The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"little cassette player" - they didn't have mini cassette players until the 80's. I had a huge black bulky one that I borrowed from my Dad. In fact I still have the cassette with Dreams on it...worbly and warped but still in existence!! tho I actually kept it because it had Best of My Love by the Emotions not the Eagles...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 01-13-2003 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Bella, you and I have alot in common!
Ah, yes, you young uns.......
you haven't lived until you have stood there, holding that little cassette player up to the speaker of the stereo, waiting for the
*&%$#@ DeeJay to shut up talking over your favorite song so you can tape it! Then, in my case, you usually wind up with a track that has your kid sister screaming on it in the background and then you yelling back at her to shut up 'cause your "taping Fleetwood Mac off the radio!!
-Sharon
I've never done that before. I really would have loved to have been a teenager in the 70s, it sounds like it could have been better than being a teenager, right now.(and for the next 6 years)
Old 01-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...because it had Best of My Love by the Emotions not the Eagles...
A little trivia regarding that song.

Ex-Eagle Randy Meisner played the EMOTIONS "Best Of My Love" during his first solo tour (I saw him at the Universal Amphitheatre when he opened for Bob Welch in 1977). He introduced the song, "I'd like to play a song called "Best Of My Love" for you now"...everyone went nuts thinking it WAS the Eagles tune.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

About the "little cassette player", yeah you are right, they were pretty bulky, BUT they had those oh-so-cool little microphones with the cord so you could do a groovy Stevie imitation! lol!

I had a top almost exactly like the one Stevie is wearing in the "chicken coop sessions", you know the one that wound up on the cover of the VBoFM?

But then again, in 76, who didn't? Macrame belts, floppy hats, ribbon chokers...........the coolest stuff ever.

I love lots of different music, but FM is my comfort zone.
I never stay away from it for too long.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ..little cassette players...

YAY.. for those things in the 70's..geez where would we have been without them! The worst thing though was trying to squeeze the name of the artist onto the tiny tape cover
Try fitting "Buckinghamnicks" into that space...damn near impossible!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, lol...I was only about four when Rumours came out...but LOL, Sharon, I had one of those tops, too. My mom was a really cool hippie chick, hahaha...and dressed me in bell bottoms and flowing gypsy-type tops. Even had some really ugly, clunky brown boots. There was one year, I think I was six...she dressed me as a gypsy for Halloween. She used two of her skirts...one as a top and one underneath and then belted them around my waist...there's a pic of me somewhere, lol. She even tied a bandana on my head...lots of jewelry. Too bad I didn't have blond hair...still don't, lol....but then I could've said she dressed me as Stevie...

Oh, and I had one of those "little" black tape recorders, too. Used to tape off the radio...and my Grandma used to tape my soap opera off the TV for me, too.

~Angela~