Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego Show, 12/2/14

Who's going besides me? I managed to pull a pair of row 11, side stage, Christine's sude last week. Should be cool seats from what I've read here about seats in that area for shows. I'm in section P. It's supposed to rain all day/night today, so I guess I'll bring an umbrella.

- Jamie
Old 12-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Who's going besides me? I managed to pull a pair of row 11, side stage, Christine's sude last week. Should be cool seats from what I've read here about seats in that area for shows. I'm in section P. It's supposed to rain all day/night today, so I guess I'll bring an umbrella.

- Jamie
You probably are the only one, tickets for that show are/were ridiculous!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a nice little arena. I saw them there July 2013. Enjoy the show!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

My parents are on their way now, so jealous! I graduated college in that theater and saw FM there last year, there really aren't too many bad seats! Have fun!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys- I made it down to the stage even before they did their first song. It was like a dream We were between Stevie snd Christine. More later...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Guys- I made it down to the stage even before they did their first song. It was like a dream We were between Stevie snd Christine. More later...
Wow .Thats great for you.I cant wait for your review.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night was AMAZING. We got to the venue gates to see that they weren’t letting people in yet. (Doors open at 7 and it was 6:40) It was raining and we were sharing an umbrella. We took cover under a 101.5 KGB tent that kept us dry until the gates opened.

After we got in, we found our seats. We had section P, side stage, 11th row. Not bad at all. But we were in for something even better.

I'm not going to go into exactly how we got to the front row. I'll just say it was a combination of luck and a little help from a friend. When we got down to our *new* seats, I said, “Is this really happening right now??” I was trying to play it cool too – as to not irritate the people behind me like, who are these chicks and why are THEY here? About 2 minutes later our Stevie friend Cellene was able to acquire in the 2 seats to our left. We were like, No way! We all hugged and basked in our good fortune. I couldn’t believe what was happening – was this where we were going to be able to be for the concert – for real? OMG! We were right between Christine's keyboard and Stevie's mic. This could not be any more perfect for us!

We sat and talked with our friends for a few more minutes. I remember praying that this is indeed where we will stay and hopefully not be moved. (I’m guessing our seats went unsold which were why they were empty. These seats were selling for at least $2860 each on Ticketmaster’s resale. Someone wanted too much and we reaped the benefit of that.)
The “crickets” started. We were going to be here for sure! The lights went out and we stood up at the stage. I was just to the right of Stevie’s monitor and Kim was on my left. This was happening. The stage was tall – just under my chin. The band came out and we cheered so loud. We looked up and saw Christine looking down at us, smiling. We said, “Chistine!!” She smiled and waved at us. Stevie came out over to her mic and we of course went nuts.
We both noticed that Stevie seemed a little down in the beginning of the show. She dedicated Landslide to a friend of hers that was battling an illness (“Holly”?) Towards the end of the song, Stevie was tearing up and her eyes were red. Really emotional. Afterward, she said, “God Bless you, Holly.” Stevie looked like she needed a hug. After the next song, NGBA, Stevie was standing in the dark facing Micks’ drum set. Lindsey went over to her and hugged her. Kim yelled out, “Good boy!” LOL. So it seems Lindsey still pays attention to Stevie and knows her very well. She needed a hug and he gave it to her. After that, Stevie’s mood totally changed. She is a person that wears her emotions on her sleeve, or in her case, her shawl. I’m glad LB recognized she needed some extra love and gave it to her. She was on fire and smiling the rest of the way through. So, thanks, Lindsey. I shouted out at Stevie a couple times. It made her smile when I said, “Coven!” right before Seven Wonders. Another time she smiled at me in between songs when I yelled, “24 Karat Gold!!”

Kim got to shake Christine’s hand. Christine was shaking hands with someone to Kim’s left, and Kim held out her hand and Chris smiled at her and shook it. I could of held my hand up as well, but I didn’t want to start a chain of shaking hands Christine would have to deal with, LOL. I noticed Christine’s eyes are really light and pretty. I know what her eyes looked like before from videos, etc. But in person they’re really beautiful. She smiled at us a lot too. Very cool.
Lindsey came over to where we were during I’m So Afraid and played right above us. I was even the chosen one to get fake-kicked in the face at the end of the solo. I was honored, of course. Lindsey also gave us a few finger points when he was on the other side of the stage as we sang along.
Stevie didn’t do her post show speech. Just Mick - likely because she had to meet with the winner of the charity contest backstage after the show. They also had a show the next night.
Oh, I also noticed that security wasn't letting anyone but the front row to the stage. I noticed that has varied this tour. Frankly though, I think any seat is good in the first 5 rows, as long as you're relatively in the middle.

I have video of GDW and Gypsy that I plan to upload to Youtube tonight or tomorrow. I will post the link after I do so. I also got a few good photos. I didn’t take a ton though – I wanted to enjoy the show and also not irritate the band with constant phone in their faces. I am still in a daze from how wonderful last night was. I woke up this morning going, was that a dream?

Nope. All real.

Jamie
Old 12-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Jamie, I am so happy for you!! What an awesome night!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Last night was AMAZING. We got to the venue gates to see that they weren’t letting people in yet. (Doors open at 7 and it was 6:40) It was raining and we were sharing an umbrella. We took cover under a 101.5 KGB tent that kept us dry until the gates opened.

After we got in, we found our seats. We had section P, side stage, 11th row. Not bad at all. But we were in for something even better.

I'm not going to go into exactly how we got to the front row. I'll just say it was a combination of luck and a little help from a friend. When we got down to our *new* seats, I said, “Is this really happening right now??” I was trying to play it cool too – as to not irritate the people behind me like, who are these chicks and why are THEY here? About 2 minutes later our Stevie friend Cellene was able to acquire in the 2 seats to our left. We were like, No way! We all hugged and basked in our good fortune. I couldn’t believe what was happening – was this where we were going to be able to be for the concert – for real? OMG! We were right between Christine's keyboard and Stevie's mic. This could not be any more perfect for us!

We sat and talked with our friends for a few more minutes. I remember praying that this is indeed where we will stay and hopefully not be moved. (I’m guessing our seats went unsold which were why they were empty. These seats were selling for at least $2860 each on Ticketmaster’s resale. Someone wanted too much and we reaped the benefit of that.)
The “crickets” started. We were going to be here for sure! The lights went out and we stood up at the stage. I was just to the right of Stevie’s monitor and Kim was on my left. This was happening. The stage was tall – just under my chin. The band came out and we cheered so loud. We looked up and saw Christine looking down at us, smiling. We said, “Chistine!!” She smiled and waved at us. Stevie came out over to her mic and we of course went nuts.
We both noticed that Stevie seemed a little down in the beginning of the show. She dedicated Landslide to a friend of hers that was battling an illness (“Holly”?) Towards the end of the song, Stevie was tearing up and her eyes were red. Really emotional. Afterward, she said, “God Bless you, Holly.” Stevie looked like she needed a hug. After the next song, NGBA, Stevie was standing in the dark facing Micks’ drum set. Lindsey went over to her and hugged her. Kim yelled out, “Good boy!” LOL. So it seems Lindsey still pays attention to Stevie and knows her very well. She needed a hug and he gave it to her. After that, Stevie’s mood totally changed. She is a person that wears her emotions on her sleeve, or in her case, her shawl. I’m glad LB recognized she needed some extra love and gave it to her. She was on fire and smiling the rest of the way through. So, thanks, Lindsey. I shouted out at Stevie a couple times. It made her smile when I said, “Coven!” right before Seven Wonders. Another time she smiled at me in between songs when I yelled, “24 Karat Gold!!”

Kim got to shake Christine’s hand. Christine was shaking hands with someone to Kim’s left, and Kim held out her hand and Chris smiled at her and shook it. I could of held my hand up as well, but I didn’t want to start a chain of shaking hands Christine would have to deal with, LOL. I noticed Christine’s eyes are really light and pretty. I know what her eyes looked like before from videos, etc. But in person they’re really beautiful. She smiled at us a lot too. Very cool.
Lindsey came over to where we were during I’m So Afraid and played right above us. I was even the chosen one to get fake-kicked in the face at the end of the solo. I was honored, of course. Lindsey also gave us a few finger points when he was on the other side of the stage as we sang along.
Stevie didn’t do her post show speech. Just Mick - likely because she had to meet with the winner of the charity contest backstage after the show. They also had a show the next night.
Oh, I also noticed that security wasn't letting anyone but the front row to the stage. I noticed that has varied this tour. Frankly though, I think any seat is good in the first 5 rows, as long as you're relatively in the middle.

I have video of GDW and Gypsy that I plan to upload to Youtube tonight or tomorrow. I will post the link after I do so. I also got a few good photos. I didn’t take a ton though – I wanted to enjoy the show and also not irritate the band with constant phone in their faces. I am still in a daze from how wonderful last night was. I woke up this morning going, was that a dream?

Nope. All real.

Jamie

I'm so happy that you guys had a amazing night.Lucked out on good no show seats .I'm glad you guys kept dry and not swamping wet for the show.I had those wet days at Jones Beach shows.

That was nice they interact with you two.Thats another reason I love this band. I would be honored if it happen to me.They also recognized you two.

Nah..I probably could not sleep after that kind of night.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm so happy that you guys had a amazing night.Lucked out on good no show seats .I'm glad you guys kept dry and not swamping wet for the show.I had those wet days at Jones Beach shows.

That was nice they interact with you two.Thats another reason I love this band. I would be honored if it happen to me.They also recognized you two.

Nah..I probably could not sleep after that kind of night.
Well, I don't know if they recognized us. Stevie, maybe. Be nice if she did. I'll have to ask her one day if we have ever looked familiar to her.

I did have trouble sleeping the 4 hours I had available last night. I made it to work though. It was all worth it.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Jamie,

I'm so happy you guys got to the front! I think there is a video on Instagram of people shaking Christine's hand, too.
You are correct when you say LB knows Stevie very well. Probably better than anyone on the planet and he does take care of her.
Did you see any young females being led up in front of LB?
Old 12-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Jamie,

I'm so happy you guys got to the front! I think there is a video on Instagram of people shaking Christine's hand, too.
You are correct when you say LB knows Stevie very well. Probably better than anyone on the planet and he does take care of her.
Thanks! I'll have to try to find that instagram video for Kim.

Yes. There were about 12 girls that were rounded up.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I'll have to try to find that instagram video for Kim.

Yes. There were about 12 girls that were rounded up.
Rats. I was hoping only the true fans got up front. Anyway glad you made it up there. It's the best.
Let me see if I can send you the link.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Jamie,

Yes, thanks for the NGBA hug detail in particular. Fourth time that's occurred now (was skipped at both LA shows) and we still don't have clear footage of it.

Thanks for the review, and for the pictures on Twitter too - nice shots! x

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I don't know if they recognized us. Stevie, maybe. Be nice if she did. I'll have to ask her one day if we have ever looked familiar to her.

I did have trouble sleeping the 4 hours I had available last night. I made it to work though. It was all worth it.
I have a feeling Stevie did see you two even Mick too from behind his drum kit.I dont know how good his eyes are.

I had a feeling you had alittle trouble sleeping.I know I do after Stevie/FM shows.