The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To anybody that has read the book... does CAH specify exactly when they entered into the relationship for real, and does she at one point even allude to Lindsey being unfaithful to her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
it seems like she is trying to portray herself as his greatest love ever and Stevie as really nothing that special.
That's why I am asking. Because to their own admission, stuff kept going even after they had 'broken up', for quite some time. Stevie talks about them maybe finally being over in a journal entry dated August 1977, saying 'it's sad to see good love go bad'. Then there's the infamous Rolling Stone photoshoot that took place at the beginning of 1977, where they apparantly spent some time in that bed making out. Or Stevie saying that even during the recording of Rumours they were enough together that he would still come up to her condo and sleep with her. And let's not forget Lindsey's songs on Tusk. Then there's the Mirage era, where all the bitterness seemed gone for a while and a few reports came in about them at least 'shagging up'. And both of their admissions regarding the 1987 departure, how Stevie said that was really the end of Stevie and Lindsey and Lindsey saying part of the reason he had to leave was because he still hadn't managed to get closure regarding Stevie.

I mean, it's all nice and sweet, Carol Ann, but there are so many things contradicting what you are claiming.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and since somebody brought up the Sara/Beverlee conversations, let's not forget how they talked about Stevie's jealous streak when they brought up that apparantly Lindsey and Beverlee hooked up at some point also.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
i did think the part about lindsey throwing up on dick clark's carpet on the night of the ama awards was kind of funny. it sounds like a crazy kind of life. i probably will read the entire book (but with a grain of salt).
BUCKINGHAM'S EX REVEALS FLEETWOOD MAC SECRETS
pr-inside.com

FLEETWOOD MAC guitarist LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM was once rushed from the stage of a televised music awards ceremony because he was too drunk, according to his ex-girlfriend.

Carol Ann Harris reveals in her book, Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac, how Buckingham would indulge in cocaine and beer during the height of the band's fame in the 1970s.

She claims Buckingham was removed from the stage of the 1978 American Music Awards after collecting the band's Album of the Year award because he was too drunk.

According to Harris, his bandmates found him backstage looking at a puddle of his own "disgusting biohazard" vomit.

She also claims Buckingham heckled country great Kenny Rogers at the Grammy Awards and poked fun at his make-up.

Harris writes, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man."
Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
^^ That just cracks me up. I can totally see Stevie doing that. She wanted to be the bitch that got the house on the Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
And we all know THAT is a bunch of BS!! Message to CA - watch LB's VH1 Behind the Music at a minimum, prior to writing a book about him, lol!
*gigglesnort* Amen!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think the argument that Harris is entitled to write this seeing as Lindsey spoke about her in songs is really valid. Your average listener isn't going to know who he's talking about [probably more likely to assume he's talking about a fictional character that fits the song] and even the fans like us don't know for a fact that he's referring to person X in specific song Y, and so we can't make assumptions about them.

Poetry and lyrics are completely different to a kiss-and-tell book [which this basically is] because they're linked with suggestion, not explicit detail and fact, no matter how scathing or "nasty" they are *coughCome*.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
excerpt from Storms: My Life With Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac by Carol Ann Harris, 2007:
Apart from this being appallingly bad writing (!) it's obvious Harris has her own agenda here. There's no need to tell a story like this in such a ridiculously dramatic and sensational tone; this is just blatant "sexing up" of the story to make the account spicier for readers, not the genuine emotinal response it tries [and fails] to pretend to be. Not to mention focussing on how favourably it portrays her.

Trash.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
She claims Buckingham was removed from the stage of the 1978 American Music Awards after collecting the band's Album of the Year award because he was too drunk.

Drunk? Naaaaaah.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down one word...

nauseating.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Everytime I read about the projectile vomit, I think of Kermit the vomiting frog from Conan O'Brien's show.

I have to admit, I'm really curious about this book. I gave in and bought it. I can't help myself.

I will, of course, read it with the biggest grain of salt on record.

Besides, I'm going to be taking some comedy sketch writing courses next month. This could be good fodder for some comedic scenarios.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhb View Post
Hello all. I am new to this list-- a pretty big fan of Buckingham's music, decent fan of Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I was sent a copy of Storms to review for a website--

One interesting note, which may or may not affect her credibility-- in the advance copy of the book, at the end of the scene at Claptons where they're playing darts (p. 70), there's another line where Harris says "You'll shoot your eye out" and makes a reference to the movie A Christmas Story. Of course, a fact checker must have caught that it was impossible, as the movie didn't exist at the time! She also refers to Buckingham being in the Save Me video, which she designed costumes for-- but of course that was a couple years after he left the band.

Cheers-
Welcome to the Ledge!! jhb!!

I enjoyed reading your comments. Is the website review of yours still on line? If so, would you mind sharing the link? I am always interested in a different perspective. Or you could send me a Private Message to the link...

I don't know what's true or not true in this book. I did get the pre-order from Amazon. I will say that the book isn't well written (IMO) but then again I am an old high school English teacher ...

Maybe writing the book was closure/therapy for her? I found the foreward to be interesting... Why were these people encouraging and supporting her in this endeavor?

The pictures are a disappointment and the writing is "too on the martyr side" for me. I haven't finished the book yet so this is just an opinion from someone who is only 1/4 of the way through the book. Maybe I'll change my mind.

See You Around the Ledge jhb!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Did she really refer to LB as "my man"? Gag me with a spoon then.

So he puked on Dick Clark's carpet. President Bush Sr. puked in the Prime Minister of Japan's lap at a formal dinner back in the day. Bush's spin doctors blamed it on the sleeping pill Halcion. Ludes, Halcion "all the same, Rhiannon."

As for being drunk: Did anyone catch John Stamos down-under last week on some Aussie talk show, or Danny DiVito on the View or Davie Hasselhoff being taped by his daughter a month before some lame-brain judge gave him full custody of said daughter? These stars are all over 40 and none of them rockers-especially DeVito. When Lindsey was stumbling around the stages of the world, he was a rock god in his late twenties/early thirties. He certainly was no match for Keith Richards or Ozzie O.

As for physical abuse, read Sharon Osborne's autobiography. Ozzie got so wasted one time that he literally tired to strangle her to death and he actually ended up in jail for a brief time over the incident. So if Lindsey assaulted CA, she should have done what Sharon did, and have his but thrown in jail. Did she? I doubt it. Then who would pay for her life-style.

One poster said CA gave up a career for him. What career? She was a high school graduate working in a recording studio with her then boyfriend; correct me if I read wrong. Which in the real world meant he (the boyfriend) was the one with the recording studio job and she hung out there with him hoping to hitch her wagon to a star. As for LB asking for her advise about his music-hog wash. Why would he ask CA when he had 4 other gifted musicians in the band to go to. And, if he's the control freak everyone seems to claim that he is, then I seriously doubt that he would ask some high school graduate from Oklahoma-who has written how many songs:answer none-for an opinion.

I refuse to spend a penny on the book and thereby line her ungrateful pockets with my hard earned money. By next year at this time you'll be able to get this piece of trash for $5. The cover is a hoot unto itself. Someone point her out in the picture please. Oh, that's right you can't simply because she was not in the band. She's getting her thirty pieces of silver and her 15 minutes of fame at the same time at Lindsey's and FWM's expense.

To quote an old Stones album liner note-"Behind the buttons, behind the dirt, you know at times, you're often hurt." That's what happens when your a star people use you in oh so many ways.

CarolC

Last edited by carol7lynn; 07-02-2007 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: grammatical error
Old 07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The cover is a hoot unto itself. Someone point her out in the picture please.
Do you really want me to?

Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Do you really want me to?

There is really no need, is there?

BTW....why is ever God Damned chapter named after a Stevie song or a Stevie lyric??

I notice that CA constantly feels the need to recount little conversations where Lindsey calls her "My Angel". In the four chapters I have read so far, she must have made that point ten times already.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
There is really no need, is there?

BTW....why is ever God Damned chapter named after a Stevie song or a Stevie lyric??

I notice that CA constantly feels the need to recount little conversations where Lindsey calls her "My Angel". In the four chapters I have read so far, she must have made that point ten times already.

No **** man. Finally somebody feelin me!

Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
One poster said CA gave up a career for him. What career? She was a high school graduate working in a recording studio with her then boyfriend; correct me if I read wrong. Which in the real world meant he (the boyfriend) was the one with the recording studio job and she hung out there with him hoping to hitch her wagon to a star. As for LB asking for her advise about his music-hog wash. Why would he ask CA when he had 4 other gifted musicians in the band to go to. And, if he's the control freak everyone seems to claim that he is, then I seriously doubt that he would ask some high school graduate from Oklahoma-who has written how many songs:answer none-for an opinion.

CarolC
Don't be knockin' the Oklahoma high school graduates working at studios. (There are some of us still out there.) Back in the day, that was how you got 'in' the business. You hung around the studio as either the gofer or receptionist. Now, it's kind of important that you get a college degree.

And it's not unheard of for an artist to ask an outsider their opinion on an album, especially if he has an ulterior motive. (Like getting into her pants.) I might as well be a receptionist at the studio I'm interning at because, for all most people know, I'm the girl who sits at the desk and answers the phone. I've been asked what I think of whatever's being worked on in the studio at that moment, and I'm really a nobody without a song credit to my name.

I'm not validating what she said in her book but it's not totally unheard of....

Twitter me

Last edited by snicksfan85; 07-03-2007 at 10:58 AM..