The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about the first single, In My World?
I love it! 14 13.86%
I like it! 39 38.61%
It's ok. 24 23.76%
It sucks. There better be better songs than this on the album. 12 11.88%
It's a strong, creative first single. 3 2.97%
Production is too thin. Needs to be more lush. 5 4.95%
Production is perfect, song is weak. 4 3.96%
Makes me want to buy the album. 3 2.97%
Want a Christine song to be first single. 11 10.89%
I'm devastated. High hopes are dashed. Make me want to slit my wrist 3 2.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I strongly suspect a Cristineish tune to come forth shortly.
Really like the new song, classic smokin' Mac backbeat, the reverb on the vocals at the end make me feel like I'm on LSD ...what's not to love? lol
Old 04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I like the new song. It sounds Macish and part Lindsey solo album. Not sure what people were expecting.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Not sure what people were expecting.
I was expecting something with both Lindsey and Christine on it, which isn't too unrealistic an expectation to have for a duet album. But I can wait 2 more months for the rest of the album.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like the new song. It sounds Macish and part Lindsey solo album. Not sure what people were expecting.
More solo Lindsey, or at least sad angel like, less empire of the sun like.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think people were expecting a solo song, which is what this is.

Makes me wonder. A big criticism of Say You Will was that it sounded like two solo albums and not a Mac album. Will this have the same problem? Christine is not on the first single at all. Hmmm....
Old 04-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My fear has come to pass. I would prefer not to have a single rather than one that creates a false impression of what the album will be like. I don't want this to be representative or to be thought of as such. Michele
Old 04-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't think people were expecting a solo song, which is what this is.

Makes me wonder. A big criticism of Say You Will was that it sounded like two solo albums and not a Mac album. Will this have the same problem? Christine is not on the first single at all. Hmmm....
I think a lot of people are having the same reaction you did.

As for the question of what did people expect, I expected a return to Christine, Lindsey, Mick, and John working in the studio, with the focus being on the two songwriters working closer than they ever have before. No "Stevie popped in for 3 weeks" crap, but a real return to the band honest to goodness working in the studio together, like they used to before Tusk. What I got from the first single was a solo song by Lindsey.

I loved Talk to Me when it was released. I loved Big Love. I loved As Long As You Follow, Rooms on Fire, Save Me, Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind, and Peacekeeper. Loved these first singles from the first listen. This new song, no.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I guess you must like this then since it's exactly diametrically opposite to Lindsey solo or SYW stuff.

My vote went for it sucks, there better be other completely different songs on the album. Some that are actually Lindsey solo quality would be nice.
Tell me what concert you are attending. I just want to go to get a picture of you singing this song at he top of your lungs. I know you will. Michele
Old 04-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
I tend to not listen to Lindsey's solo albums because they lack that distinct "warm" quality that FM albums have. The metallic production on most of SYW turned me off slightly, so I'm guessing this is only going to be an extension of that.. Hopefully Chris breathes some life and soul back into this.
I've been struggling to put into words exactly what you just said. I miss the Fleetwood Mac "warmth." I don't like Lindsey's clinical production style. I voted that the song is "okay." Not great, not terrible. Hopefully not indicative of the rest of the album IMHO.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Tell me what concert you are attending. I just want to go to get a picture of you singing this song at he top of your lungs. I know you will. Michele
I might go to DC. I'll take many Elle pics.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm seriously struggling to understand what all the complaints are about. Granted the lack of Christine is a misstep, however the rest is pure Mac! What were you expecting? What sound were you expecting? this is what a relevant artist sounds like.

I always think about the Eagles comeback album "Long Road out of Eden" as a barometer for classic rock artists returning. Firstly what a hideous sounding album that was, all slick and MOR sounding. There was nothing on that album to indicate they have a clue about new music or trends. Only created with the sole purpose of helping their older fans from the 70's remember what they used to listen to.

Lindsey has never been that artist, and never will be that artist. For that is the reason I love this man, he won't create soft rock radio crap, this could get played on any alternative radio station and no one would blink. This is Lindsey in Pop mode.

I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 04-14-2017 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I might go to DC. I'll take many Elle pics.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I love it, not because it's the first track we have heard in 4 years, but because I love this band and this man and i'm prepared to go on the journey with him, and not dictate what i want, and what i expect from an album. That's the joy of following an artist. If you want stock standard regular music go and listen to 24Karat Gold.
I can't like a song just because I like the artist; to me, that's venturing into idolatry. Some people think FM, or Lindsey, or Stevie, can do no wrong. I am not one of those people. There are some songs I hate, like Family Man, Not That Funny, Jane, and Whole Lotta Trouble. I'm glad you love the new song- maybe it'll catch on with the public.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I can't like a song just because I like the artist; to me, that's venturing into idolatry. Some people think FM, or Lindsey, or Stevie, can do no wrong. I am not one of those people. There are some songs I hate, like Family Man, Not That Funny, Jane, and Whole Lotta Trouble. I'm glad you love the new song- maybe it'll catch on with the public.
Totally agree but I do like the song. I just wish it didn't sound like one of his solo albums.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Totally agree but I do like the song. I just wish it didn't sound like one of his solo albums.
totally opposite for me! i don't like the song - and i wish it sounded like his solo albums. but it doesn't, not really. i would never love or even bother to listen to Lindsey as a solo artist (and i love him more solo than as FM artist, in case anyone's still wondering lol) if his solo music was like this.