User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
That was really the first time that the UK gay scene had been shown for exactly what it was at the time - filthy, dirty, sorded, cheap...but fabulous. It was so amazingly accurate and real.
And that's precisely why I loathe the gay scene, I don't know if it's just my little town (Middlesbrough) but like, everyone knows everyone else, everyone has slept with everyone else. It's repulsive.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
And that's precisely why I loathe the gay scene, I don't know if it's just my little town (Middlesbrough) but like, everyone knows everyone else, everyone has slept with everyone else. It's repulsive.
Oooooooh you're from t'Boro. Not too far from me, I live about half an hour north of Leeds, not far from Skipton.

I've found that the bigger the scene, the worse it is. The gay scene in Bradford, for example, is a hoot. So fun and relaxed. Oh sure, there is an element of filth behind it, but it's not that noticeable. The gay scene in Leeds, however, is absolutely awful and you couldn't pay me to hit the Leeds scene.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oooooooh you're from t'Boro. Not too far from me, I live about half an hour north of Leeds, not far from Skipton.
Oh cool. I actually have to drive to Leeds Trinity Uni in a couple of hours (PGCE Open Evening thingie. Gonna scout for hotties)

One thing that annoys me about gays is their commitment issues. I was dating this one guy, who lived in Catterick (so about 50 minutes drive away) and he was all "I don't want us getting too close to each other, distance etc" so I was all "Fairdoos" but then, when I'd posted something about having sex on the beach while in Gran Canaria (NOT recommended, I think I ruined a perfectly good pair of shorts) he hit the ROOF. It's like, you can't have your cake and eat it to. You either want me, or you don't. Make up your mind! Can't stand the whole "I don't want you, but don't want anyone else to have you"

Unless this is just me.

(LOVE this thread btw. Totally needed this rant! )

Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh cool. I actually have to drive to Leeds Trinity Uni in a couple of hours (PGCE Open Evening thingie. Gonna scout for hotties)
Good luck! There are some hotties around Leeds, but equal amounts of nutters! Grindr, I presume?

Quote:

One thing that annoys me about gays is their commitment issues. I was dating this one guy, who lived in Catterick (so about 50 minutes drive away) and he was all "I don't want us getting too close to each other, distance etc" so I was all "Fairdoos" but then, when I'd posted something about having sex on the beach while in Gran Canaria (NOT recommended, I think I ruined a perfectly good pair of shorts) he hit the ROOF. It's like, you can't have your cake and eat it to. You either want me, or you don't. Make up your mind! Can't stand the whole "I don't want you, but don't want anyone else to have you"

Unless this is just me.
Urgh, I know how that feels! Equally, I'm guilty of it myself though.

One thing I can't be doing with us overbearing boyfriends. My amazing man tends to leave me to my own devices. Sure, we do things together and go places together, but day to day, we're hardly even in the same room. We wake up together, we have dinner together and we go to bed together and everything inbetween is our own time really.

My ex was very overbearing. The whole relationship was about me. He wouldn't leave me alone and kept touching me. Everywhere we went. Like he was claiming me or something. Had to put a stop to that. Funilly enough, we're still friends and he's gone the complete oposite way with his current partner, who he largely ignores.

Myself and my other half seem to have found the balance between time together and time apart. And thank god, 'cause I need time to myself. Especially when the headphones are on. If I've got a new album to listen to, he knows to shush
Old 07-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do love the original british "Queer As Folk" series though. That was really the first time that the UK gay scene had been shown for exactly what it was at the time - filthy, dirty, sorded, cheap...but fabulous. It was so amazingly accurate and real.
The British QAF is the best tv show since Golden Girls. That and Oz.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
The British QAF is the best tv show since Golden Girls. That and Oz.
That's the gayest thing that's been said so far
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question to my fellow queer boys ~ Who are your celebrity man crushes? Actors, musicians, authors, reporters, reality stars, etc. Just curious.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Question to my fellow queer boys ~ Who are your celebrity man crushes? Actors, musicians, authors, reporters, reality stars, etc. Just curious.
James Franco.

OK, and Chris Martin. Totally wanna marry that guy.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
GREAT question. My celebrity crushes change pretty frequently, so this is just as of today:

Movies: The cast of I Am Happiness on Earth (Hugo Catalan, Emilio von Sternenfels, Alan Ramírez, Gerardo Del Razo)
TV: Gregg Sulkin (PLL, Delirium)
Music: Alex Gardner (aka A-L-X)
Pundit: Marc Lamont Hill
Reality stars: Zach Nichols (The Challenge)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-09-2014 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The British QAF is one that I completely appreciate as great and culturally important etc, but have no desire to really watch much myself. It's like the Joni Mitchell of television shows.

Celebrity crushes? These days I have kind of a massive thing for Simon Amstell, but I appreciate that most might think that's a bit odd.

And, depending how loosely we're using the term celebrity, John Polly (right)

Old 07-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My future husbands (in random order) are...

1. Ewan McGregor (he will satiate my lust for red heads)
2. Del Marquis
3. Anderson Cooper (my silver daddy)
4. Rob McElhenney
5. Michael Fassbender (have ya'll seen what's between his legs?)
6. Fyfe Dangerfield

...and I'm sure a whole list of others that I can't think of at the moment.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris Meloni, for a long time, but that has waned in recent years. I think Jon Hamm has replaced him (although he doesn't quite have the same amount of raw sex appeal). I'd almost say Stephen Amell from Arrow, but he's a little too pretty. Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka are both adorable. Zachary Quinto.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do not get the appeal of James Franco at all. He always looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks. I wish he'd go away, along with Gwyneth Paltrow.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I do not get the appeal of James Franco at all. He always looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks. I wish he'd go away, along with Gwyneth Paltrow.
David Franco on the other hand...

Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Question to my fellow queer boys ~ Who are your celebrity man crushes?
Ben Cohen. Woof.