Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego, Humphreys By the Bay

The show is consistently excellent and I think tonight's was as good as the first time. The venue was full.

Other than the airport, I've never had anyone take my water before. But when they looked in my purse and saw a water bottle, they confiscated it because it was unsealed and they replaced it with a new bottle.

When Lindsey spoke to the audience, I was relieved that he could finally say that the album was actually out. He said it's out today and someone in the audience yelled, "We have it!"

I laughed when Lindsey introduced Big Love as the first single off the Tango album. He should do that when FM tours. Yeah, remind Stevie that whatsa matter baby just didn't get it! This reminds me of Stevie introducing Beautiful Child from an album named Tusk. I think she might have been a little surprised that anyone recognized the name Tusk.

To my mind, GOS is even better now than the first time. Setlist remained the same.

When Lindsey threw his guitar pick after UTS, a young man whom I (rightly or wrongly) took to be Peetsie collected it. There were a couple of women in the audience who coveted it.

When Lindsey introduced DYMM, he said that his record company, Warner's, picked it to be the single. Well, Warner's has good taste, because when they picked SYH to go first off of UTS, that was an excellent choice in my mind and DYMM works here, too. Lindsey said that they're servicing the single to radio formats and noted, with a wry smile that "servicing" is the operative word. It made me think of Underground and him saying that in his younger days he was taken for a whore. Does he feel like a prostitute servicing the radio stations, as he promotes his album?

Lindsey took great pleasure when a couple in the first row started dancing to DYMM. He smiled at them during the song and when it was over he pointed to them and said, "Yeah!"

When Lindsey introduced Wally he said that when he was listening to Wally play drums earlier, he heard a beat that made him want to get back in the studio with some Pro Tools and write something. He said he hoped he and the band would be together for a long time.

When he introduced Brett he said that Brett was versatile in many areas and amused himself with the thought of Brett's versatility. He said, "maybe that's a subject we should let lie where it is."

When he introduced TPT he said that it was actually the mate to Treason. He said while Treason tells you to let time work things out, TPT reminds you not to squander time. Hmmm. TPT says "take all the time that you need." So, how does Lindsey figure that it is telling you not to squander it.

The crowd rushes the stage for GYOW and there are people about 7 feet deep all standing.

With the audience standing at his feet, Lindsey comments that someone is daring him to go to the bar. He wonders where the bar is. He asks a woman below him what she is saying and when she screams that he is a "guitar God," Lindsey and Brett pretend that they didn't hear her and that they think she said Lindsey is a "guitar cod."

Soon, Lindsey's tour will be leaving the west coast and when he asks DYMM, the answer will be a resounding yes!

No one knows my name, walking down the street baby . . .

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-17-2008 at 04:27 AM..
Old 09-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When he introduced Brett he said that Brett was versatile in many areas and amused himself with the thought of Brett's versatility. He said, "maybe that's a subject we should let lie where it is."
Am I the only one who reads that THAT way? Lindsey's so weird.

Michele, as always, A GREAT RECAP!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I laughed when Lindsey introduced Big Love as the first single off the Tango album. He should do that when FM tours. Yeah, remind Stevie that whatsa matter baby just didn't get it! This reminds me of Stevie introducing Beautiful Child from an album named Tusk. I think she might have been a little surprised that anyone recognized the name Tusk . . . .
You always read digs in their little speeches. CM used to introduce Over My Head as the "first single we ever had from the FM White Album." Was she digging at LB and La Nicks? So, I think they are not digs - I think it is just rote speech and I think it exists for the newer fans who may not have heard of Tusk or TITN.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
You always read digs in their little speeches. CM used to introduce Over My Head as the "first single we ever had from the FM White Album." Was she digging at LB and La Nicks? So, I think they are not digs - I think it is just rote speech and I think it exists for the newer fans who may not have heard of Tusk or TITN.
No, I never read digs into their little speeches -- not the song introductions anyway. Interviews? Yes, that's a different story. I just decided to take it that way to amuse myself, as I thought the whatsa matter baby would make rather clear. I don't really think Lindsey has threatened Brett to make Brett say nice things about him either, although I may have suggested that he has. Furthermore, I'm not sure that the show's headliner needs to be introduced to the audience anyway. It's not like he hasn't already gotten enough applause that night.

Now, when Chris was there, they used to shout each other's name. Chris would say "Lindsey" and Lindsey would say "Christine" and Christine would say "Stevie." But Lindsey and Stevie never call each other's name (now Mick just does it). Dig? Maybe.

Lindsey introduced DYMM as a "pretty" song, which reminded me of the way he would introduce Stevie's songs sometimes. Dig? I think not.

Michele
Old 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought the show was the worse one on the tour so far, the sound quality was terrible, i was in the 8th row dead middle so no problems with my seat! his solo's were not loud enough, and his vocal on the first 3 tracks got lost in the mix, the place was only 75% full it was not full at all the whole row in front of me was empty... here's hoping the arizona show is better!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had no problems with the sound at all or hearing his vocals in the mix. In fact, the only problem I had is the same all the time: that light that is shining and blinding people in the audience. Someone even mentioned it to him.

I didn't know there were any center seats empty. Before the show started I saw lots of empty seats on the left side of the theater, but those seemed to be filled in by the time Lindsey took the stage, plus there were people sitting on the sides by the boats, who weren't in any seats.

Michele
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't following the UTS tour too closely at the time. Did the setlists stay so static then? I'm really hoping for at least a LITTLE shake up. Won't be surprised if there isn't one, but it would be nice.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I wasn't following the UTS tour too closely at the time. Did the setlists stay so static then? I'm really hoping for at least a LITTLE shake up. Won't be surprised if there isn't one, but it would be nice.
Well, for UTS the last encore song changed quite a bit. I think he did SMAP most often, but he switched up.

Michele
Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Good Read Michele... Thanks! There's so many threads and things to read, I'm missing stuff! Just got around to reading this now!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Good Read Michele... Thanks! There's so many threads and things to read, I'm missing stuff! Just got around to reading this now!
I know. All these album reviews are coming out at once and I love it, but t's hard to keep up. We FM fans live in times of feast or famine. Michele
Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

san deigo was amazing
thanks guys
Old 09-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

michele, was it my imagination or did he do TRPTF on this night? I know he moved TPT to the end.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
michele, was it my imagination or did he do TRPTF on this night? I know he moved TPT to the end.
You were dreaming, Niki. Maybe next time. Michele
Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 AM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You were dreaming, Niki. Maybe next time. Michele
I could have swore I heard him sing 'twist of fate'...is that lyric elsewhere?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well . . . the only thing I can imagine is that pre-show music they play. It's Lindsey doing guitar instrumentals and some of them are old GOS songs. Could it be possible that you heard "Twist of Fate" then. That phrase isn't in any of his lyrics from the setlist.

Michele