Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Questions re: Tango 12" Single Remixes

I need some help... I'm trying to sort out all the various remixes that were issued for the Tango singles. I have nearly all of them, and then some that don't seem to fit in anywhere. I'm pretty much on track with just about everything, but I cannot locate an official source for the following tracks:

*Family Man - Remix Edit (5:25). Does anyone know where this originated? The 7" & 12" singles released in the US and Europe do not have this mix on them. There are others...but not this one. There is also a remix edit of Big Love, originally released on the promo 12" single for Big Love (but not on the single released for sale). Does anyone know if there was promo for Family man that contained this edited remix? If not, does anyone know where it came from? Is it fan-made...or official?

*Seven Wonders - Remix Edit (4:27). Same as above, in that I cannot locate an official source for this edit of the extended remix from the 12" single. Is it possibly fan made as well?

This brings me to the song Everywhere. The 12" single for this song contains an extended version (5:35) and a 'dub' version, running 3:58. The problem is that I also have a track labeled as a dance remix, which runs 3:28. It's got very fast music, and the vocal deosn't even sound like Christine, except in a few parts. This track is on various boot CDs, and the copy I have came from a boot titled "Tango In The Night Remixes Volume 1". Does anyone know the source of this mix? I cannot locate any official release which contains it.

My reason for needing this information is that I'm trying to put together a CD that contains only the officially released remixes and b-sides for Tango. I don't want to miss anything, and I don't want anything extra. It's already running onto two discs, but I'm still lacking a few songs. Since my goal is to source everything from vinyl (or CD in the rare instances it is possible), I have a few more records to obtain before I can start this project. I'm going to do the same for Stevie's Rock A Little LP as well, but that's down the way a bit.

I have one last question before I end my seemingly endless rambling ....Does anyone have the Little Lies 3" promo CD with the extended mix, that they opened? I have one, but it's still sealed, and I'd prefer to keep it sealed. Before I search ebay for a new one that I can open, I thought I'd ask if anyone had an opened one that they would copy for me. Never hurts to ask.

Any information about the above tracks, especially from others who collect these 12" singles, would be very much appeciated.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case