The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default anyone been to Fleetwood's in Maui yet?

Stop in and visit some old friends: one of three new restaurants in Maui, according to Susan Halas. It really looks like a nice place.

http://mauinow.com/2011/12/05/three-...-opening-soon/

Fleetwood’s on Front Street

Celebrity eatery takes huge space, long lease & plans to hire hundreds

Fleetwood’s Restaurant and Pub on Front Street has leased over 10,000 sq ft of second floor and rooftop dining at the old Planet Hollywood Building, and also plans to offer retail liquor sales on the ground floor. According to Project Manager Jonathan Todd, the new ocean view eatery located across the street from the sea wall in Lahaina has received two liquor licenses: one for upstairs service and a separate permit for ground floor retail sales. He said the dining areas are expected to seat hundreds will eventually be open for lunch and dinner. He also anticipates that hundreds will be hired to staff the new establishment.

Fronting the new venture is long time celebrity musician Mick Fleetwood who has Maui homes upcountry and in Napili.

Fleetwood’s On Front St. Lahaina The 10,000 sq ft Fleetwood’s on Front St in Lahaina hopes to open in the second quarter of 2012. The eatery headed by well known musician and long time Maui resident Mick Fleetwood will occupy the 2nd floor, roof and portions of the ground floor of the former Planet Hollywood building across from the sea wall. The management says facilities will include a restaurant, pub and liquor store. Photo courtesy Fleetwood’s on Front St.

“Mick’s been here for a while and he gets the needs of Maui,” said Todd. He said the menu is still taking shape but in its final incarnation “will be approachable yet sophisticated. We want it to have family appeal.”

The project manager said that HJL Restaurant Consultants of Santa Barbara has been retained to coordinate the opening.

“They’ll be on site 24/7 until then and as long after we open as necessary.” Todd said that Fleetwood’s is currently seeking resumes from those qualified for general manager, chef and other senior level positions. “When top staff is in place they will be responsible for filling the other positions.”

Those interested in submitting resumes of any kind should follow the links posted on line at www.FleetwoodsOnFrontSt.com and www.Facebook.com/Fleetwoods. He indicated that “hiring preference will be given to Maui residents.”

Todd confirmed that the restaurant had signed a long term lease. “We have options for decades. This is not an in and out thing,” he said.

Fleetwood’s On Front St. Lahaina The 10,000 sq ft Fleetwood’s on Front St in Lahaina hopes to open in the second quarter of 2012. The eatery headed by well known musician and long time Maui resident Mick Fleetwood will occupy the 2nd floor, roof and portions of the ground floor of the former Planet Hollywood building across from the sea wall. The management says facilities will include a restaurant, pub and liquor store.

http://www.mauihawaii.org/restaurant...ont-street.htm
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://fleetwoodsonfrontst.com/

Is this place open yet? July?

Here's a radio interview:

http://www.1190kex.com/pages/cult.html?article=9157094

Last edited by Tango; 06-01-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That looks lovely! I was looking into doing some travel in October, and this looks like a good pit stop halfway to Asia. I just might check it out.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood's in Maui Posted by Bree McKenna on Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM

http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineo...twoods-in-maui

by Bree McKenna

Last week, I was in Maui walking around and stopped short in front of a sign for a restaurant called Fleetwoods, featuring the pony-tailed little figure of Mick Fleetwood from the cover of Rumours. Upon further investigation, I realized that Mick Fleetwood had opened a restaurant on Maui that is basically like an Olive Garden (family friendly, servers with earpieces) except it has his Fleetwood Mac **** everywhere; photos and golden records all over the walls, a 14-piece drum kit propped up in the center of the restaurant.

Suckered in by my love of Fleetwood Mac, I ordered a $14 craft cocktail and chatted with my server about how Mick opened it last year and frequents the spot when he's on tour. I asked if he was around, and she explained that they were on tour, "I guess they are still pretty good live," she explained. Everyone was wearing little vests, ponytails and collared shirts in the style of him on the Rumours cover.

As the night went on, I got in a fight with my drinking companion about Fleetwood Mac, realizing once again that, like many others, she refuses to acknowledge the beauty of FM before Lindsey Buckingham/Stevie Nicks joined the band... and that's when I realized that when people say they like Fleetwood Mac, they actually only like Rumours. Not even Tusk! Not even Bare Trees!! And Christine McVie is often totally overlooked! We finished up drinking up the novelty of looking at rock memorabilia and I went home to revisit the amazingness of early- and mid-period Mac, in particular this Bob Welch (RIP) penned classic from Bare Trees.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gonna be honeymooning in Maui in August. Anyone know if Mick ever pops in the restaurant? Seems like I read before on here that he does. Wondering what night of the week might maximize our chances of seeing him.

Brad
Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Gonna be honeymooning in Maui in August. Anyone know if Mick ever pops in the restaurant? Seems like I read before on here that he does. Wondering what night of the week might maximize our chances of seeing him.

Brad
When he's performing with his blues band, you can meet him after the show. But I don't think he'll be there in August, at least there aren't any tour dates for this time posted on his official site. That may be when Fleetwood Mac goes back in for tour rehearsals.