Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well I'm more like Louie. It could be 90-95 and sunny, 365 days a year, in my world. Seriously. I love heat, and the naked 4AM pool parties associated with heat.

Maybe it's not the heat so much as the humidity... I HATE humidity! We don't get dry heat here, only humid-awful-hair-frizzing-torture.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's time to get wifi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wifi1.jpg (20.2 KB, 9 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've been watching the show 'Doc Martin' lately & that alone has really warmed me up to the idea of visiting England at some point. I love English history & architecture, but I have zero tolerance for northern climates. Even the winters here in Austin are too cold for me!
I agree about the sunny comment, too but The Ledge doesn't let us have more than one quote unless lots of windows and cut and pasting occurs. ANYWAY. England is so beautiful. I love living here.

Not a huge Doc Martin fan but if anyone so much as mentions it around me I have to remind them that I'm meeting Louise Jameson (Eleanor Glasson) in June because she used to play Leela in Doctor Who

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
England is so beautiful. I love living here.
I wish I lived in a part of England that would allow me to love living here. But my hometown is anything but nice. I'm dearly looking forward to being able to fly the nest and go off to see the world. I'm actually currently looking at overseas voluntary opportunities with Amnesty International. It just feels like something I'm meant to do.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've been watching the show 'Doc Martin' lately & that alone has really warmed me up to the idea of visiting England at some point. I love English history & architecture, but I have zero tolerance for northern climates. Even the winters here in Austin are too cold for me!
Awww, England is beautiful. On a day like yesterday i just felt all warm inside (and not because of the heat ha!) I feel really proud to be English. I love my hometown too (Birmingham) and the country side is wonderful and nothing makes me happier than the smell of Camden town. The hustle and bustle of London excites me, no matter how many times i go and how long i spend there I always feel like i'm on an adventure. (That sounds lame).

I think if you get the chance you should visit here. There is always so much to do and see sometimes i feel a tourist (because of all the things to be discoveerd) in my hometown where I have lived all my life. I sound like I am doing an England promotional tour speech ahaaha. Seriously though I am incredibly proud of my home land.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
Awww, England is beautiful. On a day like yesterday i just felt all warm inside (and not because of the heat ha!) I feel really proud to be English. I love my hometown too (Birmingham) and the country side is wonderful and nothing makes me happier than the smell of Camden town. The hustle and bustle of London excites me, no matter how many times i go and how long i spend there I always feel like i'm on an adventure. (That sounds lame).

I think if you get the chance you should visit here. There is always so much to do and see sometimes i feel a tourist (because of all the things to be discoveerd) in my hometown where I have lived all my life. I sound like I am doing an England promotional tour speech ahaaha. Seriously though I am incredibly proud of my home land.
Y R U NOT PRIME MINISTER?!?!

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 03-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
Y R U NOT PRIME MINISTER?!?!
AHAHA I think I would be a great Prime Minister, I would have Madonna Monday and Fleetwood Mac Friday and on these days at noon everything stops for four minutes and we all sing a song of these artists on their day. Words like spiffing would be used by everyone on a daily basis and men would wear top hats and ladies nice dresses. Oh and I would drop student fees and slap David Cameron. I don't spend any time at all thinking about what I would do if I was Prime Minister, nope not at all.

P.s I feel so sick right now I want to cry.

Last edited by wild-heart; 03-27-2012 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Nothing worse...

than catching some damn virus that is going around - been sick since Monday, but at least today I am starting to feel a bit better.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
than catching some damn virus that is going around - been sick since Monday, but at least today I am starting to feel a bit better.
Glad you're starting to feel better. There's something going around my house too - both my sisters have been ill this week.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Why - when I tell people that I don't like children - do they look at me as though I've just slaughtered a Goat right in front of them? I don't know what the big deal is. Some people don't like Cats. Doesn't mean I wan't to slap them in the face. It's a free world, baby.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Why - when I tell people that I don't like children - do they look at me as though I've just slaughtered a Goat right in front of them? I don't know what the big deal is. Some people don't like Cats. Doesn't mean I wan't to slap them in the face. It's a free world, baby.
Me and Rob regularly bond over how much we hate children, you aren't alone mate! And we love cats as well!!

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
Me and Rob regularly bond over how much we hate children, you aren't alone mate! And we love cats as well!!
I know plenty of people who share my feelings, one being my best friend. I mentioned it to somebody the other day and she reacted with such contempt and disgust. It really shocked me, actually. I can't help the fact that children physically repulse me. It's just in my nature. But this woman couldn't see past the accepted role of women as 'nurturers'. I'm just not cut from that cloth. Oh well. Bugger her. That's her pejorative.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know plenty of people who share my feelings, one being my best friend. I mentioned it to somebody the other day and she reacted with such contempt and disgust. It really shocked me, actually. I can't help the fact that children physically repulse me. It's just in my nature. But this woman couldn't see past the accepted role of women as 'nurturers'. I'm just not cut from that cloth. Oh well. Bugger her. That's her pejorative.
Dislike children, always have, always will. Never wanted them, never will.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't help the fact that children physically repulse me.
This is interesting. That's such a strong statement; I can't imagine why anyone would feel that way. I think this has been discussed here before though, hasn't it?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Dislike children, always have, always will. Never wanted them, never will.
Haha, y'all stop being me. While I don't necessarily hate the RARE, occasional ~good~ child, I tend to usually avoid them like the Black Plague.

My thought to them.....
"Enough, with the non-stop questions! STFU!!!"

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-31-2012 at 03:10 AM..