Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie on Christine's Return 12/7/13

I apologize in advance if this information is already old news to the ledgies out there. But I just saw a "new" news item pop up on Christine's return to Fleetwood Mac. Stevie talks to Billboard:

Fast-forward a few years later to 2013, and Nicks was back on the road with her old band, Fleetwood Mac, for an international tour. Fans were no doubt jazzed by a very special guest that joined the group for two shows in September: former band mate Christine McVie.

The singer/songwriter left the group in 1998, and hadn't performed with the band since. "I think she's probably been asked 5 million times to come back to the band," Nicks says. "By all of us. By every one one of us. And she has said, in no uncertain terms, 'No. No. Absolutely not. No way.'"

So then it may have come as a surprise to many, when McVie told the Guardian in November that she would be "delighted" if the band were to "ask" her to play with them again. "But it hasn't happened, so we'll have to wait and see."

But Nicks says, "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you. How you feel. Do you want to take this on again?'"

"This" meaning the "two-hour and 45 minute show" each night, which Nicks describes as a "job of champions" that "is not easy, 'cause we are not young. And we are out there rocking for almost three solid hours."

With that said, Nicks says "I don't know what she'll do. Story to come. To be continued."

The full article is here:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ood-mac-return
Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I apologize in advance if this information is already old news to the ledgies out there. But I just saw a "new" news item pop up on Christine's return to Fleetwood Mac. Stevie talks to Billboard:

Fast-forward a few years later to 2013, and Nicks was back on the road with her old band, Fleetwood Mac, for an international tour. Fans were no doubt jazzed by a very special guest that joined the group for two shows in September: former band mate Christine McVie.

The singer/songwriter left the group in 1998, and hadn't performed with the band since. "I think she's probably been asked 5 million times to come back to the band," Nicks says. "By all of us. By every one one of us. And she has said, in no uncertain terms, 'No. No. Absolutely not. No way.'"

So then it may have come as a surprise to many, when McVie told the Guardian in November that she would be "delighted" if the band were to "ask" her to play with them again. "But it hasn't happened, so we'll have to wait and see."

But Nicks says, "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you. How you feel. Do you want to take this on again?'"

"This" meaning the "two-hour and 45 minute show" each night, which Nicks describes as a "job of champions" that "is not easy, 'cause we are not young. And we are out there rocking for almost three solid hours."

With that said, Nicks says "I don't know what she'll do. Story to come. To be continued."

The full article is here:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ood-mac-return
Actually this article is being discussed in Stevie's sandbox...perhaps the moderators will merge the threads...
Old 12-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Actually this article is being discussed in Stevie's sandbox...perhaps the moderators will merge the threads...
Thanks, BlueDenimLamp. I thought it might be elsewhere.