Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lucky In Love-The Best of Rick Vito

This is coming out pretty soon..can't wait,the tracklisting's great,long overdue imo!

1. Mr. Lucky
2. Walk Another Mile
3. Desiree
4. Blues Town
5. Little Sheba
6. Rhumba Diablo
7. I Do Believe
8. I Loved Another Women
9. Homework
10. Feels Just Like Home
11. Long Black Car
12. Meet Me At Midnight
13. Everybody Gets Lucky Sometime
14. Exotica By Night
15. Battlesnake Shake
16. Black Crow Blues
17. Love In Dangerous
18. Talk That Talk
19. A Change Is Gonna Come
Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw a picture of the CD cover -- -- a sexy blonde pin-up girl with a snake wrapped around her body, wonderfully tacky-cool 50's kitsch, exactly what you'd expect from Rick.

Good selection! Love is Dangerous is probably his later remake, but I like the original BTM version better. I wish I'll Never Leave This Love Alive was here too, it's one of my favorite songs. I admire Rick's loyalty to his classic 'roots' blues, but I liked him best when he kicked a little more rock into it....
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The release date for Lucky In Love was January 26th. I found it on amazon uk, but not on the US amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Rick-Vi.../dp/B001M5S56I

What really puzzles me is why there's absolutely nothing about this new 'Best Of' release on Rick's website. If you're gonna release something like this, wouldn't it make sense to plug it -- or at least mention it -- on your own website?!?!?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
What really puzzles me is why there's absolutely nothing about this new 'Best Of' release on Rick's website. If you're gonna release something like this, wouldn't it make sense to plug it -- or at least mention it -- on your own website?!?!?
My guess is that this is something Hypertension is releasing on their own since they own the rights to these recordings (though granted they probably had to license the KOH tracks for inclusion on this comp). Whio knows though.

John
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
This is coming out pretty soon..can't wait,the tracklisting's great,long overdue imo!

1. Mr. Lucky
2. Walk Another Mile
3. Desiree
4. Blues Town
5. Little Sheba
6. Rhumba Diablo
7. I Do Believe
8. I Loved Another Women
9. Homework
10. Feels Just Like Home
11. Long Black Car
12. Meet Me At Midnight
13. Everybody Gets Lucky Sometime
14. Exotica By Night
15. Battlesnake Shake
16. Black Crow Blues
17. Love In Dangerous
18. Talk That Talk
19. A Change Is Gonna Come
Can anybody source from which albums the above originally appeared?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Can anybody source from which albums the above originally appeared?
If I get them right, do I win something?

I'll try:
Walk Another Mile & Desiree (which would mean Stevie is also on this album)from King Of Hearts (1992) (Walk Another Mile was also redone on the Rattlesnake Shake album)

Homework & Loved Another Woman from Pink & Black (1998)

Long Black Car, Meet Me at Midnite, Rhumba Diablo, Exotica By Night, & Feels Like Home from Lucky Devils (2000)

Everybody Gets Lucky Sometime, the remake of Love Is Dangerous, and the John Lee Hooker song Mr Lucky (John Lee had just passed away and this was Rick's tribute to him) -- Crazy Cool (2001)

Blues Town & Little Sheba from Band Box Boogie (2003) (a very creative 'big band' sounding album -- I also love The Ways of Sin & Where Did You Go Bettie Page?, wish they were on here too)

Rattlesnake Shake from Rattlesnake Shake (2005)

I Do Believe, Black Crow Blues & A Change Is Gonna Come (an instrumental version of the the Sam Cooke song) from Talk That Talk (2006 UK, 2008 US)

So let me know if I win a prize -- a copy of Blue Again would be nice....

(My Cheat Sheet here: http://www.fmlegacy.com/RVofficialalbums.htm -- with audio clips. )

Last edited by OldTimer; 01-30-2009 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: had 'I Do Believe' twice....
Old 01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Sounds right to me, and yeah I forgot about the WAM re-recording so I bet that's the version they used (and therefore, Hypertension probably didn't need to license anything from KOH after all).

John
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Sounds right to me, and yeah I forgot about the WAM re-recording so I bet that's the version they used (and therefore, Hypertension probably didn't need to license anything from KOH after all).

John
Thanks John! I know nothing about the licensing part of it, so it's good to hear from someone who does. But what about Desiree? I can't imagine it's been re-done. Would there be a problem with Hypertension taking that song from KOH -- Stevie Nicks included?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
My guess is that this is something Hypertension is releasing on their own since they own the rights to these recordings (though granted they probably had to license the KOH tracks for inclusion on this comp). Whio knows though.

John
That's exactly the case.....I asked Rick about it, and he said he's trying to get a few copies from Hypertension to sell thru his site, but no luck so far!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I asked Rick about it .....
Cool! -- someone who's had a chance to speak with the source himself!
Can we bribe you to tell us more, Fannymac?

So Hypertension isn't even working with the artist himself to sell his own CD's? What sense does that make? Ah, the business side of the music biz ....too much for a simple mind like mine to understand.

Anyway, back to your exchange with Rick....we'd like more details, please.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Thanks John! I know nothing about the licensing part of it, so it's good to hear from someone who does. But what about Desiree? I can't imagine it's been re-done. Would there be a problem with Hypertension taking that song from KOH -- Stevie Nicks included?
Well, that's my guess, I don't really know about the licensing, though that's a good point you have there about Desiree, as far as I know there hasn't been another version of that, so yeah, they would've had to at least license that.

Shame about Hypertension not working w/Rick on the comp, I wonder if his association with Hypertension is now over? Would make sense if they've put out a comp of his stuff, he hasn't recorded anything with them since '06 now etc. I mean, even if I was a label that wasn't going to pick up a contract renewal on one of my artists, if they wanted to get involved in trying to sell the comp we just put out, I wouldn't complain about getting the free promotion, but their choice I guess.

John
Old 02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cool! -- someone who's had a chance to speak with the source himself!
Can we bribe you to tell us more, Fannymac?

So Hypertension isn't even working with the artist himself to sell his own CD's? What sense does that make? Ah, the business side of the music biz ....too much for a simple mind like mine to understand.

Anyway, back to your exchange with Rick....we'd like more details, please.
I wish I could fill in more deails, but that was pretty much the extent of the e-mail.....I wrote him to ask if this was a legit release (I saw it on E-Bay), and he wrote back saying yes, that he's trying to get a few from Hypertension, but has had no luck so far.
I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone end up getting this? How is it?

Now avail on iTunes for $9.99

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/luc...ck/id324448915

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bought this directly through Rick himself last year. I was lacking in my Rick Vito CD's and so I ordered several from his website. This one included. All I can say is that I love it!!

On a side note, I just want to mention how gracious and friendly and responsive Rick was with me during the process of ordering my CD's. It just so happened that at the same time I put in my order, he was in the process of moving back to Nashville from Hawaii. Basically my order got lost in the shuffle. I contacted him after it had been some time and still no CD's. He was all over it. Part of my order was unavailable, so he offered something else and at my earlier request, autographed each CD with a different, personal autograph. Those CD's are some of my most prized musical possessions now!!!! What a great guy!

Thanks again Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!