User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I've just gone back and read The Works magazine interview Christine gave a couple of years ago. In the interview she said;

'We've already cut about eight tracks. They truly are fresh as a daisy. They're just wonderful. They are a delicious taste from hors d'oeuvres to main course to pudding. Its a pot pourri of the stuff we've always been known for- a little bit of blues, a ballad, there's a country and western style song, there's funky stuff. I mean its incredibly diverse and the songs are just amazing.'

I'm guessing if they had eight tracks cut by the time of this interview back in 2014 then they must have recorded more than 10 songs. Perhaps they didnt use all the original eight. Its difficult to tell, but I'd say none of the songs sound as if they'd be considered 'Country & Western'. Otherwise, perhaps that particular song developed into something a lot different over time. I guess Feel About You could just about be considered 'Funky'.
There are some finger-picking fragments I saw in the doc. Maybe that's what she meant by "western style song"? The closest thing to funky I've heard is Too Far Gone. At least four of Christine's In the Meantime tunes cited very clear blues-funk vocabulary. Maybe Buckingham pulls her away from that...
Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Length of Album

My personal opinion is that they selected 10 songs with a similar theme ("let's get on with finishing the important things in life"), but also with a maximum total length of 44+ minutes so as to release it on vinyl as well.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
My personal opinion is that they selected 10 songs with a similar theme ("let's get on with finishing the important things in life"), but also with a maximum total length of 44+ minutes so as to release it on vinyl as well.
Selected or recorded?

Will that extra material show up on the Buck collection or on Buck/Vie 2 or on a new Mac album?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Selected or recorded?

Will that extra material show up on the Buck collection or on Buck/Vie 2 or on a new Mac album?
I think they will end up on Lindsey's next solo CD, or part of the Box Set to be issued by Warners. To be quite frank, Lindsey's songs have always been "solo" in nature, sometimes they end up on FM or, in this case, Buckingham McVie. Christine has a desire to record a Blues album. With the "farewell tour" planned for 2018 (or for as long is it can be milked, or someone passes away), I don't see a Buckingham McVie 2 in the future. But I have given up trying to predict what any band member, the band as a whole, or any fragmentation of the band might do.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Selected or recorded?

i may be wrong of course, but i think Fleetwood Mac recorded just these 13 songs - 3 that were on the EP and 10 that are coming out as BuckVie. if you count as FL the old BN song that only SN and LB recorded without the other Mac members but that came out under FM moniker on the EP, then 14 songs.

the extra Lindsey recordings we've heard about over the last few years i believe he always meant to be released as solo, especially considering he already had too many songs for a FM album. i don't think he was recording those with Mick, John and Christine, and not at the Village, but was working on these during the OWTS tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-29-2017, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got back from vacation and took a closer listen to the doc on headphones. It's now a given that this album is freaking fantastic! Even if Game of pretend is a clunker I've heard enough to know. I've noticed the doubters/Stevie only fans have scattered away after hearing the songs on this doc. I'm truly excited and can't wait until june 9th! Every song sounds great and the much maligned In My World is doing very well in other countries. Exciting times! Stevie did NOT dodge a bullet. Carnival Begin in particular...just wow.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Got back from vacation and took a closer listen to the doc on headphones. It's now a given that this album is freaking fantastic! Even if Game of pretend is a clunker I've heard enough to know. I've noticed the doubters/Stevie only fans have scattered away after hearing the songs on this doc. I'm truly excited and can't wait until june 9th! Every song sounds great and the much maligned In My World is doing very well in other countries. Exciting times! Stevie did NOT dodge a bullet. Carnival Begin in particular...just wow.
They scatter, but they will always come back.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I so agree with you on Carnival Begin. That groove....INSANE!

10 daze.

Last edited by lennonfan; 05-30-2017 at 11:14 AM..
Old 05-30-2017, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I so agree with you on Carnival Begin. That groove....INSANE!

10 daze.
What should we do as a countdown?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Now I have the song Countdown in my head. lol
Old 05-30-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Now, I have the song Countdown in my head. lol
Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Song Times on iTunes

SATC 3:47
Feel About You 3:27
In My World 4:24
Red Sun 3:15
Love is Here to Stay 4:25
Too Far Gone 3:20
Lay Down for Free 3:56
Game of Pretend 4:33
On With the Show 3:46
Carnival Begin 4:40
Old 05-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://thefatangelsings.com/2017/05...kingham-mcvie/

BUCKINGHAM & McVIE – ” Sleeping Around The Corner “
Posted: May 30, 2017 in MUSIC
Tags: Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham 0

They’ve been part of one of rock and roll’s greatest bands for five decades, but for the first time ever, Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are finally teaming together for a collaborative album.

The record, titled simply Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, is due out on June 9th, the album’s lead-off track, “Sleeping Around the Corner.”

Buckingham and McVie began working on the album’s material three years ago, ahead of the group’s On With the Show tour, which found McVie rejoining the group after a 16-year-long break.

“We thought we’d go into the studio to reacquint myself to playing in a rock band and getting the chemistry and the vibe,” says McVie. “We thought we’d lay down a couple of tracks; that’s all we meant to do. And then Lindsey had some [songs]. And we just started having a good time.”

To finish the material, Buckingham and McVie met with band mates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie in Los Angeles’ Village Studios, where the Mac recorded 1979’s Tusk. “Nothing much had changed [in the studio] as far as I can remember,” says McVie. “The Tusk days are a bit of a haze, to be honest. But everything seemed exactly the same.” Adds Buckingham, “It was like a time warp. It was cool!”

The resulting collection features lovely, McVie led ballads like “Game of Pretend” and bright, chiming rockers like “On With the Show.” Buckingham and McVie are perhaps most psyched about “Sleeping Around the Corner,” which Buckingham began writing about four years ago. “[When Christine heard it], she was like ‘It’s a hit!’” says Buckingham. “And who am I to disagree?”

On June 21st, Buckingham and McVie will launch 14 date tour Then, Fleetwood Mac will reconvene for The Classic West and The Classic East festivals in Los Angeles and New York City on July 15 and July 29, respectively. Of gearing up for those festival dates, where the band will perform alongside veteran acts like Steely Dan, Eagles, Journey, and more, McVie says, “I’m really looking forward to the festivals. It’s not that long since we finished our big tour. We’ve got five days of rehearsals prior to those shows. And that should be a really fun experience.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-30-2017, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
SATC 3:47
Feel About You 3:27
In My World 4:24
Red Sun 3:15
Love is Here to Stay 4:25
Too Far Gone 3:20
Lay Down for Free 3:56
Game of Pretend 4:33
On With the Show 3:46
Carnival Begin 4:40
thanks! guess we are not getting Red Sun today...

Old 05-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another Single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks! guess we are not getting Red Sun today...
Maybe Friday. But now that they have listed all of the times, I wonder if Red Sun will be released early.