Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
EEK - Let's hope its not directed at anyone in FM More likely, it is directed at Eddie Q. as no member of FM has done this severe of a thing to her. Rather, they have praised her, etc.
Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I hope and hope and hope the songs are mostly sparse and the spotlight is on the piano, which I love from her. But, I am sure the entire thing will be great because she rarely does anything wrong IMO
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

Are you getting this, Christine?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Maybe she's pissed off at Lindsey for hinting the band was better off without her.
FOUL

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hmmmmm. There have been some questionable album shots of Stevie, but I'll leave it at that.

Let's face it, both women get airbrushed for the album covers. Even the other members get airbrushed. It's normal. The cover looks like Christine to me, but like I said, let's wait before actually passing judgement until we see a good representation of the cover; the one on the Sanctuary website isn't one. Give the woman a break.
Exactly! Well said.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:01 AM

Quote:
FOUL

LB said that the band was doing well without her and her absence forced them into a diff. sound, which he was proud of. There is a difference.
Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this:

And this:

And this:
Old 04-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
FOUL

Yeah but he also said that her material was not "emotionally incisive" and something to the effect that her songs didn't work too well live. It's always struck me that he's been a bit defensive about her absence - god knows why there's no need - I prefer the band with her in it but that's a personal choice.

Still I don't think the songs are directed at him - more likely her ex
Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Read between the lines, my friend. He was glad to be rid of her.

He was doing this:

And this:

And this:
I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-28-2004, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I just did not get that. I thought they were all, esp. Stevie, very respectful of her. I think LB was just being philosophical in LB speak when he said that. But, I see others did not.
This is where, as a typical Lindsey fan, I say: Dude, I was kidding!
Old 04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
I was thinking Loretta Swit.
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...

ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.

Last edited by joe; 04-28-2004 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
i don't think you can compare stevie to all of this. with the exception of aging and weight gain, she does not look all that different to me. she's still recognizable as her old self.
Have you seen the Dance cover, the Street Angel cover, and some of the shots in the SYW cover? C'mon now. On SA, it looks like someone went way overboard on the airbrush. She doesn't look like herself on the Dance, and in SYW, some of those shots are obviously touched. All you have to do is go to a Mac concert, front row, and look up. And some of the touch ups in the Destiny Rules doc were so apparrent; I mean, she looked twenty in some shots.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Or Goodmorning Dr.Plastic?

Perhaps. I like the cover even though it looks nothing like her. The Dance album cover was totally airbrushed too. Christine didn't look like herself on that cover either, both she and Stevie looked about 10 years younger than they were. Loved Chris's hair extensions though.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
yes! i was thinking of someone and she's close to who i'm thinking of...

ok, personally, i don't like the cover because it looks NOTHING like Christine to me. It's one thing to do some touch ups to compliment your features but to do it to the point that it makes you unrecognizable is absurd to me. i thought the dance cover made christine look like bonnie tyler. i'll take the big nose/skinny body/apple witch look anyday. that gave her character.

i do realize that the picture is not that clear and is small so maybe it'll look more like her on the actual cd. but i think that's stretching it though. i think she actually looks now the way she did when she accepted that award last year. when i first saw that, it was obvious that she had something done but it wasn't that extreme.

i don't understand why it seems that we've become so fixated on plastic surgery and, in some cases, yearning to look like "famous" people. it's a real pathetic society if that's what we've progressed toward. MTV has that "i want a famous face" which i can't even go into. what is wrong with what God gave you?
i understand "correcting" some minor flaws but it just seems that in a society that is supposedly condemning the emphasis on beauty, we seem to not be practicing what we preach.
Why can't beauty be looking the way you want to look. I think criticizing someone for the way they look is worse. While I agree our society has it's priorities out of whack, I think men and women should look the way they want to. I personally would never change my face, but I'm not in show business. I'm just a choir singer LOL, and nobody looks at me .

I could almost guarentee if you met Stevie or Christine, Cher, or even some male celebs, they would look totally different without their make-up.

Give her a break she's worked her ass off for over 30 years! Let her have some limelight!
Old 04-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope it's not. Sorry, piano in pop music is usually quite cheesy. There are the brilliant exceptions of course: Songbird, Let It Be.

Give me some shimmering guitars, a few power chords and a kick-ass drum beat. Bury the keyboard and use the piano tastefully, if at all.

So I take it you're not a big Elton John fan.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 AM

Quote:

I take it ur not a Billy Joel fan.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you got it backwards there. I'll take Christine's piano & Hammond organ any day.

Last edited by macfan 57; 04-28-2004 at 10:57 AM..