Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow CBS interview w LB - FM settled

other than the interview, LB performed 3 songs - Turn It On, Big Love and [online only] Treason.

the whole interview and all 3 songs are on youtube (links above for some of it).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like he's open to going back again.

That disappoints the f*ck out of me.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It sounds like he's open to going back again.

That disappoints the f*ck out of me.
same. and i told him that at my m&g.

not dissapointed though that he's way bigger person than the rest of us, but that if Mick and Stevie come to him with their tails between their legs, he will relent and go back to that time wasting nostalgia outfit. i mean i know they are all lifelong dysfunctional family and share so much. and i'm actually encoraged with this interview, because what he was telling us at m&gs sounded even more open to the reunion.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Best part about all of this, to me, is hearing Chris reached out after the settlement was finalized.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
same. and i told him that at my m&g.

not dissapointed though that he's way bigger person than the rest of us, but that if Mick and Stevie come to him with their tails between their legs, he will relent and go back to that time wasting nostalgia outfit. i mean i know they are all lifelong dysfunctional family and share so much. and i'm actually encoraged with this interview, because what he was telling us at m&gs sounded even more open to the reunion.
Well, I'm sure that the toughest thing is - the only way to be a BIG rock star....to play in front of 20K people, is to put your tail between your legs, and go back.

So I guess it all boils down to how important that is to him. How much he enjoys the fame and big bucks of the big machine.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, I'm sure that the toughest thing is - the only way to be a BIG rock star....to play in front of 20K people, is to put your tail between your legs, and go back.

So I guess it all boils down to how important that is to him. How much he enjoys the fame and big bucks of the big machine.
you are missing the family part. and i think he got some big bucks in that settlement although he probably could have gotten even bigger, but that's just my pure speculation.

while i'm sure he loves the adulation and big audiences and he may miss that eventually, him almost crying when talking about going home? that's more it for him i think. but i hope he can reconcile with them privately without going back to the band and endless oldies tours which at this point would be just a waste of his time.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This interview just makes he hate Stevie. What a bitchhhhhhhhh!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone article

basically summary of the CBS interview, like what they also did in April when the "new band" sat down with CBS. all links to CBS videos of the whole interview are if you click at the article link too.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...lement-766573/

Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham Settle Lawsuit Over Dismissal From Band
“I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all,” guitarist tells CBS This Morning of settlement

By DANIEL KREPS

Lindsey Buckingham revealed in a new interview that he has settled his lawsuit against his former Fleetwood Mac bandmates.

Following Buckingham’s surprise firing from Fleetwood Mac in January, the guitarist filed a lawsuit against the band in October, alleging breach of fiduciary duty and breach of oral contract, among other charges.

“Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court,” a rep for the band told Rolling Stone in October.

However, in an interview with CBS This Morning that aired Saturday – the guitarist’s first television interview since his dismissal – Buckingham said that the lawsuit was quietly settled a couple weeks ago.

“We’ve all signed off on something,” Buckingham said of the settlement. “I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

Buckingham did not elaborate on the terms of the settlement. Buckingham declined to comment to Rolling Stone. A rep for Fleetwood Mac did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

During the CBS This Morning interview, Buckingham talked about the “visceral” feeling of being dismissed from the band – reportedly at the behest of Stevie Nicks – and said that, since his firing, he hasn’t spoken to any of his former bandmates except for Christine McVie, who reached out to Buckingham recently.

“I have had, only in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten an email, which I expected to get, from Christine McVie,” Buckingham said; the two released their Buckingham/McVie album in 2017. “She wrote me an email and basically said, ‘Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much.’ She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.'”

Despite Fleetwood Mac’s ongoing and never-ending drama, Buckingham said he would be open to reuniting with his former bandmates in some capacity, if the timing’s right. However, his dismissal has a sense of finality to it, he said.

“I’m pretty much figuring that I won’t because a lot of people who know how convoluted Fleetwood Mac’s politics have been will say two years from now they’re gonna… and I’m like, ‘I’m not so sure.’ You know, it’s something is a little different this time,” Buckingham told CBS This Morning.

In addition to the interview, Buckingham performed three songs – “Treason,” “Big Love” and “Turn It On” – as part of the show’s Saturday Sessions:

In This Article: Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham

Old 12-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This interview just makes he hate Stevie. What a bitchhhhhhhhh!
I hope $he's able to look in the mirror, somewhat, and see how insufferable $he's become.

I mean, $he won't, because her enablers are still telling her how great her poo smells.

HOW could Lindsey go back to THAT? If he does, there better not be any of the fake holding hands and all that crap!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Best part about all of this, to me, is hearing Chris reached out after the settlement was finalized.
I had the opposite reaction. It made my opinion of Christine drop. She stayed silent the entire time and claimed to be in London when the coup happened. She could have stopped it. Instead she was passive while even John and her looked at $$$$$ instead of the legacy of the band. Chris and John let Stevie control Mick. For her to reach out to him after settlement seems like a nice gesture and I am sure Lindsey appreciates it. But its a little too late IMHO. For Chris to say what she said about her and possibly even Stevie missing him really tells you the buyer's remorse they have. I think it finally sunk in what they did to themselves. No band member should have that much power. Lindsey states he has no idea why Stevie acted the way that she did but felt she was looking for reasons. IMHO it was clearly the Buckingham/McVie project where the rest of the band went on and recorded without her. It was a jealous rage the same kind when Stevie found out Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning together. I think Chris and Stevie realize the cover band version of themselves they have become.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-08-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 12-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I had the opposite reaction. It made my opinion of Christine drop. She stayed silent the entire time and claimed to be in London when the coup happened. She could have stopped it. Instead she was passive while even John and her looked at $$$$$ instead of the legacy of the band. Chris and John let Stevie control Mick. For her to reach out to him after settlement seems like a nice gesture and I am sure Lindsey appreciates it. But its a little too late IMHO. For Chris to say what she said about her and possibly even Stevie missing him really tells you the buyer's remorse they have. I think it finally sunk in what they did to themselves. No band member should have that much power. Lindsey states he has no idea why Stevie acted the way that she did but felt she was looking for reasons. IMHO it was clearly the Buckingham/McVie project where the rest of the band went on and recorded without her. It was a jealous rage the same kind when Stevie found out Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning together. I think Chris and Stevie realize the cover band version of themselves they have become.

I second this. It makes me so sad. Yes, its good to hear she had no say and didn't agree, but why the f**k didn't she make a stand and say 'No! this isn't right. This isn't going to happen Stevie'???
If as it seems this really was all about his smirking (or really just a power thing based on years of animosity) and not related to a particular argument that occurred at Musicares, then Chris and the rest of the band should have had the moral compass to stand up for what was right. Instead they bowed to the Sith Lord.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris is 75 years old and she just got back in the band. She probably feels powerless or like she doesn’t have the right to tell anyone anything. How can she bitch about Mick or Stevie when she was one the reasons Fleetwood Mac never got another group album with all five of them? She knows she is lucky they let her back in the band.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If he does go back it will be to preserve the legacy of the band. That is really important to him.

He's a better person than I am. I would have said "NO WAY" to a reunion. He's very forgiving.

And of course Stevie wants him back. She sees that the tour isn't selling as well as it would have if Lindsey would have been there. She knows there's no chemistry between the rest of the band and Cambell & Finn. Just look at Hold Me in Phoenix, that was a one hot mess.
Not to mention the fact that she lost a lot of fans over this. It's sad really.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 12-08-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I’m pretty sure the dismissal and subsequent radio silence wasn’t her choice.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There won’t be any going back. This is the last tour for that band. And the only way Chris stops this is if she chose LB. They picked SN for this tour and that’s that.

“Him or me”. They chose her.