The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the number of songs for any potential new Mac album will be evenly shared - I'm guessing four each. It would seem that both Lindsey and Christine have sufficient songs, but who knows what Stevie might be thinking? I wonder if she has written fully formed songs since IYD and if so, whether she intends for these to be on her next solo album? If she were to plunder the vaults, I'd be hoping for The Dealer, She Loves Him Still, All The Beautiful Worlds and China Doll. I still think they should consider recording Fireflies as a studio track - it could be amazing.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I hope the EP is not an indication of what the album will be like.i feel like the band has followed the exact same pattern twice in their careers. I would compare the dance to rumours, the bands huge commercial successes 20 years apart. Then they follow it up with an adventerous, great album. Say wha you want about 2 solo,albums, not cohesive, where's Christine, but I freaking still love say you will. I like tusk WAY more. I would take out 3 songs from each writer to make it more perfect but it's full of really incredible songs. And call in non cohesive if you must, but I think Murrow next to Illume absolutely sound like they belong on the same album together, and then to follow that up with the classic sounding thrown down is the same concept as having Sara next to wmytyto. How is it any different.

But anyways the third and most annoying part of the band repeating itself, is them being afraid of said experimental album and feeling the need to artificially manufacture their more "fleetwood Mac like" sound. I mean Lindsey basically came out and said that's what he did with his 8 songs. And without you is just Awful. The only silver lining with wy is I'll take the awful song being allowed to be on the EP since it led to the awesome intros on the tour. but just months earlier stevie recorded the wonderful you can't fix this. They wouldn't be going all mirage and try to manufacture a sound. They should just continue on whatever musical path they are going on as individuals and bring that together in fleetwood Mac and see what happens. Lindsey should be doing his one takes and illuminations and Stevie should be doing you can't fix this and moonlight level material, just getting Lindsey's spin on those. And if Christine is thrown in the mix, even better.
nice analysis . and i think your worst fears will very probably become realized.

as you mentioned, Lindsey, but also Christine, have said exactly that: they are going for the safe, classic FM sound. no experimenting. people thought that SYW had too many "weird" songs, same as Tusk, whether or not you or i think of these 2 as post-1975 FM most interesting albums.

anyway, i just want that album out, whatever it is, and to move to the next phase. they already have most of it so why not put it out? then they can make new songs, for experimental album, as FM if they are so inclined. or just use FM for safe stuff since LB may have gotten burned on FM-experimental one too many times, and do whatever else they want to do solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The best, most effective and memorable Mac songs, are the ones that perfectly marry radio-friendly sensibilities with quirky production touches. They don't have to do anything "experimental" at this stage (and, really, what "experiment" hasn't already been done?), they just have to concentrate on crafting good, solid songs. If they're pleased with the end results, I'm sure we will be too.

As for "Without You"... it's not horrible or awful, it just suffers from poor mixing and mastering. The song itself is solid and Stevie & Lindsey sound great. But the track is mastered way too loud (though it's not as brick-walled as "Sad Angel"), and the guitar parts are too high in the mix.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I think the number of songs for any potential new Mac album will be evenly shared - I'm guessing four each. It would seem that both Lindsey and Christine have sufficient songs, but who knows what Stevie might be thinking? I wonder if she has written fully formed songs since IYD and if so, whether she intends for these to be on her next solo album? If she were to plunder the vaults, I'd be hoping for The Dealer, She Loves Him Still, All The Beautiful Worlds and China Doll. I still think they should consider recording Fireflies as a studio track - it could be amazing.
She Loves Him Still would be especially poignant now.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this does come true, then 2014 will probably end being my favorite year for music in my life time(1995 on up). *fingers still crossed*

Late summer means late August September for me. Considering the fact that the album is already sort of started, I see no problem with them getting it done in that time frame, even if Lindsey is a perfectionist.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

But anyways the third and most annoying part of the band repeating itself, is them being afraid of said experimental album and feeling the need to artificially manufacture their more "fleetwood Mac like" sound. I mean Lindsey basically came out and said that's what he did with his 8 songs.
Ok, based on what you've said, the next album they do will be TITN and I don't have a problem with that.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ok, based on what you've said, the next album they do will be TITN and I don't have a problem with that.
Hear, hear!
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
That's why I hope they don't include the EP songs. If each person is going to get 4 songs, Lindsey has practically used all of his up. I don't want those EP tracks on an album. But I would like them in some hard form. So, the industry doesn't do mini-CDs anymore I guess .

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

anyway, i just want that album out, whatever it is, and to move to the next phase. they already have most of it so why not put it out? then they can make new songs, for experimental album, as FM if they are so inclined. or just use FM for safe stuff since LB may have gotten burned on FM-experimental one too many times, and do whatever else they want to do solo.
No solo stuff until 2016.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I hope they don't include the EP songs. If each person is going to get 4 songs, Lindsey has practically used all of his up. I don't want those EP tracks on an album. But I would like them in some hard form. So, the industry doesn't do mini-CDs anymore I guess .

Michele
I agree. I want the ep out on cd. Maybe they can add them as bonus tracks?

Last edited by I'msoAfraid95; 01-05-2014 at 10:16 PM..
Old 01-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I agree. I want the ep out on cd. Maybe the can add them as bonus tracks?
These people still have not learned how to sell CDs at their actual CONCERT for some reason. I think they don't know that the people who attend the concert might want to own their music.

Anyway, remember when they gave away those four tracks at the concert for the SYW tour? Maybe they can do something like that again with the last EP. I don't recall what the four songs were from before: Peacekeeper, SYW, SYHA and Thrown Down maybe.

Michele
Old 01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I hope they don't include the EP songs. If each person is going to get 4 songs, Lindsey has practically used all of his up. I don't want those EP tracks on an album. But I would like them in some hard form. So, the industry doesn't do mini-CDs anymore I guess
I agree about not including the EP songs on the full album. They deserve a physical release, but not like that. Perhaps they can be included on a bonus CD exclusive to Best Buy or Amazon?

Come to think of it, there was supposed to be a physical release. I wonder why it didn't happen.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think they will record an album by the summer and I wouldn't want them to anyway. If they are recording as five, they need more time together, I don't care what digital technology allows them to slap together. Creatively, it takes time and time all in the same place, not emailing attachments to each other.

If they go out on tour, I don't think it's going to be behind an album. It's probably some make up junk or some big money festival offer that they couldn't refuse.

Michele
Could it be as Buckingham Nicks?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I agree about not including the EP songs on the full album. They deserve a physical release, but not like that. Perhaps they can be included on a bonus CD exclusive to Best Buy or Amazon?

Come to think of it, there was supposed to be a physical release. I wonder why it didn't happen.
Maybe they were trying to appeal to younger audience? Considering the fact that GYOW(I think) was used in Glee, Stevie on The Voice etc
Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Michele
Let's file the EP with Buckingham Nicks CD. They could release that as a bonus to the B/N disk.

Release The New Fleetwood Mac album with new Lindsey tunes. I would love to see another Buckingham/McVie tune. And even a, Nicks/McVie, tune would be new and super cool as well.

............. I dream...