The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Meanwhile I'm wondering if it's worth the $15 to buy the book off of Amazon. I didn't become a FM fan until long after this book was published.( I'm only 18, after all )
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I always got the opposite impression. That she's never moved on because she's so hung up on Lindsey. And who can blame her? I mean...
Yes, when she talks about it, about him being the only one she was ever with that long, it's not as if she's saying that it was such a nightmare relationship she never wanted to have one like that again, it's more like she takes succor in the fact that he was the only one to whom she was ever really "married," despite the other romances she's had.

I mean, a part of her does indicate that she doesn't really want to get close and suggests that he wanted more intimacy than she could give, a sentiment that inspired her Gold and Braid lyrics, but I also sense a kind of pride in what they had when she says that her mother and father considered them married and so did they, like she's never had that closeness.

Yes, her POTU lyrics which say you will never love again the way you loved me, you will never rule again the way you ruled me suggest he had a dominion over her that she wanted to escape on one hand, but to me there's that other unsung, unsaid half that says, "you'll never love again that way and I will never BE loved again that way."

You will never rule again and I will never fall under someone's sway so deeply that I want to surrender again. I mean she calls it an angry song of hers, but when I hear the song, it's a universe where the world ends not in rage, but with regret.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's another little tidbit from the book...the kitten's name was Monty Clift, because that was Lindsey's favorite actor.
Of course, the sexy appealing musician loves the sexy appealing(for his time) actor.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Oh Deeshere you made me pick it up and start to finish it. That was a lot of info. Thank you for posting it. What about the incident where Carol tells Lindsey something about Stevie and he goes and whispers something in Stevie's ear on the plane and how it made Stevie's eyes buldge out and set her in her place. I wonder what was said. It's bad but the more I read this thread about Carol, the more I just dislike her. I guess it had to feel horrific to stand next to Stevie, watch her being adored by millions and be so talented and all you were was a girlfriend who tagged along to concerts and hung out at Lindsey's house and had no career and was really ugly next to Stevie. Ewwwwww that was so bad, I just had to type it, sorry. I guess she was ok looking. No, really she wasn't at all. Sorry. Next to Stevie, Carol was just gawd awful. Can't help it. I love how Carol likes to mention everytime someone tells her she looked beautiful in the book etc, that made me puke. I have had people tell me I looked great before, but it would never go in my book, even if it was Christ who said it. I guess I have a lot of youtube searching to do tonight. In the end I believe carol's life was miserable during that time due to, just Stevie's energy being around. I wonder how she feels about all the new come backs with Stevie on AHS and how great she looks. I guess no one has any photos of Carol? Also did Stevie or Lindsey ever comment on this book? I hate myself for not being caught up. It would really help if stevie just gave the world what they wanted and wrote a 1000 page book with photos and gave a few snark remarks about Carol. By the way if Lindsey heard that Stevie said she would never let Carol marry him, it probably turned him on and off he went to find her. Finishing the book now
Wow. Just...wow.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also did Stevie or Lindsey ever comment on this book?
They sang "Storms" on tour ("Unleashed" tour) the following year, the first time they ever performed it live.

I thought that was a nice comment.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Deeshere you made me pick it up and start to finish it. That was a lot of info. Thank you for posting it. What about the incident where Carol tells Lindsey something about Stevie and he goes and whispers something in Stevie's ear on the plane and how it made Stevie's eyes buldge out and set her in her place. I wonder what was said. It's bad but the more I read this thread about Carol, the more I just dislike her. I guess it had to feel horrific to stand next to Stevie, watch her being adored by millions and be so talented and all you were was a girlfriend who tagged along to concerts and hung out at Lindsey's house and had no career and was really ugly next to Stevie. Ewwwwww that was so bad, I just had to type it, sorry. I guess she was ok looking. No, really she wasn't at all. Sorry. Next to Stevie, Carol was just gawd awful. Can't help it. I love how Carol likes to mention everytime someone tells her she looked beautiful in the book etc, that made me puke. I have had people tell me I looked great before, but it would never go in my book, even if it was Christ who said it. I guess I have a lot of youtube searching to do tonight. In the end I believe carol's life was miserable during that time due to, just Stevie's energy being around.
You know we had a thread here about the plastic surgery documentary that Carol was in. It was posted on youtube. I think you would like to see it very much.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's another little tidbit from the book...the kitten's name was Monty Clift, because that was Lindsey's favorite actor.
Oh, I'd completely forgotten that info. Nice. My favorite Montgomery Cliff movie is The Heiress. After manipulating a plain jane, she turns the table on him and it ends with him pounding on her door futilely. I just love it.

I wonder what Lindsey's favorite movie of his is.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Now, yum.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I'd completely forgotten that info. Nice. My favorite Montgomery Cliff movie is The Heiress. After manipulating a plain jane, she turns the table on him and it ends with him pounding on her door futilely. I just love it.

I wonder what Lindsey's favorite movie of his is.

Michele
Maybe Raintree County. You know how Lindsey's face has two very distinct profiles (both hot, but very different)? Monty got in that horrible car wreck in the middle of filming Raintree, and you can see which scenes were filmed before, and which were after. The wreck disfigured his face, leaving one side gorgeous, and the other disfigured.

I think Linds even looks like pre-accident, Montgomery Clift sometimes, especially in some OOTC era photos.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Ledgie

Oh my GAWD!!!!!! A youtube about Carol's plastic surgery. I just got so excited. It's very bad to be happy and excited to watch someone's misery and to make fun of someone but in this case I will allow myself to be a bitch and enjoy it. It's Stevie so I can't help it. Karma will get me so its ok. I just re-read the paragraph about the music award show. Carol said, John and Mick RACED to Lindsey across the stage and helped him. Thanks to yall I saw the real footage. She just lied.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
They sang "Storms" on tour ("Unleashed" tour) the following year, the first time they ever performed it live.

I thought that was a nice comment.
Hahahaha, that was pretty good
Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh my GAWD!!!!!! A youtube about Carol's plastic surgery. I just got so excited. It's very bad to be happy and excited to watch someone's misery and to make fun of someone but in this case I will allow myself to be a bitch and enjoy it. It's Stevie so I can't help it. Karma will get me so its ok. I just re-read the paragraph about the music award show. Carol said, John and Mick RACED to Lindsey across the stage and helped him. Thanks to yall I saw the real footage. She just lied.
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg8hNCZa5_8
Old 11-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not to pick on you, because, I actually hear that a lot, that Stevie said Lindsey choked her. I don't follow Stevie, obviously, but I don't recall ever hearing her say that. I recall her saying when Lindsey said he was quitting the band, that she became angry, and that she could be scary, herself (or something to that effect), and that she lunged at Lindsey, which made him mad, and he went after her, chasing her through Chris's house, and throwing her on the car hood. I also recall John saying there was a big fight or argument, and making a choking motion with his hands. He didn't say who was choking whom. A lot of people assume it was Lindsey choking Stevie, but do we know that for a fact? If she really said that, could someone please share the source. It's also worth noting that John was (reportedly) violent and scary when he drank, as well. Didn't Chris say she and Stevie hid in closets or something when the guys were roaming around , yelling for them? Yet Lindsey is the only one who gets the bad reputation, making it a lot easier for Ken Cailliat to write about him in his book, and have people believe him. It may very well be true, but I don't take it as gospel just because Ken said it. Personally, I believe (though I don't actually know) that Lindsey was violent back then. I also think they were all screwed up and the that drugs and alcohol played a big part in it. Carol is the only one of Lindsey's girlfriends to claim Lindsey was violent. Anne Heche, Cheri Caspari, Kristen...nobody else had anything but good things to say about him, so I tend to think that it was only in those earlier years, from Rumours and Tusk era. Again, correct me, if I missed something that Stevie said. I know she said she couldn't handle the darkness or something, but that could have been depression, it could have been his anger or scariness, but not necessarily a specific act of abuse. Again, they were all a bit out of control at that time. So many times, the topic, no matter how benign, on here,seems to comes back to Lindsey hit Stevie, or Lindsey was abusive with Stevie, and yet we don't actually know that, right?
I don't feel picked on at all if I'm wrong you have every right to say so. I haven't had time to go back and re-read the articles, but I do think I made an assumption that Lindsey was choking Stevie based on the fact that he had been accused of it by Carol and Ken, and Stevie said she thought Lindsey was going to kill her during their fight, but I don't think Stevie actually said Lindsey choked her so I do think I was wrong about that.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carol said, John and Mick RACED to Lindsey across the stage and helped him.
Wow. That gets me excited. I wish that had happened.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you for real? Or are you just trying to jerk our chains?