The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oh, Mr. Roberts...what will you think of next...

Can't say i'm too surprised by this....maybe now instead of having her own horrendous show on Comcast (Yankees will know what i'm talking about), his wife will be a ride at Disney World. Krikey.

Comcast Makes Unsolicited Bid For Disney
Old 02-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say go for it. Anything to get Eisner out of there, he's run Disney into the ground.

Old 02-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Disney is worth more than $54 billion. For crying out loud, they own part of Florida...they own 10 TV stations, 4 theme parks, Touchstone, Miramax and like, two other movie studios. This will definately be interesting....
Old 02-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Disney is worth more than $54 billion. For crying out loud, they own part of Florida...they own 10 TV stations, 4 theme parks, Touchstone, Miramax and like, two other movie studios. This will definately be interesting....
Not so fast.

Disney stock has been falling for years now, with most of the blame falling on Eisner's shoulders. That's why Roy Disney quit and took out a full page ad in Variety, demanding Eisner's resignation. They made the offer because they know the company is vulnerable right now and Eisner will probably take the bait. And form what I hear, Eisner is seriously thinking of selling. And attendance at the theme parks have fallen this past year, too.

Plus, the haven't made a hit animation in years (with the one exception of Finding Nemo). Treaure Planet, Brother Bear, Atlantis, the list goes on of flops.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Not so fast.

Disney stock has been falling for years now, with most of the blame falling on Eisner's shoulders. That's why Roy Disney quit and took out a full page ad in Variety, demanding Eisner's resignation. They made the offer because they know the company is vulnerable right now and Eisner will probably take the bait. And form what I hear, Eisner is seriously thinking of selling. And attendance at the theme parks have fallen this past year, too.

Plus, the haven't made a hit animation in years (with the one exception of Finding Nemo). Treaure Planet, Brother Bear, Atlantis, the list goes on of flops.
Comcast certainly saw a good thing. Eisner wasn't too stoked with the offer but ironically, the shareholders are. If this happens, Comcast will take on a $12 billion dollar debt. BUT, I think they'll have to offer more than $66 billion....
Old 02-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Comcast certainly saw a good thing. Eisner wasn't too stoked with the offer but ironically, the shareholders are. If this happens, Comcast will take on a $12 billion dollar debt. BUT, I think they'll have to offer more than $66 billion....
I don't think so. I think they have it in the bag. Disney is as good as theirs right now.

Old 02-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, looks like my cable bill will be going up again.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Well, looks like my cable bill will be going up again.
They did a whole piece on it yesterday on my local news.... the 21,000,000 comcast users should not be effected by this.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
They did a whole piece on it yesterday on my local news.... the 21,000,000 comcast users should not be effected by this.
They say that now. I'm sure they'll find a way to boost rates. We already pay a freaking fortune to them every month.

And OMG, if this happens, it's gonna be "Seeking Solutions With Suzanne - THE MUSICAL!" or he's gonna make the Mighty Ducks the "Mighty Suzannes" or something like that.

Holy freaking hell I hate that woman. And her suck ass show. She needs to go crawl in a hole and not come out.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ali
They say that now. I'm sure they'll find a way to boost rates. We already pay a freaking fortune to them every month.

And OMG, if this happens, it's gonna be "Seeking Solutions With Suzanne - THE MUSICAL!" or he's gonna make the Mighty Ducks the "Mighty Suzannes" or something like that.

Holy freaking hell I hate that woman. And her suck ass show. She needs to go crawl in a hole and not come out.
She and Lynn Doyle. Two women married to the right men. Can I just tell you that she carried her Emmy around with her??

If there's a SEEKING SOLUTIONS WITH SUZANNE---THE MUSICAL! You and I might have to go and crack some skulls....we probably wouldn't even need to...no one that worked there liked her so they'd do it. This, of course, would mean that she'd be on nationwide. I would just feel bad for the others who have yet to experience a Seeking Solutions episode...the US doesn't need that...lol

I still think the only reason why that station gets any ratings at all is because the box top is set to turn on channel 8 when you turn your cable on. So, old people with no family turn it on...and then they die...so they get ratings

Last edited by GardenStateGirlie; 02-12-2004 at 08:59 PM..
Old 02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was *soooooooo* tempted to write a message on www.suzanne.tv saying "Your show sucks. Everyone I know in your target demographic hates it and laughs at it. She only has the show cause she's married to Ralphie. Suzanne is a decrepit freak of nature."
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ali
I was *soooooooo* tempted to write a message on www.suzanne.tv saying "Your show sucks. Everyone I know in your target demographic hates it and laughs at it. She only has the show cause she's married to Ralphie. Suzanne is a decrepit freak of nature."
Her mouth does weird things when she talks.

She hasn't seeked a solution for her looks, has she?