Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac 2013 Press

In an effort to keep the boards cleaned up, I figured we could have a running thread regarding press for the 2013 Tour since much of it is likely to be the same info rehashed over and over. If and when Mick and John start talking I'll update it to Fleetwood Mac 2013 Press rather than just Stevie and Lindsey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The friction between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham that went public with 1977's Rumours has yet to cool.

"We are a cast of characters who never really belonged in the same band in the first place," says Buckingham, 63. "But the synergy works, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the mines lie in the field this time. It wouldn't be a band without that tension. All the same things kick in. I know what I'm supposed to do. I know whose face to get in to make things happen. All those roles are so familiar. I'm ready to pick up the dice and roll again."

Rumours was recorded during the breakups of the band's two couples, Nicks and Buckingham and John and Christine McVie, who left in 1998. The three carried on, along with drummer Mick Fleetwood, and will launch an arena tour April 4. Nicks and Buckingham are considering a 40th anniversary reissue of their storied Buckingham Nicks album next year, with a newly unearthed, previously unreleased track from the sessions.

TOUR DATES: Fleetwood Mac to hit the road April 4

Nicks, the most commercially successful Mac spinoff, finished a two-year tour supporting her lauded In Your Dreams, co-written and co-produced in her home with Dave Stewart. Since last year's release of Seeds We Sow, Buckingham has been touring with his band and in solo acoustic mode.

It was a confidence booster that improved his singing, he says. He's aware Nicks is returning with greater spunk after her winning streak, which could set the stage for a clash.

Her solo outing "renewed Stevie's spirit," he says. "I'm happy she had a couple of great years. If it means a more complex political landscape, so be it."

Buckingham's solo foray "has been good for him," says Nicks, 64. "Playing (one-man shows) can't help but give you a certain compassionate softness. It's very different from Fleetwood Mac."

And while she declares the Dreams project with Stewart "the best year of my life," Nicks is eager to return to Mac and determined to establish harmony.

"I'm going to be very clear about what I want," she says. "What I want is for this band to get along and have a great time. So I'm demanding that. We are going to have a great collaborative working relationship. We're always great on stage. I don't say that from a conceited place. We've been playing since 1975. We know what we're doing up there."

Buckingham can't argue with that.

"The important thing is for us not to let the politics or landmines get in the way of us having a good time, especially for Stevie and me," he says. "There's been a subtext of competition and animosity, which is the flip side of love, for a long time. I think it's driven both of us. Now is an appropriate time for us to acknowledge the context of our relationship and see what's left for us to do. If this is the beginning of the last act, let's wind up in a place that dignifies what we started."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...rview/1730393/
----------------------------------------------------------

Hungry for a big Mac splurge? After a three-year absence, Fleetwood Mac embarks on a 34-city North American tour starting April 4 in Columbus, Ohio. Tickets for the first run of shows go on sale Dec. 14 at LiveNation.com.

The band, founded in 1967, is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its trailblazing Rumours, which sold 40 million copies worldwide, held Billboard's No. 1 spot for 31 weeks and spawned top 10 hits Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way and You Make Loving Fun.

Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, who joined in 1975, and namesakes Mick Fleetwood and John McVie last toured in 2009 and haven't released a studio album since 2003's Say You Will.

INTERVIEW: Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham

Yet new tunes may be shoehorned into a set list packed with classics.

"There were some tracks John, Mick and I cut with Stevie in mind while she was on the road," Buckingham says. "It's the most Fleetwood Mac-sounding stuff I've heard in a long time. We've been talking about releasing an EP, but I don't know how these moving parts will fit together yet."

In light of the band's deep catalog, the singer/guitarist isn't concerned about a second consecutive tour without a studio album.

"We'd be OK for one more round," he says. "People do want to hear that body of work and be transported to a certain time. The older you get and the longer the band has been around, you come to terms with the fact that no one's particularly interested in hearing anything too new. It's about what you do with what you've got."

Nicks envisions performing hits, rarities and maybe a couple of migrants, particularly the war-themed Soldier's Angel, a duet with Buckingham from her 2011 solo album, In Your Dreams.

"It's become a standard in my set, and I get a standing ovation every night," Nicks says. "Fans might like seeing Lindsey and I sing it. And it gives me a chance to ask people to help veterans who are so young and so messed up. I turn into an eighth-grade teacher."

Opting to extend her solo tour, Nicks was a holdout when the band wanted to hit the road early this year.

"I had to put my foot down and say, 'I'm not touring with you in 2012,' and it wasn't a very popular idea," she says. "I always think it's good for Fleetwood Mac to be away for three years. Two years is like, well, 'I just saw you.' My feeling was, let 2013 be the year of Fleetwood Mac and make it an exciting event."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-tour/1730379/

---------------------------------------------------------------

After months of reunion rumors, Fleetwood Mac announced Tuesday that they'll return to the road next spring for an extensive tour that will take them all over the globe. The trek will kick off in Columbus, Ohio on April 4th; tickets go on sale December 14th.

"It's the perfect time to go back out," Stevie Nicks tells Rolling Stone. "2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac."

As was the case with their 2010 tour, the band is hitting the road without a new album to support. The set list will be built around Fleetwood Mac's large catalog of hits. "We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs," says Lindsey Buckingham. "When you've gone through all your must-do's, that's 75% of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we'll play more songs from Tusk. I'd also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that's just me and Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be."

From the Archives: The True Life Confessions of Fleetwood Mac

The band begins rehearsals on February 15th, and at that point they'll hash out exactly what songs they're going to play. "We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play," says Nicks. "I had a really good time working with him for four days at his house. I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and really connect with him again. We’re pretty proud of what we have done, and we’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger."

Only American dates are announced, but the group is planning on touring the whole world. "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer," says Nicks. "Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia."

Check in later this week for a detailed Q&A with Nicks and Buckingham where they discuss the upcoming tour, their failed attempt to record a new Fleetwood Mac album, the possibility of reforming their old duo Buckingham-Nicks and the many tensions that linger in their long relationship.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2E2JnMgwf
---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Rolling Stoen article added
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rolling Stone just tweeted an article to check back later in the week for full interviews about "the failure tO record a new Fleetwood Mac album."

Ughhhhhh
Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like we're getting Soldier's Angel. Bring back the mmm's!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I know what I'm supposed to do. I know whose face to get in to make things happen."
Cue "Dancing" and "Stephanie."
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
^^ hehe

Aw I love these interviews. They are so dysfunctionally adorable!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New from Rolling Stone:

After months of reunion rumors, Fleetwood Mac announced Tuesday that they'll return to the road next spring for an extensive tour that will take them all over the globe. The trek will kick off in Columbus, Ohio on April 4th; tickets go on sale December 14th.

"It's the perfect time to go back out," Stevie Nicks tells Rolling Stone. "2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac."

As was the case with their 2010 tour, the band is hitting the road without a new album to support. The set list will be built around Fleetwood Mac's large catalog of hits. "We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs," says Lindsey Buckingham. "When you've gone through all your must-do's, that's 75% of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25%, there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we'll play more songs from Tusk. I'd also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that's just me and Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be."

The band begins rehearsals on February 15th, and at that point they'll hash out exactly what songs they're going to play. "We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play," says Nicks. "I had a really good time working with him for four days at his house. I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and really connect with him again. We’re pretty proud of what we have done, and we’re looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger."

Only American dates are announced, but the group is planning on touring the whole world. "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer," says Nicks. "Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia."

Check in later this week for a detailed Q&A with Nicks and Buckingham where they discuss the upcoming tour, their failed attempt to record a new Fleetwood Mac album, the possibility of reforming their old duo Buckingham-Nicks and the many tensions that linger in their long relationshi
p.

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-03-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So right on..we called that didn't we?!

The subtlety never ends..and I'm drawn in every time!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The "standing ovations" for that unmentionable dirge need to stop forthwith! If that doesn't get the message across, then resorting to heckling may be the only option available...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The "standing ovations" for that unmentionable dirge need to stop forthwith! If that doesn't get the message across, then resorting to heckling may be the only option available...
I love Soldier's Angel. Possibly my favorite song from IYD.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love the song too, but when she said she gets standing ovations every night for it, I was like: .

Not to say she hasn't gotten them, for SA, but every night??

In Your Dreams.

Michele
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Have you heard it live? I can't explain why, but I enjoy it so much more in a concert setting.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol. yeah.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The friction between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham that went public with 1977's Rumours has yet to cool.

"We are a cast of characters who never really belonged in the same band in the first place," says Buckingham, 63. "But the synergy works, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the mines lie in the field this time. It wouldn't be a band without that tension. All the same things kick in. I know what I'm supposed to do. I know whose face to get in to make things happen. All those roles are so familiar. I'm ready to pick up the dice and roll again."

Rumours was recorded during the breakups of the band's two couples, Nicks and Buckingham and John and Christine McVie, who left in 1998. The three carried on, along with drummer Mick Fleetwood, and will launch an arena tour April 4. Nicks and Buckingham are considering a 40th anniversary reissue of their storied Buckingham Nicks album next year, with a newly unearthed, previously unreleased track from the sessions.

TOUR DATES: Fleetwood Mac to hit the road April 4

Nicks, the most commercially successful Mac spinoff, finished a two-year tour supporting her lauded In Your Dreams, co-written and co-produced in her home with Dave Stewart. Since last year's release of Seeds We Sow, Buckingham has been touring with his band and in solo acoustic mode.

It was a confidence booster that improved his singing, he says. He's aware Nicks is returning with greater spunk after her winning streak, which could set the stage for a clash.

Her solo outing "renewed Stevie's spirit," he says. "I'm happy she had a couple of great years. If it means a more complex political landscape, so be it."

Buckingham's solo foray "has been good for him," says Nicks, 64. "Playing (one-man shows) can't help but give you a certain compassionate softness. It's very different from Fleetwood Mac."

And while she declares the Dreams project with Stewart "the best year of my life," Nicks is eager to return to Mac and determined to establish harmony.

"I'm going to be very clear about what I want," she says. "What I want is for this band to get along and have a great time. So I'm demanding that. We are going to have a great collaborative working relationship. We're always great on stage. I don't say that from a conceited place. We've been playing since 1975. We know what we're doing up there."

Buckingham can't argue with that.

"The important thing is for us not to let the politics or landmines get in the way of us having a good time, especially for Stevie and me," he says. "There's been a subtext of competition and animosity, which is the flip side of love, for a long time. I think it's driven both of us. Now is an appropriate time for us to acknowledge the context of our relationship and see what's left for us to do. If this is the beginning of the last act, let's wind up in a place that dignifies what we started."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...rview/1730393/
----------------------------------------------------------

Hungry for a big Mac splurge? After a three-year absence, Fleetwood Mac embarks on a 34-city North American tour starting April 4 in Columbus, Ohio. Tickets for the first run of shows go on sale Dec. 14 at LiveNation.com.

The band, founded in 1967, is celebrating the 35th anniversary of its trailblazing Rumours, which sold 40 million copies worldwide, held Billboard's No. 1 spot for 31 weeks and spawned top 10 hits Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way and You Make Loving Fun.

Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, who joined in 1975, and namesakes Mick Fleetwood and John McVie last toured in 2009 and haven't released a studio album since 2003's Say You Will.

INTERVIEW: Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham

Yet new tunes may be shoehorned into a set list packed with classics.

"There were some tracks John, Mick and I cut with Stevie in mind while she was on the road," Buckingham says. "It's the most Fleetwood Mac-sounding stuff I've heard in a long time. We've been talking about releasing an EP, but I don't know how these moving parts will fit together yet."

In light of the band's deep catalog, the singer/guitarist isn't concerned about a second consecutive tour without a studio album.

"We'd be OK for one more round," he says. "People do want to hear that body of work and be transported to a certain time. The older you get and the longer the band has been around, you come to terms with the fact that no one's particularly interested in hearing anything too new. It's about what you do with what you've got."

Nicks envisions performing hits, rarities and maybe a couple of migrants, particularly the war-themed Soldier's Angel, a duet with Buckingham from her 2011 solo album, In Your Dreams.

"It's become a standard in my set, and I get a standing ovation every night," Nicks says. "Fans might like seeing Lindsey and I sing it. And it gives me a chance to ask people to help veterans who are so young and so messed up. I turn into an eighth-grade teacher."

Opting to extend her solo tour, Nicks was a holdout when the band wanted to hit the road early this year.

"I had to put my foot down and say, 'I'm not touring with you in 2012,' and it wasn't a very popular idea," she says. "I always think it's good for Fleetwood Mac to be away for three years. Two years is like, well, 'I just saw you.' My feeling was, let 2013 be the year of Fleetwood Mac and make it an exciting event."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-tour/1730379/

---------------------------------------------------------------

From the Archives: The True Life Confessions of Fleetwood Mac

Check in later this week for a detailed Q&A with Nicks and Buckingham where they discuss the upcoming tour, their failed attempt to record a new Fleetwood Mac album, the possibility of reforming their old duo Buckingham-Nicks and the many tensions that linger in their long relationship.

---------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Rolling Stone just tweeted an article to check back later in the week for full interviews about "the failure to record a new Fleetwood Mac album."

Ughhhhhh
just had to bump this.... for anybody who doesn't remember. (this was end of 2012)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default ....So it's never about Mick and John being in a good place. They're always in a good

Great interview with Stevie Nicks ----

Favorite part of the interview.

So at this point there isn't any sort of tension or awkwardness. Everyone's all sort of on the same page?

Everybody is very good right now. I spent some time up at Lindsey's house two weeks ago and we worked on some music. Most of the time we just spent talking about our many stories that we have to tell since 1968, really '66 when we first met. So we spent like 80 percent of our time talking and 20 percent of our time working on some music. And it was really great and he's in a really good place. And he and I are in a really good place, so it's never about Mick and John being in a good place. They're always in a good place. They're happy guys. It's always the drama queens, me and Lindsey. So the drama queens have really calmed down and let a little bit of that drama go and tried to walk down the road of how lucky we are. And how lucky we are to still be friends and how lucky we are to still be able to sing great together. And that what we started as Buckingham Nicks in 1971, when we moved to Los Angeles, has brought us all the way to this place. And that we should drop the drama and try to really enjoy this because we worked very hard to get here.

Stevie hit it right on the nail....LOL, gotta love her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...medium=twitter
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Interview Los Angeles Times (Pt 1)

[Lindsey really tried hard to be her? Heaven help me]

By Randall Roberts

Los Angeles Times Pop Music Critic, December 3, 2012, 6:10 p.m.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2403771.story

As long rumored, Fleetwood Mac will hit the road in 2013 with a 34-date American tour that will see the band visit all the major U.S. markets, along with a stop at the Hollywood Bowl on May 25. The dates, which the band announced Monday, will feature co-founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie along with longtime vocalist Stevie Nicks and singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Fleetwood Mac is touring for the first time since 2009. (Christine McVie no longer tours with the band.)

In addition, according to Nicks, Fleetwood Mac has been working on new songs and is hoping to release at least two of them in anticipation of the tour. Nicks and Buckingham spent four days in the latter’s home studio in November, an interaction that hasn’t happened in a decade but whose history stretches over 45 years.

“This band never breaks up,” Nicks said on the phone from her home in Santa Monica. After the ’09 tour concluded, she added, “everybody said, ‘Goodbye, talk to you soon, and this will start happening again when everybody’s done with what we do when a Fleetwood Mac tour ends. We’ll go out and do something else and then we’ll come back and do Fleetwood Mac.' "

Nicks said that the rest of the band wanted to tour last year, but that she’d been so happy with her most recent solo album, “In Your Dreams,” that she wanted to dedicate more time to supporting it. “I sat everybody down and said, ‘Listen, please understand. I’m never going to break this band up. Never. I’m never going to leave you. I’m just going to go away for under a year’ to focus on the record.

“It’s been a little longer than that,” she conceded, but that as the self-described party planner of the Mac tour, she didn’t want to shove Fleetwood Mac down peoples’ throats so soon after ’09. Her commitment, she stressed, is unwavering: “My first loyalty has always been to Fleetwood Mac. And it will always be.”

On the phone, Nicks was chatty, offering unfiltered thoughts on planning the set design, the set list, and the ways in which she prepares to get back into Mac. But she sounded relieved and most enthusiastic about reconnecting with her longtime creative -- and, for a time in the '60s and '70s, romantic -- partner Buckingham to work on new material.

That process started when bassist McVie, drummer Fleetwood and Buckingham got together in early 2012 to work on new material. Nicks was unavailable due to the death of her mother. But a couple weeks ago, said Nicks, “I went up to Lindsey’s house, he played me all of the songs, and we chose two. He said, ‘I really tried hard to be you, to really see through your eyes when we were doing these songs, and make these songs that you would really like, and that you would really relate to.’ ”

Whether the new material ends up in the set is to be determined.

Of course, the 2013 tour will mostly focus on the dozens of classics that the band has created over the years, the volume of which dictates that any set list be partially written even before the conversations begin. The rest, says Nicks, they'll work out in rehearsal.

Fleetwood Mac’s 2013 tour begins April 4 in Columbus, Ohio, hits New York City on April 8 for Madison Square Garden and moves westward from there. The full tour schedule is below. Pop & Hiss will have more of Nicks' conversation on Tuesday.

April 4, 2013, Columbus, Ohio, Nationwide Arena

April 6, 2013, Philadelphia, Wells Fargo Center

April 8, 2013, New York, Madison Square Garden

April 9, 2013, Washington, D.C., Verizon Center

April 11, 2013, Louisville, Ky., KFC Yum! Center

April 13, 2013, Chicago, United Center

April 16, 2013, Toronto, the Air Canada Centre

April 18, 2013, Boston, TD Garden

April 20, 2013, Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun Arena

April 23, 2013, Ottawa, Canada, Scotiabank Place