The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The "classic" 1982 performance of Sisters of the Moon is vastly overrated. I think Stevie sounds awful. I hate it when she whimpers like she's in pain.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
The "classic" 1982 performance of Sisters of the Moon is vastly overrated. I think Stevie sounds awful. I hate it when she whimpers like she's in pain.
IMO, the one from the Tusk video is a lot better all around.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the Tusk version of Sisters, it's Stevie in all her "witchy" glory - you almost believe she can shoot lightning out of her hands.

My unpopular opinion is... I don't really care for Lindsey as a singer. As a producer, he's amazing and knows exactly how to elevate Stevie AND Christine's songs (I also think that while people are very quick to say Stevie is only good with Lindsey, they overlook how much he pushes Christine) but as a singer... I can count on one hand the number of his songs I really adore - I'm So Afraid, Secondhand News, GYOW, Tusk and Miranda. But that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that Fleetwood Mac is nothing without him.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My unpopular opinion is... I don't really care for Lindsey as a singer. As a producer, he's amazing and knows exactly how to elevate Stevie AND Christine's songs (I also think that while people are very quick to say Stevie is only good with Lindsey, they overlook how much he pushes Christine) but as a singer... I can count on one hand the number of his songs I really adore - I'm So Afraid, Secondhand News, GYOW, Tusk and Miranda. But that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that Fleetwood Mac is nothing without him.
For me, it's more Lindsey's songwriting than his voice, I think his voice is good (although when it comes down to it I like Chris' and Stevie's better). Christine's lyrics aren't always revolutionary but they're very solid and, I don't know how to explain it, sit very well and fill up the music she's written for it and they leave me satisfied with what she's trying to do, also I admire her musicality. I do give Lindsey points for being ambitious as he clearly is, but it doesn't always come together in the final product for me. But like you I wouldn't want to imagine Fleetwood Mac without him, he's been very integral no matter who's song it is. I don't know if anyone else is as integral to everyone else's songs as he is. I mean, Stevie is important because of her own songs, but she's usually icing on the cake when it comes to others'. Lindsey is far more integral to some of her songs than vice versa.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 PM

I liked CM and SN's songs on Tusk better than LB's.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I liked CM and SN's songs on Tusk better than LB's.
I have a feeling that wont be the most unpopular opinion.
I second that, though Tusk itself is one of the very best LB songs.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I have a feeling that wont be the most unpopular opinion.
I second that, though Tusk itself is one of the very best LB songs.
I give him an A+ on producing credit. And let's be honest, Ken and Richard engineered it.. LB produced it.

What he did with the girls' tunes in incredible.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac would have been better off with Dave Mason joining in 1987 as the lone guitarist/male singer/songwriter. Billy and Rick were great (and probably better than Dave, all things being equal), but Dave had the name and could've handled being the lone guitarist/male singer/songwriter.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

How about this one (with a few thoughts)?

Brett and maybe Neale should have been made full members of FM when Christine departed after the Dance tour.

1) It would have upset the gender balance on the front line, potentially ticking off SN, but limiting the front line to SN and LB made FM's future dependent on their working relationship...not the most stable foundation of all time!

2) FM has historically thrived on having a variety of singers/songwriters/players with different styles and voices in the band. SN and LB are set in their ways and obviously come from the same basic musical background, so there's not much *really* new ground to cover there.

3) We already see and hear both of them in the live shows anyway (in Brett's case, even with Christine's return), and have for going on 20 years, so it's not like they're strangers.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac have become boring. Same stale story, no new music for many years.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Fleetwood Mac have become boring. Same stale story, no new music for many years.
2 years technically.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
They recorded new music. Only to do a set list that makes me want to jump off a bridge.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Fleetwood Mac would have been better off with Dave Mason joining in 1987 as the lone guitarist/male singer/songwriter. Billy and Rick were great (and probably better than Dave, all things being equal), but Dave had the name and could've handled being the lone guitarist/male singer/songwriter.
You're high. lol The chemistry clash alone would have blown it all up and you know it.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're high. lol The chemistry clash alone would have blown it all up and you know it.
Christine would've bitch slapped him off the stage.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman is a tired song, performed live too many times over the years..........