Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FLEETWOOD MAC fans for KERRY

Aside from picking up fresh copies of remastered Tusk cd's and getting the best seats we can for the upcoming outdoor summer tour, the other great thing most of us will get a chance to do is vote in a primary. And all of us (U.S. fans) will get to vote in November.

In Iowa and New Hampshire a record number of voters turned out to vote this year. The November election is predicted to be one of the biggest turnouts in U.S. history. Many feel it is because of an uprising against the Bush administration.
Please join Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and show your support for the Democrats on your state's primary day.

It's been a long hard ride the past 3 years and I think we've all had enough. Let's work together and rid our great country of this pathetic abysmal president.

I'm supporting John Kerry and hope you'll give him some serious consideration as well. I think he will beat George W. Bush with a powerful mandate in November.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: FLEETWOOD MAC fans for KERRY

Quote:
Originally posted by dontlookdown
Aside from picking up fresh copies of remastered Tusk cd's and getting the best seats we can for the upcoming outdoor summer tour, the other great thing most of us will get a chance to do is vote in a primary. And all of us (U.S. fans) will get to vote in November.

In Iowa and New Hampshire a record number of voters turned out to vote this year. The November election is predicted to be one of the biggest turnouts in U.S. history. Many feel it is because of an uprising against the Bush administration.
Please join Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and show your support for the Democrats on your state's primary day.

It's been a long hard ride the past 3 years and I think we've all had enough. Let's work together and rid our great country of this pathetic abysmal president.

I'm supporting John Kerry and hope you'll give him some serious consideration as well. I think he will beat George W. Bush with a powerful mandate in November.
I will be supporting the Democratic nominee for president.

I am thrilled to hear that Lindsey and Stevie are supporting the Democrats as well.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:58 PM

Hmmm.... I'd like to see some official statement from the band to show they are supporting Kerry. Otherwise this is just hearsay.

I will not vote for Kerry in my primary because

--He voted for the Iraq resolution
--He voted for No Child Left Behind
--He voted for the Patriot Act

While voters in Iowa and New Hampshire who were against the war somehow were able to compartmentalize this, this voter isn't.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kerry has had my support since he ran for Senate and I've been supporting him since he decided to campaign for president, but where did you hear that Stevie and Lindsey endorsed him? I can imagine Lindsey endorsing him, but not Stevie (even though she seems to be a lefty).

Was it in the news?

Old 01-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with Chris-- I will be supporting whomever the Democrats nominate. But I'm also with Carne in that I'd like to see where you found the info that the band is supporting Kerry specifically. Otherwise, maybe this belongs on the Chit Chat board?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I looked on several news sites and the only endorsements from musicians that I found were from Carole King and Tom Petty.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm totally for Kerry in this election, but I can't vote for another several years so I'll be cheering along anyways.

Shamus
Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Ledgie

Location: where FM, blink-182, norah jones, the shins, white stripes & cursive hang out!

Quote:

?

la nicks is apolitical
Old 01-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry Remasters of Tusk and rumours and the the upcoming Concert tour, Outwigh the stupid primarys and elections by a umm "Landslide" Anyways I'm with Stevie in being apolitical and not caring. I guess I'm leaning tords Bush only because he's our current President and why change leaders in the middle of trying to hunt down terrorists. And this should be in the CHOT CHAT forum.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you can't be one half of a duo with Lindsey Buckingham and be apolitical.
you can't be a close friend of Sheryl Crow and Tom Petty and Don Henley and be apolitical.

Stevie mentioned publically last year that Fleetwood Mac isn't a political band for fear of getting Dixie Chicked.

You know that when she walked out on that stage for Bill Clinton in 92 and then played for him again before he left the White House that there's not an apolitical bone in her body.

her wild heart has always been in the right place - comfortably on the left - hugging the shore of the Palisades in southern California

John Kerry's voting record should always be noted. But remember, he has the skills to debate Bush into the fetal position any day of the week. He served this country in the military. Bush went AWOL in 73 and then went on to be a closeted cocaine addict.
Let's vote for electibility and be sure that our bigoted racist misogynist president is out the door in January.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok - one more mention and then I'll stick to the music.

my family lost 4 friends in the World Trade Center attacks - including someone I went to high school with.

the way the Bush Administration has attempted to co-opt this tragedy is sickening. The families that I know - those four - are disgusted with him and how he used their own tragedies for his political gain. They feel betrayed. They are all conservative families. Even if I was a Republican, I would never vote for Bush for that reason alone. New Yorkers are disgusted with him - he has never had an inkling of respect for that city until he saw it as a means to propell his platformless agenda into the limelight. What a coward and what a fraud. The man is a despicable alcoholic power monger. He deserves to spend the rest of his days in Crawford Texas.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

personally, I will not vote for the President based on the recommendations of my two favorite musicians regardless of whether they pubically or privately endorse a candidate.

It's my right to vote, so I will think and choose based on my own personal beliefs and needs...Stevie and Lindsey have their own hands to pull the lever in November.

Please Do Not Vote For Your President or any other elected official based on any other person's opinion without using your own brain first....

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64
Old 01-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you can't be one half of a duo with Lindsey Buckingham and be apolitical.
you can't be a close friend of Sheryl Crow and Tom Petty and Don Henley and be apolitical.

Stevie mentioned publically last year that Fleetwood Mac isn't a political band for fear of getting Dixie Chicked.

You know that when she walked out on that stage for Bill Clinton in 92 and then played for him again before he left the White House that there's not an apolitical bone in her body.

her wild heart has always been in the right place - comfortably on the left - hugging the shore of the Palisades in southern California

John Kerry's voting record should always be noted. But remember, he has the skills to debate Bush into the fetal position any day of the week. He served this country in the military. Bush went AWOL in 73 and then went on to be a closeted cocaine addict.
Let's vote for electibility and be sure that our bigoted racist misogynist president is out the door in January.
But Stevie in a friendly way dissed Clinton by calling him too young on Letterman in 1994. I think she wisely never comments on politics and sticks to the music. Personally, I wish more people did I mean who cares what Toby Keith or Babs has to say. I certainly do not, esp. when they are no more or less qualified than I am to make that opinion.

BTW - this topic and just about every other political topic you can imagine are raging on the Chit Chat board. Jump right in as you and Dissention apparently think alike and I am currently and as usual defeating Dissention with my stunning acumen (Note: I am just joking Dissention)

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-28-2004 at 04:15 PM..
Old 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: FLEETWOOD MAC fans for KERRY

Quote:

No Thanks.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 01-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
I guess I'm leaning tords Bush only because he's our current President and why change leaders in the middle of trying to hunt down terrorists.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yikes... that line of thinking is kind of scary.
The man has been ineffectual (or worse) in all other areas of his presidency, so I don't think his "War On Terrorism" should be the deciding factor on voting for him.

As it is, the only "terrorist" he's managed to capture is one who wasn't even a pressing threat to our country. While the true threat is still free, and his cronies are still making plans to terrorize the USA. Coming up on three years since 9/11.

And don't get me started on things like the "Defense of Marriage Act" where he's trying to tell the people of this country how to live their lives (when we all know what a morally upstanding person he's been).

At any rate, this does belong on the Chit-Chat Forum.
I'm not the moderator of this particular forum though, so i can't move it... but from now on, please limit political conversations that only have a tenuous Mac-connection to Chit-Chat.

Thanks!