User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Her most underrated song

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/christine+mcvie

It's got to be ''Come A Little Bit Closer'' , sounding so good on that tumblr player.
Damn they need to remaster all the pre-Rumours stuff NOW
Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Prove Your Love.

I had Rowan make me an 8 minute loop of the ahh ahh's in the intro because I love it that much...

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Prove Your Love.

I had Rowan make me an 8 minute loop of the ahh ahh's in the intro because I love it that much...
My sister and I share a wall, and she's ready to vomit every time she hears those ahh ahhs. I had that song on constant repeat for months! Possibly my favorite Chris of all.
Still, I think it's often thought of as a standout from Heroes, no?

I'm casting my vote for the criminally underrated "Love in Store." What a perfect opener! Perfectly snappy, with lovely harmonies. I start every workout with it; it just puts me in the best mood.

Honorable mentions: "Bad Loser," "Honey Hi," "Isn't it Midnight"
Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ I think I w0uld join your sister in prodding the wall with a broomstick! Of all of Chris's wonderful songs, that's the one song of hers that makes my skin crawl. It's like an acid trip gone wrong...

My absolute favorite is "Ask Anybody." It has to be about Dennis Wilson. "...they say that I should walk out, but that's not what I want... somehow, some way he'll change and we'll try it all over again... without all the pain..." Such sad, hopeful but delusional words. Poor Chris . She manages to capture an elegiac mood that is uplifting in an odd way. The Steve Winwood solo always gets me.

"Morning Rain" is my go-to feelgood song. So simple, but so rocking. "There's no use being dissatisfied... you'll never know until you try."
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
^^ I think I w0uld join your sister in prodding the wall with a broomstick! Of all of Chris's wonderful songs, that's the one song of hers that makes my skin crawl. It's like an acid trip gone wrong...

My absolute favorite is "Ask Anybody." It has to be about Dennis Wilson. "...they say that I should walk out, but that's not what I want... somehow, some way he'll change and we'll try it all over again... without all the pain..." Such sad, hopeful but delusional words. Poor Chris . She manages to capture an elegiac mood that is uplifting in an odd way. The Steve Winwood solo always gets me.

"Morning Rain" is my go-to feelgood song. So simple, but so rocking. "There's no use being dissatisfied... you'll never know until you try."

Sometimes, Edward, I cannot believe we're friends!

"Ask Anybody" doesn't do much for me, but then, I really haven't given Christine McVie much of a shot. I should get around to that one...

I've been listening to Christine Perfect a bunch lately, and I might add "When You Say" to my list. Maybe it's just because it sounds so different from the rest of that album, but I absolutely consider it the standout track. Danny Kirwan did a wonderful job with that one.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I'm casting my vote for the criminally underrated "Love in Store." What a perfect opener! Perfectly snappy, with lovely harmonies.
"Love in Store" was included in the Mirage tour so it wasn't that underrated, imho. As "Isn't it midnight", I feel it was underrated but at least it was included in the Tango tour.

Well the issue is underrated by who? People, media, or the band itself? My previous sentences were based in the band itself.

My list would be:

Never Make Me Cry
Warm Ways
Wish you were here
Do you know
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
"Love in Store" was included in the Mirage tour so it wasn't that underrated, imho. As "Isn't it midnight", I feel it was underrated but at least it was included in the Tango tour.
Love In Store was never played again, as far as I know, right? I wish it was. Isn't it Midnight was played on two tours--Tango and Mask. Why oh Why was it not included in The Dance? It would have been a great up tune.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Do you know
This was a particular gem in my life. I can still link everything that was going on in my life at that time, to Do You Know. Young love!

DYK meant everything to me....
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/christine+mcvie

It's got to be ''Come A Little Bit Closer'' , sounding so good on that tumblr player.
Damn they need to remaster all the pre-Rumours stuff NOW
Yup. Love this song to death. Also "Why" has always been a big favorite of mine and just about every song of hers on Tusk, which I don't feel get enough credit. A lot of people don't like "Honey Hi" but I think it's such an underrated gem of a song.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Honey Hi and it fits perfectly on that album. If it had appeared on Mirage or somewhere else, then I don't think I would appreciate it so much. The drum beat is hypnotic, but peaceful too, mirroring the simplicity of the lyrics. It would have been a beautiful thing to see Mick and Christine performing this live.

Michele
Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love Honey Hi and it fits perfectly on that album. If it had appeared on Mirage or somewhere else, then I don't think I would appreciate it so much. The drum beat is hypnotic, but peaceful too, mirroring the simplicity of the lyrics. It would have been a beautiful thing to see Mick and Christine performing this live.

Michele
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy . That's what this song is to me, a real band effort. With the individualities starting to show on Tusk, this song always reminded me how bound they ar...were.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to assume that they meant Did You Ever Love Me here in this review of a recital by Dr. Dan Moore. Here is an excerpt.

http://uimusicrising.wordpress.com/2...n-performance/

I know what you’re thinking, saxophones in a steel band? The horns actually provided an interesting timbral characterist that was quite nice. Second, they played an arrangement of Fleetwood Mac’s “Could You Ever Love Me?” featuring Dr. Moore on the marimba with two exciting solo sections. Leaving smiles on the audience’s faces, they ended their portion of the concert with a medley of the Muppet Show Movie that featured a rogue percussionist during the “Mahna-mahna” portion of the piece.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My vote goes to "Homeward Bound." Great piano, very believable emotion. And a real rocker, something we didn't get too often from Christine.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy .
And they came back and did Farmer's Daughter the same way. So beautiful. A lovely way to end things, only I blame Ms. Perfect for not telling me it was the end, so I could have acted accordingly.

It reminds me of a passage in Wicked when all the college friends are having a post-funeral gathering: good food, drink and company. Abundant laughter. And the narrator says if they had known that it would be the last time they'd all be together, maybe they would have lingered a little longer over dinner. It gave me a chill to read that and it put me in mourning, even though nothing bad had happened in the book yet and the characters didn't suspect how their futures would divide them.

Of course, the RRHOF was the real ending for FM. And much later in Wicked, when the little girl, Nor, asks if the witch ever returned, the mother says, "Not yet." That's what I will say of FM: not yet.

Michele