Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Come

OK, why does Lindsey have to sound like he inhaled helium on this song on the CD? I mean, it's a real rocking song live without the helium sound, so why did he have to record it like he did? For drama? To try to make it stand out somehow or what?

Lee
Old 06-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Come

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
OK, why does Lindsey have to sound like he inhaled helium on this song on the CD? I mean, it's a real rocking song live without the helium sound, so why did he have to record it like he did? For drama? To try to make it stand out somehow or what?
I happen to like the rocky sound of it. I think it adds alot more hardness to the song and still adds in his funny way of (how do you say this) making his songs...funky. I know I am not putting it into word right but I like what he did to it.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-10-2003, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Come

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
I happen to like the rocky sound of it. I think it adds alot more hardness to the song and still adds in his funny way of (how do you say this) making his songs...funky. I know I am not putting it into word right but I like what he did to it.

Tamara
I agree...the voice machine thing is something he's been doing since Tango, he obviously loves it! It basically puts his signature all over the track...some people love it, some hate it....I'm one of the former!

Having said that, some of these live versions I've been hearing also sound absolutely amazing...I love the fact that whoever's playing backing guitar (I assume it's Neale Heywood) is playing the full chords, rather than just "bits of chords" like on the CD.....it gives the song so much more energy and makes it even more dramatic and emotional than it already is!

Old 06-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Come...

Seteca...
Can you tell us how to hear this version?
We are not seeing a concert so it would be
very helpful to us! Lindsey is The Greatest!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default She's aliiive!

Sky!
You're finally back! Watch out Christy, that other Lindsey groupie is back in town!
Sky you can get the Columbus performance of Come from Tracy's website, http://burnish.net. I think the one Seteca is referring to is the one Neil posted on his Lindsey site, but that's down at thte moment I think. I tried uploading my copy to my webspace but it must have been to big or something - now my copy only goes for 4 seconds!!! But when Neil's site comes back online we'll have another chance to get it I'm sure.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 06-11-2003 at 07:50 AM..
Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Sky!
You're finally back! Watch out Christy, that other Lindsey groupie is back in town!
Yes, folks, Sky has made it back to the fold...welcome home girl!! We know how to share our Lindsey, don't we? hehe

Come...yeah, I like that wierd, distorted singing...call me a freak if you must. When he SCREAMS "NOBODY ELSE IS DOIN IT!!!!" I just get chills and mime SCREAMING along with him....LOVE IT!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

I probably shouldn't tell you guys this, but the first time that I listened to "Come", I thought that part of the song was a woman singing! Seriously! I knew that Sheryl Crow had done some backing vocals on the album, and I thought that she was singing it! But then I realized it was Lindsey, as he sounds 'normal' as the voice effect is 'faded' out with the "yeah.... yeeahhh.... yeahhhhh..." at the end.

I absolutely love how his voice sounds on that track... and every track, actually!

Lady Q
Old 06-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

lol Lady Q T - don't worry, I think we've all got Lindsey's voice mixed up with someone else's before. There was a lot of debate with the Gift of Screws demos whether Stevie was on it - but it was just Lindsey making funny voices with his beloved machine.
I don't know who would be less enthused about that parallel - Sheryl or Lindsey!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Come

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I agree...the voice machine thing is something he's been doing since Tango, he obviously loves it! It basically puts his signature all over the track...some people love it, some hate it....I'm one of the former!
I think he uses the voice machine much longer- since Mirage or Law and order. Songs like "September song", "Book of love", "Empire state" and especially the tracks on Go insane... Seems he manipulated the voice on this entire album. I really like the different sounds too. As long as there also is the "real thing" there from time to time... The lucky ones going to the shows finally can hear what he does with the songs live and it seems like he transformes them pretty good on stage too.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Come

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
I think he uses the voice machine much longer- since Mirage or Law and order. Songs like "September song", "Book of love", "Empire state" and especially the tracks on Go insane... Seems he manipulated the voice on this entire album.
I was referring to his FM albums (expecting LB not to use voice distortion on a solo album would be ridiculous...!lol!)...but I haven't listened to Mirage for a REALLY long time...! (Been too busy with a MUCH better album) I'm sure you're right...but I think the first time it came into heavy use was on Tango (most likely because it was originally an LB solo album...just like SYW).

Old 06-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Come...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie
Seteca...
Can you tell us how to hear this version?
We are not seeing a concert so it would be
very helpful to us! Lindsey is The Greatest!!!
Hey Sky,

Good to have you back with us.

I downloaded the Columbus and Pittsburgh live versions of Come from www.burnish.net and www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com respectively.

Old 06-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Come

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I was referring to his FM albums (expecting LB not to use voice distortion on a solo album would be ridiculous...!lol!)...but I haven't listened to Mirage for a REALLY long time...! (Been too busy with a MUCH better album)
Yeah you`re right! Seems we are listening to the same much better album for a couple of weeks
Old 06-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I recommend...

the 5/15/03 Buffalo, NY show for a great live version of "Come".

The Buffalo show was recorded using an ALD which uses the band's monitor mix to broadcast a low frequency FM signal to help fans with hearing impairments to clearly hear a concert.

Btw, This is one funny version of "Come", Seems the band was having "Gremlins" that night...LOL!!!!

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."