you were recording) when you just had a cheezy portable General Electric tape recorder (that burned through size "D" batteries weekly it seemed) and you have to hold it up to the stereo's speakers to record the song and to had to hold in your sneezes etc. and then near the end of the song (even though you'd put a "RECORDING - DO NOT SPEAK!" sign on your bedroom door) your brother/sister comes bursting in and starts gabbing and you have to start over again, GGRR!

It's strange though, most of my vinyl back then used to skip backwards but now it mainly skips forwards, W E I R D !

John
Old 06-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John..

And you don't live in a different hemisphere?
Old 06-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Talking Re: skipping vinyl

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Unfortunately

Even worse were the elementary school days before they had tape players "built in to the stereos" (so you could talk in the room while you were recording) when you just had a cheezy portable General Electric tape recorder (that burned through size "D" batteries weekly it seemed) and you have to hold it up to the stereo's speakers to record the song and to had to hold in your sneezes etc. and then near the end of the song (even though you'd put a "RECORDING - DO NOT SPEAK!" sign on your bedroom door) your brother/sister comes bursting in and starts gabbing and you have to start over again, GGRR!

John
I'll tell you what else is W E I R D

how you'd have to struggle to get the tape recorder to clearly pick up the sound from the vinyl but it had no problem picking up the sound of a car starting it's engine 14 blocks away!

I'll tell you something else...when my husband and I were first married....if he was trying to make a tape from vinly, I'd LEAVE the house! Oh, yeah...didn't want to be accused of BREATHING too loud....lol

susieq
Old 06-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation BN label update

Well, I never heard back from David McLees but I spotted this (attached) in the new issue of UK magazine "Record collector" (June 2003 issue no. 286):

So in their long listing way, it does look like it's Rhino doing the BN CD. RC did screw up with the "1975" bit though and unfortunately (worryingly?) nothing about it being "expanded" in this piece but hopefully "Q" was right about that and RC just forgot to say that.

So I hope that's of help in the meantime and hopefully McLees will get back to me about these CD's and I'll see if I can squeeze any more info out of him about it if he does get back to me and if I can get anything else out of him about any of this, I'll post it here.

John

P.S. HA! (Joe) ...and OH I hear ya susieq!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bnrc.jpg (52.7 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 06-05-2003 at 04:38 PM..