Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I know we are going a bit off-topic here (although it makes a change from the Stevie bashing....)

I watched a great TED talk the other day on highly sensitive people - for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi4JOlMSWjo

It kind of turns the whole derogatory, overly sensitive snowflake thing, on its head.
Thanks for this! I can't wait to watch.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Thanks for this! I can't wait to watch.
That's great - I'm glad it's of interest
Old 04-17-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That's great - I'm glad it's of interest
I like it. It was cute and interesting. She's funny.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is absolutely laughable to call Nicks fans snowflakes with the way this Board has been for the last several months. The insults toward her (while allowable because she's a celebrity, not a Board member, yada yada yada) have become ubiquitous. Even if you don't like Stevie, I can't believe people don't find it tedious to have the same insults repeated over and over ad nauseam, or to have these comments shoe-horned into topics that otherwise have nothing to do with her, or to have threads started for the sole purpose of keeping all this negativity going. It's also hard to believe none of this is seen as baiting her fans, which I believe IS against the rules.

Which brings me back to my main point. You have to be pretty tough to be a Stevie fan around here; any snowflakes have long since abandoned the Ledge. What I would like some of the non-SN fans to think about is how well they would tolerate this level of trash talk if it was directed at another band member. Do we seriously think the die-hard CM and LB fans (and we all know who they are) could put up with a daily barrage of attacks saying their favorite member should rot or burn?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
What I would like some of the non-SN fans to think about is how well they would tolerate this level of trash talk if it was directed at another band member. Do we seriously think the die-hard CM and LB fans (and we all know who they are) could put up with a daily barrage of attacks saying their favorite member should rot or burn?

if you are seriously interested in answers to your questions, all you have to do is look at the posts over the last 5-10 years on The Ledge.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly. You are free to say whatever you want about any member. I personally couldn't care less. You're 100% free to have any opinion you want, regardless of my mindset on that opinion.

Vote the way you want. Feel the way you want. Express yourself the way you want. I couldn't care less! It's YOUR right to have your own beliefs, and you don't need our approval.

And visa versa. Have a good day!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

now rot or burn stuff is way over the top if thought through literally and i don't like it one bit, even if said in pun.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

if you are seriously interested in answers to your questions, all you have to do is look at the posts over the last 5-10 years on The Ledge.
hahahaha... the beatings Lindsey has taken... some of them from me.

I personally don't want a worship type board.... I read all the opinions and most of you guys are funny as hell... lighten up folks.. it's music..
Old 04-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
hahahaha... the beatings Lindsey has taken... some of them from me.
Ikr, he's certainly far from a saint but some of the things I've seen it's like if he breathes, someone cries "HIS EGO!!!". No doubt he's got one but honestly, and I love her to death, Stevie's has been bigger than his for like the past 20 years.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love being called a snowflake - especially when it's delivered from an uneducated / white trash Trump supporter.
But in this forum, with regard to Fleetwood Mac, or any other music -- I don't get it.
Fox News has seeped into all of our lives, unfortunately.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, not a fan of political talking points on here, like "fake news" or "snowflakes" that have seeped into this board, or even "dick" which is wrong on all levels unless talking to a guy named Richard.

As for things said about band members, they're pros at being in the spotlight, which has its downside. If you think Stevie is taking a beating now, you should have seen what Stevie fans said about Bekka back in the "Time" days (i.e. THAT hussy).

Stevie made a big deal for years about how there couldn't be a new album because it didn't work without Christine, even offering her $5 million to come back (in the same way I'd offer Northwestern $5 million if they won the Big Ten in football), but was MIA in the studio when Christine actually came back. Stevie did this to herself.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2017, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And visa versa. Have a good day!
I don't mean to undermine you in every way but I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and I have to tell you that it's "vice versa".

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-18-2017 at 03:24 AM..
Old 04-18-2017, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I don't mean to undermine you in every way but I'm a bit of a grammar nazi and I have to tell you that it's "vice versa".
PUBLIC NOTICE
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (66.5 KB, 18 views)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 AM
SteveMacD
This message has been deleted by SteveMacD.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay, it's too easy these days.
I can't fully understand the joke because of the cultural difference but it seems amusing, is it a reference to some middle class socio-political group?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I like it. It was cute and interesting. She's funny.
I'm glad you liked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Even if you don't like Stevie, I can't believe people don't find it tedious to have the same insults repeated over and over ad nauseam, or to have these comments shoe-horned into topics that otherwise have nothing to do with her, or to have threads started for the sole purpose of keeping all this negativity going. It's also hard to believe none of this is seen as baiting her fans, which I believe IS against the rules.
Yes this is the point I was trying to make yesterday. It's become a regular thing on here, there are inflammatory posts which seem only to have the intent of provoking other board members, resulting in arguments and upsetting people - the very definition of trolling - and the rules here clearly state "No trolling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. You are free to say whatever you want about any member. I personally couldn't care less. You're 100% free to have any opinion you want, regardless of my mindset on that opinion.
But that isn't true. You can't post anything. If it's only posted with the intent of provoking or upsetting other fans, that is against the rules. You honestly believe you never do this?