The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Christine be joining them this summer?
Yes 53 89.83%
No. 6 10.17%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is a different story....
:P
Old 01-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a very fine line these days between LB solo and The MAC.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they do tour in the summer, I'm afraid it would be the 4 of them. I don't really like that option. Depending on where the shows were, I would go if I could get there, but I wouldn't like it.

Michele
i'm afraid so too, but hoping i am wrong. on the other hand, it would be nice to save my money, for a change, so i'm not completely against the 4 touring.

if we are correct about that 12/30 show being so emotional because it was the last time as the 4, that would speak against them doing it again in the summer. they kept repeating how it's their last show... at almost every opportunity. and then LB dropped that summer bomb at the end, and it was clear he was talking about FM not solo. but we may have gotten a completely wrong impression.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM

But let's not forget Ken's rumour that Christine may join in 2014.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was thinking of that too! When he mentioned it, I dismissed it, but there has been a lot of speculation and encouraging comment from Christine, Lindsey etc since Ken made that comment such that a summer mini-tour (of the US, I assume) is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I do worry that Christine would rediscover the horrors of living out of a suitcase and leave again, but I really hope that wouldn't be the case. She must have had time to put things into perspective with her recent therapy.

I must say that I did not pick up the emotion at the Vegas show being linked to it being their last as a four, and further - frankly - it ought to be a cause for happiness rather than sadness if the Rumours lineup really is reforming again.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that's a good point. maybe she really did talk to him a year ago and told him she decided she wanted back into action. obviously she did not reach the decision that isolated country life was not for her anymore in the last few months, if we listen to anything she said in recent interviews.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I must say that I did not pick up the emotion at the Vegas show being linked to it being their last as a four, and further - frankly - it ought to be a cause for happiness rather than sadness if the Rumours lineup really is reforming again.
yeah, but you were not there... that was just the feeling i had throughout the show. it was really weird. and yeah that's exactly what i was thinking - of the current lineup, why would SN be the one so emotionally attached to the 4 when in all interviews over the last decade she insisted she was the one who wanted Christine back the most?

also, when Mick was introducing Brett, he jazzed it up and made audience do another set of applause for him... which may go along with Brett doing CM parts too over the last decade and it being over now?

so yeah you might be right, it doesn't add up. it didn't to me, but i still had that feeling throughout the show. their repeating at every opportunity how this was the last show added to it too, especially considering that we know now they'll do more in possibly less than 6 months.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

I really hope she returns for this summer tour.
Long time without signals, and now, with her confession, her desire to return playing music with the band, I feel that the time has come of her comeback.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, but you were not there... that was just the feeling i had throughout the show. it was really weird. and yeah that's exactly what i was thinking - of the current lineup, why would SN be the one so emotionally attached to the 4 when in all interviews over the last decade she insisted she was the one who wanted Christine back the most?
Stevie is emotional at the end of every tour, whether FM or solo. Plus, Lindsey laid some heavy stuff on her during the Say Goodbye intro/dedication. I never thought the way she was acting had anything to do with Christine.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but didn't he say the end of 2014.

I could see them kicking off a new tour, starting in New Zealand and Australia, in late 2014.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Stevie is emotional at the end of every tour,
That's true. She is crying at the end of most tours.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Stevie is emotional at the end of every tour, whether FM or solo. Plus, Lindsey laid some heavy stuff on her during the Say Goodbye intro/dedication. I never thought the way she was acting had anything to do with Christine.
oh ok. this was a first for me.

didn't he say basically the same thing in Stockholm when he also dedicated SG to her?

Old 01-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh ok. this was a first for me.

didn't he say basically the same thing in Stockholm when he also dedicated SG to her?
let's compare and contrast, shall we?

"This is something that Stevie and I do by ourselves. It’s a song I wrote about Stevie. You know, I’ve known Stevie since I was about 16 years old…. we’ve been down a long, long road together, and there are times where maybe you just keep taking it for granted and think it’s never going to end. But I’m realizing now that we are getting to a point where you really can’t take anything for granted. And I’m just gonna dedicate this… I’m gonna dedicate this song to Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."

"We’re gonna do just one more, I think, then get out of here. This song is one that I wrote a few years back for the last studio album we did together called Say You Will, and it was written about Stevie, as many of my songs are…. The thing about illusions is that you need them. You need illusions in order to grow, in order to dream. But you sometimes need to cast away illusions in order to grow. So as we move into the new year, perhaps a new way of thinking, a new set of possibilities, I’m going to dedicate this song to this beautiful lady that I have known since I was about 16 years old. She’s mad now because I’m making it difficult for her to do this song. It’s okay, just do the best you can. So this is for Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

"This is something that Stevie and I do by ourselves. It’s a song I wrote about Stevie. You know, I’ve known Stevie since I was about 16 years old…. we’ve been down a long, long road together, and there are times where maybe you just keep taking it for granted and think it’s never going to end. But I’m realizing now that we are getting to a point where you really can’t take anything for granted. And I’m just gonna dedicate this… I’m gonna dedicate this song to Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."

"We’re gonna do just one more, I think, then get out of here. This song is one that I wrote a few years back for the last studio album we did together called Say You Will, and it was written about Stevie, as many of my songs are…. The thing about illusions is that you need them. You need illusions in order to grow, in order to dream. But you sometimes need to cast away illusions in order to grow. So as we move into the new year, perhaps a new way of thinking, a new set of possibilities, I’m going to dedicate this song to this beautiful lady that I have known since I was about 16 years old. She’s mad now because I’m making it difficult for her to do this song. It’s okay, just do the best you can. So this is for Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."
Both are poignant. Like a lot of people, I think new years, and holidays make her a little more emotional. Add into that John's health scare and god only knows what else, there were just a lot of emotions that night.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I think the first one would have gotten to me a little more.

In 2004 at the end of the tour, for SG he said it's been too many years -- or maybe it hasn't been enough.

I really enjoyed that one.