The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

bravo to both Marty and blackcat for all the hard work. What a great interview, detailed, interesting, personal and professional!!! Waddy has always been somewhat of a mysterious genius and it was great to hear his personal perspective and thoughts.

Truly appreciated by FM and Stevie fans...and now we can add Waddy fans!!

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
joe

WOW! BIG!!! you weren't kidding!!! what a thorough and comprehensive piece that was...i just got done reading it....it took forever...i'm also astounded at the credentials he has. I knew he worked with a lot of people but i didn't know the list was THAT long. He IS one of my favorite guitarists. I can always tell when he's playing on a song (like Lindsey)...Definately an inspiration too.

I really hope Stevie uses him on her next tour(s). Although she has always had a great backup band, I missed Waddy for many years in her shows. I was ECSTATIC that he was back with her for the TISL show. He just fits in with the whole history.

He really knows how to talk huh?! He really rambles on and on...don't get me wrong, i loved it. I just didn't expect it at all. It's so funny when you see a musician for years and years but never really hear anything about them. Now, if we could just get Waddy to give Stevie some pointers about answering (in lengths other than one sentence) on the current Nicks Fix Q&A!!!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:15 PM
joe

I also really really really loved the fact that he tried to get Stevie to do some different in concert these days....I mean, how cool would have been to hear "Bella Donna" live? I still can't understand the reasons they nixed it. no pun intended. anyway, now i guess we can understand the reasons she does a lot of the same songs all the time. But, you can mix it up with one song here and there!!! And, i also always noticed how her songs are in that A, G, F chord structure since the Rhiannon days. He made a lot of sense in what he said about that.

My only complaint was that he suggested her dropping "Outside the Rain" =(
I know she's done that on every tour but it's probably my all time favorite live songs from her solo career. And i loved how it used to segue into "Dreams".
Old 01-14-2003, 01:28 PM
joe

One more thing....you think i could get all this into one post huh?
I need to reread that thing regarding the "Edge of Seventeen" riff....I'm so glad that was addressed. I've read this at work and it kind of didn't sink in at that point. need to reread it at home.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well done! Very informative and interesting interview! It was really nice to find out more about the mysterious Waddy Wachtel! I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks to Blackcat and Marty for all of their hard work.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 01-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks very much indeed to Marty and Blackcat and anyone else who was involved in making this happen. It was a fantastic and very informative interview: for Mac-addicts like us, its all about those tiny things that we didn't know before!

Old 01-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Ledgie

blackcat, this is terrific. I'm just getting up to the part about Lindsey. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. It's wonderful to finally see something new and interesting.

-- Farrah.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking WOW !!!

Hi Marty and blackcat!!!
WOW !!! That is a very terrific interesting interview!
At the AHI Concert I noticed Lindsey and Waddy enjoying
playing together and Waddy seemed pleased to see Linz!

The Playing by EAR story is fun! His ear got ahead of his reading the music!!! He must be a musical prodigy type!

The Everly Bros. Story intriqued me also!!!Thanks for an hour
of musical history! Waddy is a fun guy!!! Best Musical Wishes!

P.S...Marty, you know what a time I have getting "it" right
on the "net"...believe it or not I got the article fast!
Thanks a LOT!!! BYE!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Figura
bravo to both Marty and blackcat for all the hard work. What a great interview, detailed, interesting, personal and professional!!!
A fantastic read, all of it. It was intriguing to hear that Waddy tried to talk Stevie into opening her shows last year with "Talk to Me." Waddy likes to shake things up a little; he's a good influence on Stevie even though she probably vetoes a lot of his suggestions.

And that bit about the choreographed moves of the backup singers was a hoot! That cheese was nice back in the days when Stevie vibrated & twirled & kicked a lot---it was a humorous visual balance, a foil to Stevie's spontaneous epileptic-like fits. But now that Stevie plants herself there like an oak tree, the backup singer moves seem way out of place to me. They ought to just move freely & sing more call-and-response parts. More interaction.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:19 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by David
But now that Stevie plants herself there like an oak tree, the backup singer moves seem way out of place to me. They ought to just move freely & sing more call-and-response parts. More interaction.
hahahaha! i'd go out on a limb (no pun intended...eh, what the hay! pun intended!) and say more like a weeping willow. i'm sure the girls just get bored standing there all night long. maybe we should offer them some bar stools at the next show.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks so much for this, Marty.

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
WOW! BIG!!! you weren't kidding!!! what a thorough and comprehensive piece that was...i just got done reading it....it took forever...i'm also astounded at the credentials he has. I knew he worked with a lot of people but i didn't know the list was THAT long. He IS one of my favorite guitarists. I can always tell when he's playing on a song (like Lindsey)...Definately an inspiration too.
My thoughts exactly, Joe.
This is such a wonderful thing for us to get the chance to read. All the hard work that went into it is truly appreciated. Waddy Wachtel sounds like a delightful person in addition to being one of the best rock and roll guitar players. I wanted to hug him after reading this. I love the fact that it starts out with that Letterman quote (I remember seeing that Letterman show). Waddy's anectodes are the best. Loved the bits about working with Stevie, especially about how her fans will embrace new material because of the familiar chord progression. Fascinating. It was also cool to hear from his wife too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."