User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
If there isn't enough interest in maintaining a Christine website, would there be any interest in some participation here on this website--maybe in the form of a Q&A like John did in the past? Maybe Mr Wyatt could find out?
Yeah, but didn't they intend to do a Q&A with Christine on her site? she didn't do it. She dropped the ball. She doesn't seem to want to do this kind of thing. All of our submitted questions are hovering in the gaseous ether of Nevernever-Land.

I think if there's any official site in the future for her, she won't really be taking any part in it. So it would require the site admin to do it himself or herself, which would mean interacting with the fanbase more & not waiting for permission from management or Big Mama.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yeah, but didn't they intend to do a Q&A with Christine on her site? she didn't do it. She dropped the ball. She doesn't seem to want to do this kind of thing.
I'm not sure that's entirely true. Chris did do some interviews to promote 'In the Meantime' ... she did seem willing to do some modest promotion for the record, which could have included answering a manageable number of fan questions. We talked about this at the time over on the old Christine McVie website board, and the conclusion we came to was that Christine must have gotten slammed with way too many questions, and she was overwhelmed by it and just didn't do it.

The record company is to blame ... they thought they'd run some silly contest, and you can be sure that a lot of people jumped on board who are mainly FM or Stevie fans, and, in the absence of a moderator, it's just inevitable that they asked all kinds of tiresome and ridiculous questions ("when will you record with the Mac again ... when will you tour with the Mac again ... do you ever have lunch with Stevie ...").

The mistake made was that nobody filtered the questions. They needed to have a moderator look over the questions and select a small number ... maybe five questions. Good, interesting questions that pertained to 'In the Meantime' or to Christine's actual creative process as a songwriter and musician. It's really too bad it wasn't done this way, because Chris might have actually enjoyed answering a few good questions, and it might have led her to become more engaged in her website. But it's too late for that now. She's been out of the public eye (and undoubtedly thoroughly enjoying her quiet life as an English tea lady) for too long for her to have any interest in being a "celebrity" again.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
We talked about this at the time over on the old Christine McVie website board, and the conclusion we came to was that Christine must have gotten slammed with way too many questions, and she was overwhelmed by it and just didn't do it.
When I spoke to Martin Wyatt I asked him about the questions and he confirmed that they got many more than they were expecting. As you said nobody was vetting them so the same one probably got asked loads of times.

With a new site she may possibly agree to answer a few.

I'm going to email Mr Wyatt in the next couple of days with the suggestions for the site so I'll include doing a (brief) Q&A. I don't suppose it'll happen but we always ask.

Gail
Old 03-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not sure that's entirely true. Chris did do some interviews to promote 'In the Meantime' ... she did seem willing to do some modest promotion for the record, which could have included answering a manageable number of fan questions. We talked about this at the time over on the old Christine McVie website board, and the conclusion we came to was that Christine must have gotten slammed with way too many questions, and she was overwhelmed by it and just didn't do it.
I don't understand what you're saying. You'd be overwhelmed only if you had to answer every question. Christine could have answered any number of them: five, three, one. I say the ball was dropped when questions were solicited from fans & the promised feature was never delivered. Not good.

Quote:
The record company is to blame ... they thought they'd run some silly contest, and you can be sure that a lot of people jumped on board who are mainly FM or Stevie fans, and, in the absence of a moderator, it's just inevitable that they asked all kinds of tiresome and ridiculous questions ("when will you record with the Mac again ... when will you tour with the Mac again ... do you ever have lunch with Stevie ...").
Welcome to the world of Fleetwood Mac fans. Remember the AOL Q&A with Mick? How about all the Q&A's on the Ledge? The same question gets asked (with minor variation in wording) twelve times. I wince in embarrassment when I read the questions of some of those columns. And that was all with moderator. (I was reading one the other day. A chirpy & annoying girl asked Walter Egan one thing & one thing only: "When is Stevie's album coming out?" Walter just replied "I don't know," but you could feel the impatience & even disgust in his polite, brief response.)

Quote:
The mistake made was that nobody filtered the questions. They needed to have a moderator look over the questions and select a small number ... maybe five questions. Good, interesting questions that pertained to 'In the Meantime' or to Christine's actual creative process as a songwriter and musician.
That's the way to do it, no doubt. But it's never happened before -- unless you consider Lindsey's question-&-answer videos an exception (I don't).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Chris did answer some questions. Pip(the moderator) talked to that guy from the record label & she said that he had e-mailed Dan Perfect about the Q & A. Dan said that she had recorded some answers on audio tape. Chris has said that she hates to type. If that's true, someone could have transferred those tapes to digital format & posted them on her site. I blame that guy from Sanctuary, although Chris has to share some blame simply for not delivering what was promised.

I also totally agree with Joanne about that dumb contest. They probably got too many inane questions from non-Christine McVie fans. I didn't care about that contest, although I certainly would have accepted the prize if I had won. I just wanted a chance to ask Christine a few questions about her life & career.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-30-2008 at 06:00 AM..
Old 03-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Dan said that she had recorded some answers on audio tape.
Well ... good grief ... we fans would like to hear those audio recordings. Never mind transcribing them to text, actually listening to Chris' lovely voice would be far better.

Those recordings are another thing Mr. Wyatt could put on a remastered C. McVie website ... if the tapes haven't gotten lost. (Gail, you can add that to your list for Mr. Wyatt.)
Old 03-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(Gail, you can add that to your list for Mr. Wyatt.)
Yes can do.

I was thinking of emailing him early next week so if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Gail
Old 03-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Yes can do.

I was thinking of emailing him early next week so if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Gail
How about any little tidbits of things, or even outtakes, that Chris & Dan & the other musicians may have been working on in the ITM sessions that didn't make the final cut? With such a relaxed atmosphere as it must have been, there's bound to be a lot of music & music bits that were recorded. With that group (Christine, Hawkins), they probably even did some old blues songs, as musicians are apt to do when the atmosphere is relaxed & casual.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How about any little tidbits of things, or even outtakes, that Chris & Dan & the other musicians may have been working on in the ITM sessions that didn't make the final cut? With such a relaxed atmosphere as it must have been, there's bound to be a lot of music & music bits that were recorded. With that group (Christine, Hawkins), they probably even did some old blues songs, as musicians are apt to do when the atmosphere is relaxed & casual.
Gail mentioned that Mr. Wyatt was working with that Universal Music label to "re-work" her last album. I wonder if he was going to add any outtakes & additional songs to that release. Chris had said in one of those video clips on her site that Dan still had everything on his computer. Hope he didn't accidentally lose those tracks.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how far they got with Keith and if there's any material from when he was still involved.

Michele
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris had said in one of those video clips on her site that Dan still had everything on his computer. Hope he didn't accidentally lose those tracks.
Dan Perfect, if you're listening .... back up your hard drive, and do it now, pleeeez. I want to hear those outtakes.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder how far they got with Keith and if there's any material from when he was still involved.

Michele
Who's Keith? It was mostly just Chris & Dan Perfect, with George Hawkins & Steve Ferrone. According to Chris, Ken Caillat helped with the bass & drums.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-31-2008 at 05:40 AM..
Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who's Keith? It was mostly just Chris & Dan Perfect, with George Hawkins & Steve Ferrone. According to Chris, Ken Caillat helped with the bass & drums.

I thought Keith Olson was going to be involved in production originally but then they parted ways.

Michele
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I thought Keith Olson was going to be involved in production originally but then they parted ways.

Michele
I never heard anything about Keith Olson, just Ken Caillat. I'd be surprised if Christine & Keith Olson have had any contact in many, many, many years.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I emailed Martin Wyatt yesterday with our collected thoughts on a new official website.

Basically I think we had all come to the same conclusions and the main common items are as follows:

Biography
Discography
Photo Gallery
Downloads (inc outtakes from ITM)
Q&A
News

I mentioned that no one had asked for a discussion forum and that I realised that any participation from Christine herself may be difficult to achieve. I did say that perhaps a Q&A with a limited number of questions might be possible.

I haven't had an answer yet - he's probably seen the email and thought "oh God not her again".

I did say that I hoped it had given him some ideas and let him (and Christine)know that we would like to see a new official site.

I'll let you know when (or if) I get a response.

Gail