Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default BuckVie album release & tour press

most of what i've seen is a variation of their official press release, but still thought it would be nice to start a thread where it can be compiled/

here's Ultimate Classic Rock -

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Reveal Album Details and Announce Tour Dates
By Jeff Giles April 11, 2017 11:09 AM

Atlantic

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are just about ready to unveil their upcoming album — starting with the impending release of the set’s first single, “In My World,” this week.

Due April 14, the “In My World” single officially starts the long-awaited lead up to Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, the duo project led by the Fleetwood Mac bandmates who rediscovered their creative bond after McVie rejoined the group’s lineup in 2014. Scheduled for a June 9 release, the album offers what both partners see as the sensible — and long-overdue — culmination of a long-term partnership.

“We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically,” explained Buckingham in a press release. “The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, ‘what took us so long?'”

“We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I,” added McVie. “This has just spiraled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”
Tracked in Los Angeles, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie serves as a de facto Fleetwood Mac album of sorts; although singer Stevie Nicks was not involved, the duo worked with Mac rhythm section Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, adding their distinctive “dynamic rhythmic engine” to the 10-song set. You can check out the complete track listing below.

The album’s release will be followed by a spate of what are being referred to as “special U.S. concerts.” Listed below, they’re scheduled to begin June 21 and continue through July 27 — including a previously reported stop in Washington on July 19. Whether they’ll be performing with Fleetwood and John McVie is unknown, although it’s probably worth noting that Fleetwood Mac are booked to appear at the Classic East and Classic West festivals this summer.

‘Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie’ Track Listing

“Sleeping Around the Corner”
“Feel About You”
“In My World”
“Red Sun”
“Love Is Here to Stay”
“Too Far Gone”
“Lay Down for Free”
“Game of Pretend”
“On with the Show”
“Carnival Begin”

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie 2017 Tour Dates

6/21 — Atlanta, GA
6/23 — Nashville, TN
6/24 — Raleigh, NC
6/26 — Vienna, VA
6/28 — Boston, MA
6/30 — Philadelphia, PA
7/02 — Detroit, MI
7/03 — Chicago, IL
7/05 — Toronto, ON
7/19 — Woodinville, WA
7/21 — Murphys, CA
7/22 — Las Vegas, NV
7/25 — Phoenix, AZ
7/27 — Denver, CO

Read More: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Reveal Album Details and Announce Tour Dates | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...ckback=tsmclip

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2017, 10:49 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-album-w476087

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Detail New Album
"What took us so long?!" Longtime collaborators plot summer tour in support of first album as duo
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Detail New Album
By Jon Blistein
2 days ago

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie will release their first album as a duo, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, June 9th via Atlantic. The album is available to pre-order digitally, as well as on CD and vinyl. The first single, "In My World," will be available April 14th on digital and streaming services.

RELATED

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie Plan Duet LP
Duo, as Buckingham McVie, aim to release new album in May
Buckingham and McVie will also embark on a North American tour this summer, starting June 21st in Atlanta and wrapping July 27th in Denver. Tickets go on sale April 21st.

The longtime collaborators rekindled their working relationship in 2014 when McVie rejoined Fleetwood Mac for their 2014 "On With the Show" tour. The pair recorded the LP at Village Studios in Los Angeles, where Fleetwood Mac also made several albums, including Tusk. Buckingham and McVie tapped bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to serve as the rhythm section for much of the album.

"We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically," Buckingham said of the record in a statement. "The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, 'What took us so long?!'"

Along with Buckingham/McVie and the duo's upcoming tour, Fleetwood Mac will headline a new bi-coastal festival this July. Classic East and Classic West will take place at Citi Field in New York and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, respectively. The lineup also boasts the Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire.

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie Track List

1. "Sleeping Around The Corner"
2. "Feel About You"
3. "In My World"
4. "Red Sun"
5. "Love Is Here To Stay"
6. "Too Far Gone"
7. "Lay Down For Free"
8. "Game Of Pretend"
9. "On With The Show"
10. "Carnival Begin"

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Tour Dates

June 21 – Atlanta, GA @ Chastain Park
June 23 – Nashville, TN @ Ascend Amphitheater
June 24 – Raleigh, NC @ The Red Hat Amphitheater
June 26 – Vienna, VA @ Wolf Trap
June 28 – Boston, MA @ Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
June 30 – Philadelphia, PA @ Mann Center for the Performing Arts
July 2 – Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
July 3 – Chicago, IL @ Northerly Island
July 5 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
July 19 – Woodinville, WA @ Chateau Ste. Michelle
July 21 – Murphys, CA @ Ironstone Amphitheater
July 22 – Las Vegas, NV @ Park Theater
July 25 – Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre
July 27 – Denver, CO @ Paramount Theatre
Old 04-17-2017, 06:53 PM

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...or-in-my-world

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham And Christine McVie Reunite For 'In My World'

April 14, 201710:29 AM ET
Lars Gotrich
LARS GOTRICH

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie's new album, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie, comes out June 9.

Courtesy of the artist
Tell me if you've heard this one before: Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie walk into a studio... and actually make a record together. Fleetwood Mac's drama-filled history is the stuff of a "great play," to say the least.

McVie returned to the band after 15 years during its 2014 tour, which sparked the forthcoming duets record, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie. It's the first time the two have worked together since Fleetwood Mac's 1987 album Tango In The Night.

"We were exploring a creative process, and the identity of the project took on a life organically," Buckingham says in a press release. "The body of work felt like it was meant to be a duet album. We acknowledged that to each other on many occasions, and said to ourselves, 'What took us so long?!'"

With so many years since her time with these musicians and over a decade since her last solo album, In The Meantime, it's a treat in itself just to hear Christine McVie sing again. The Buckingam-penned "In My World" is immediately familiar to anyone who's spent many nights pouring over the swift guitar work and swaying grooves of Rumours or Tusk, striking a delicate balance between whimsy and wistful.

Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie comes out June 9 on Atlantic. The pair go on tour this summer.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Are there rumours for them to play in Europe???????????????
Old 04-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dance View Post
Are there rumours for them to play in Europe???????????????
Not heard anything. It'd be amazing if they did- the interest is certainly there. Hmm- maybe the magazine interviews in Uncut and Mojo are because they are heading this way!

Still cant see it though

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This song just does NOT merit 4:20. It's indulgently long, like many of Stevie's recent songs, especially under Dave Stewart.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
This song just does NOT merit 4:20. It's indulgently long, like many of Stevie's recent songs, especially under Dave Stewart.
Oh ah Oh should have been extended for 10 seconds
Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

some of y'all gonna LOVE this!!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...=0&FORM=VDQVAP
Old 04-27-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Yes I do!!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That was strange...
Old 05-01-2017, 06:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm more of a Nicks fan so I may not be into this but I wish them the best and think this is a good idea - even a natural progression, going by what I saw on the last FM tour. Probably not something I once would've expected but one of the highlights of concert I went to was seeing the interaction between Chris and Lindsey. Could see they were having a blast and at the time, I was thinking that I could see them collaborating on a project together in the studio.

They're both very accomplished musicians so they can communicate in that language with each other, regarding the technical side. Christine is so down to earth, she can probably help balance Lindsey who perhaps has mellowed out a little in recent years.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Ha ha
I think the Buckingham/McVie tour should open with this on the screen.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh ah Oh should have been extended for 10 seconds

now, if you'd said the bit where he hums along with the guitar, I'd be more down widdat.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

now, if you'd said the bit where he hums along with the guitar, I'd be more down widdat.
w/ a guitar solo and we have a deal...