User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine is FAR too strong of a woman for him. He wants a yes girl.
Except for CAH (perhaps), the people he's been associated with aren't yes women. Of everything people say about Kristen, it's not that she does everything Lindsey says.

Michele
Old 05-29-2016, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
This is from way back in the day, but I remember around the time of "Mirage" some DJ saying Lindsey and Christine were dating. At the time, I was all "Stevie and Lindsey" are soulmates, so it didn't sit very well with me. I got over that, of course.

The way their voices and their instruments play off each other is truly dazzling, it's like two sides of the same coin.
When you look at Fleetwood Mac as a band and not B/N with extra players.. as some people do.. It's a truly fascinating experience. I've never had that B/N tunnel vision because I started with Heroes are Hard To Find. Having said that. The B/N or B/CM dynamics are incredible. Even the Bob Welch/CMcVie dynamics fascinate me. Fleetwood Mac is a magical band.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When you look at Fleetwood Mac as a band and not B/N with extra players.. as some people do.. It's a truly fascinating experience. I've never had that B/N tunnel vision because I started with Heroes are Hard To Find. Having said that. The B/N or B/CM dynamics are incredible. Even the Bob Welch/CMcVie dynamics fascinate me. Fleetwood Mac is a magical band.
Bob Welch was such a pivotal member of Fleetwood Mac. Christine had a singing partner. The band changed dramatically with Bob. One of the few things I enjoyed with Mick's latest book is how much he praised Bob for being a profound influence on the band.

As far as Lindsey and Christine. I think they have tremendous professional respect for each other. They compliment each other musically. I think they like singing together too. The way they play around each other is really amazing. Each are the most professional people in rock n roll. Each would never put out a dud song or something they did not like. I see them as the book ends for the band. They are on the opposite side of the stage but are the ones that keep the band together with fantastic writing and performing.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Bob Welch was such a pivotal member of Fleetwood Mac. Christine had a singing partner. The band changed dramatically with Bob. One of the few things I enjoyed with Mick's latest book is how much he praised Bob for being a profound influence on the band.

As far as Lindsey and Christine. I think they have tremendous professional respect for each other. They compliment each other musically. I think they like singing together too. The way they play around each other is really amazing. Each are the most professional people in rock n roll. Each would never put out a dud song or something they did not like. I see them as the book ends for the band. They are on the opposite side of the stage but are the ones that keep the band together with fantastic writing and performing.
Such a good way to put it. I think both Lindsey and Christine make each other better. B/N make each other better when they really work together. Tusk was a great example. I really hope we get to see some really good B/N work on this new album. No more SYW mailing it in...
Old 05-30-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Such a good way to put it. I think both Lindsey and Christine make each other better. B/N make each other better when they really work together. Tusk was a great example. I really hope we get to see some really good B/N work on this new album. No more SYW mailing it in...
I forget the exact words that Mick used but Bob Welch was the foundation for Stevie and Lindsey down the road. Because of Bob it made it easier for Stevie and Lindsey to join. Chris was already used to working with another lead singer and harmonizing together. In addition Bob took the band in a new direction. He was definitely the launching pad for the arrival of Stevie and Lindsey. It would have been a huge leap for Stevie and Lindsey in the band if Bob had never joined. Who knows, it may have never worked. In addition no Bob Welch = no Stevie and Lindsey. The timing was perfect. If Bob had not joined, he would not have quit the time Stevie and Lindsey were frustrated with their first album release. It was written in the stars for all 3 of these key members to join.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An 'If only...' scenario;
It's 1975 and Bob Welch is offered the opportunity to rejoin Fleetwood Mac.
MF: 'We'd like to fill out our sound with a second guitarist. Would you come back Bob?'
A 6 piece band with Bob onboard would have been something else.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
An 'If only...' scenario;
It's 1975 and Bob Welch is offered the opportunity to rejoin Fleetwood Mac.
MF: 'We'd like to fill out our sound with a second guitarist. Would you come back Bob?'
A 6 piece band with Bob onboard would have been something else.
Honestly, I don't think so. I love those Bob Welch-era albums, too. Uneven though they often are, each features some of the band's best music. But he would not have done well to continue on with FM. Part of the magic of the Rumours lineup is the undeniably explosive chemistry between those five people on one stage. Any attempts at altering/adjusting that chemistry to include someone else would not and have not succeeded. Rumours would not have been Rumours with Welch on board. There's no way around that truth.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't lie, cheat, and steal for a Welch-Buckingham-McVie record, or one where Stevie and Bob sing together on every song.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with all of this but one thing: I do think SYW was successful. While not flawless, especially in the absence of Christine, it does feature some powerful collaborations, especially on Stevie's songs. But even Stevie's one or two-day vocal contributions to LB's songs are excellent.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree with all of this but one thing: I do think SYW was successful. While not flawless, especially in the absence of Christine, it does feature some powerful collaborations, especially on Stevie's songs. But even Stevie's one or two-day vocal contributions to LB's songs are excellent.
I agree with you. I don't understand how some think SYW is a bad album. Its so creative and I am a HUGE Christine fan. Yes the album would have been much better with her but Stevie and Lindsey really help out each other on most of the songs. I think its some of Fleetwood Mac's best work. Its intricate which is something the Mac lacked since Tusk. So many creative layers on many songs. I really appreciate this album. I was not blown away at first but learned to discover the album's cleverness. Thank goodness they did not do an empty pop album and put work into it. Its not Tango, its not a Lindsey solo album and is great Fleetwood Mac music.

Whats the world coming to - love hearing Stevie back Lindsey - just a great song to open an album

Illume - pure Buckingham genius. Its raw, unconventional, emotional, hypnotic angry -fits the lyrics perfectly. How do you capture the feelings of 9/11 happening real time. Surely not a pop song or catchy chorus. Lindsey should be given a Grammy just for this song alone. Stevie's line about 9/11 hit home for me "its like a river, its never ending" For me, that describes the events of 9/11 perfectly. It was not just one big bang and one tragedy. It was one tragedy after another....all day. It was just like a river.. it was never ending. The story of Stevie in her hotel is riveting in the verse " I'm alone now, with my thoughts, how we could make it, how we could get out, what we've been through, all of the trauma, the smell of Nag Champra (what Stevie was burning in the hotel under the doors to keep the smell of death out), shadow of a stranger (Osama Bin Laden). Stevie is such a pure poet that sometimes it can be challenging to put her poetic lyrics to music. Lindsey hit the nail on the head with this one.

Thrown Down - amazing

Say you will - all about Christine and the Dance tour - begging her to Dance (tour)

Smile at You - incredible

Running Through the Garden - just wow, Lindsey made this song so good

Everybody Finds Out - probably in the top 15 of my all time favorite Mac songs (all eras)
Listen to this song with headphones on. Its a pure orchestra of greatness

Destiney Rules - so good!

Bleed to love her - love it

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-30-2016 at 05:20 PM..
Old 05-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think so. I love those Bob Welch-era albums, too. Uneven though they often are, each features some of the band's best music. But he would not have done well to continue on with FM. Part of the magic of the Rumours lineup is the undeniably explosive chemistry between those five people on one stage. Any attempts at altering/adjusting that chemistry to include someone else would not and have not succeeded. Rumours would not have been Rumours with Welch on board. There's no way around that truth.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't lie, cheat, and steal for a Welch-Buckingham-McVie record, or one where Stevie and Bob sing together on every song.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I love Rumours as is and it wouldn't have happened any other way. It doesn't hurt to still wonder what it would be like if Bob was in the mix though. Perhaps the question shouldn't be 1975 but 1980. I just think the potential dynamic with Bob/Stevie is so intriguing. Obviously Chris/Bob is great but Chris/Bob/Stevie/Lindsey vocals....wow. I cant imagine Lindsey ever wanting to share the band with another prominent male though.

Bob stayed so close with the band for the following years after his leaving. I wonder if he ever ended up on any studio recordings with them.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
It has some great stuff on it. It just doesn't feel like an album, to me.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've done a lot of research on Asperger's/Autism Spectrum. Lindsey could fall somewhere on the spectrum. He's a creative, tortured GENIUS! He's simply amazing, but somewhat lacking in the social department.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I've done a lot of research on Asperger's/Autism Spectrum. Lindsey could fall somewhere on the spectrum. He's a creative, tortured GENIUS! He's simply amazing, but somewhat lacking in the social department.
Surely we'd all fall on the spectrum somewhere.
I don't think his social failings coupled with his abilities are enough to describe him as having Aspergers or Autism. The he may have some traits he doesn't have either of those.