The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What can Stevie do to win back the many long time fans she’s lost the last few years?

Is there anything she can do? She’s refused to record a new album, had Lindsey kicked out, has become a dictator...

Could anything redeem her in her lost fan base and Fleetwood Mac’s fanbase? The question needs to be asked.

Personally, I think she needs to show some humility. That might help. She seems like a taker and I think she needs to start giving, without wanting anything in return.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's too late for that, imo. $he's THE STAR, the first woman to be doubly inducted... THE BO$$.

Although $he goes by different names in my house.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's too late for that, imo. $he's THE STAR, the first woman to be doubly inducted... THE BO$$.

Although $he goes by different names in my house.
How can a person who wrote Landslide, a song about reflection, not see her onwn ugly negative reflection right now and want to be redeemed???
Old 02-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I first read the thread title I thought it was a "yes-no" poll.

My answer is no.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
How can a person who wrote Landslide, a song about reflection, not see her onwn ugly negative reflection right now and want to be redeemed???
Lots of money, lots of yes people, and old AF. #bitterhag
Old 02-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This is what I try to remember about her, these fabulous songs she wrote.
I don’t excuse what she’s done, because the situation now is unforgivable.
But I can’t turn away from all of her wonderful poetic songs.

What can she do to regain the love of her fans....I’m not sure she knows the distress she’s caused.
I can’t imagine her changing anything about herself now, she has too big an ego for that.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Her penance shall be

1. Apologize. Publically. Admit her guilt.
2. Partner with Lindsey to release Buckingham Nicks box set retrospective with the Coffee Plant demos and some Fritz
3. Do a talk show circuit publicity with LB. And while on it talk about Lindsey the same way she gushed about Tom Petty after he died.
4. Release Rock a Little and OSOTM Expanded editions
5. Submit Fleetwood Mac ALL her demos and let the band choose which to put on a final Fleetwood Mac album
6. Record a Crystal visions 2
7 do one last Fleetwood Mac Rumours tour behind the final album
8. Admit in her autobiography she feels bad about what she did.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not sure she has actually lost fans. It just seems that way in certain online pockets. In the world at large, I don’t think she has, but isn’t it pretty to think so.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am not sure she has actually lost fans. It just seems that way in certain online pockets. In the world at large, I don’t think she has, but isn’t it pretty to think so.
yeah... would be nice if the word is a better place. but it's not.

what she lost in her longtime fans she gained 10x in new oblivious "she's a legendary icon" cool aid drinking ones. and probably about 60-70% if not more of the old ones are still with her and nastier than ever.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
1. Apologize. Publically. Admit her guilt.
2. Partner with Lindsey to release Buckingham Nicks box set retrospective with the Coffee Plant demos and some Fritz
3. Do a talk show circuit publicity with LB. And while on it talk about Lindsey the same way she gushed about Tom Petty after he died.
4. Release Rock a Little and OSOTM Expanded editions
5. Submit Fleetwood Mac ALL her demos and let the band choose which to put on a final Fleetwood Mac album
6. Record a Crystal visions 2
7 do one last Fleetwood Mac Rumours tour behind the final album
8. Admit in her autobiography she feels bad about what she did.
I love this.

We have a better shot at peace in the Middle East. But I love this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Exactly... Unfortunately for we folks who are so disappointed in her... she has more devotees than ever. It's just in our little bubble here (and similar pockets) that people actively dislike her and are upset about "what happened." Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.
yes. i read on twitter some young person saying - Billie Eilish is our generation's Stevie Nicks.

i'm reading that and thinking - how sad that's the general impression out there among teenagers. Billie Eilish certainly appears so much more talented, at way younger age, plus less self-centered, more aware and grounded than Nicks.

one thing that is somewhat similar maybe - like SN, BE has her image and is sticking to it. but hers is not based on sex appeal.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2019, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tour the Buckingham Nicks album and donate her share of the dough to the charity of Lindsey's choice.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Put a spell and hex on the orange one in which case all will be forgiven and she will become a national heroine.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love all of these ideas!!!
Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I love this.

We have a better shot at peace in the Middle East. But I love this.

Exactly... Unfortunately for we folks who are so disappointed in her... she has more devotees than ever. It's just in our little bubble here (and similar pockets) that people actively dislike her and are upset about "what happened." Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.
That can change. You assume that people stay blind. With long Times fans becoming more vocal and speaking out against her on twitter, new fans become aware of her faults. The more they research her, the less likely they may be to embrace her.