Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I really, really hope she does not do Landslide... her standing there with Mike on guitar doing a sad, lame version of her doing the song with Lindsey would just be a bit pathetic.
She will do Insider instead. This tour is Stevie's tribute to Tom.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really, really hope she does not do Landslide... her standing there with Mike on guitar doing a sad, lame version of her doing the song with Lindsey would just be a bit pathetic.
Does she do any Fleetwood Mac on her solo tours with Watchell? Yes? Then any of those are probably ust as likely to turn up without Lindsey, because she plays them without him all the time.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Now that Neil Finn is in the band I a wondering if Mick will allow each singer "one" solo/previous band song as he has often done in the past.

With that being said, I think the Mac could do "Don't Dream it is over" much justice with drums/bass. Neil could let Stevie sing the second verse. It is right in her timbre!
Old 04-11-2018, 02:44 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She will do Insider instead. This tour is Stevie's tribute to Tom.
I agree and because this will be her tribute to Tom/playing with Mike she will COOK every night. I have no doubt she will bring her A game on this tour
Old 04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Does she do any Fleetwood Mac on her solo tours with Watchell? Yes? Then any of those are probably ust as likely to turn up without Lindsey, because she plays them without him all the time.
I get that, I've been to her solo tours.

What I'm saying is under the circumstances, and given that within FLEETWOOD MAC shows it was a signature piece performed by her AND Lindsey alone onstage, it would be inappropriate to do.

See this is the thing that concerns many of us-- this is NOT a Stevie solo show, it's a MAC show. But now MAC shows will turn into STEVIE solo shows.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get that, I've been to her solo tours.

What I'm saying is under the circumstances, and given that within FLEETWOOD MAC shows it was a signature piece performed by her AND Lindsey alone onstage, it would be inappropriate to do.

See this is the thing that concerns many of us-- this is NOT a Stevie solo show, it's a MAC show. But now MAC shows will turn into STEVIE solo shows.

They did both Landslide and Go Your Own Way on the BTM tour. They played Don't Let Me Down Again on the STC tour. I don't think they'll be too worried about doing Landslide, or Lindsey's songs, for that matter.

I am guessing they will pull at least one of her solo hits, but I'm expecting a set with quite a few early songs. I bet Neil and Mike could nail some Danny Kirwan tunes.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, not exactly. It would be a Christine and Stevie outing, wouldn't it? Does anyone think Christine is a wilting lily?
Old 04-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Well, not exactly. It would be a Christine and Stevie outing, wouldn't it? Does anyone think Christine is a wilting lily?
This is basically a Nicks tour let's face it. Will she talk a lot? Ignore that Lindsey basically helped make her famous by not letting them take him without her? We shall see.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Exactly. She's been playing Landslide without him for years.

An unpopular opinion alert: I think at this point I might prefer Landslide without Lindsey. Ever since The Dance it seems that there has been, like, the obligatory Landslide hugging business. I admit to being a sucker for that the first time (anyone remember The Dance merch? still have the t-shirt with their hugging silhouettes), but in subsequent years it's become obvious that they really can't stand each other. While I'm rolling my eyes over the fact that that a bunch of septuagenarians can't work out their issues...a silver lining for me personally is not having to see the rehearsed "sweet" interactions between Stevie and Lindsey.

And while I hope they change things up in the set list (from a Stevie standpoint I'm hoping for Angel, Straight Back or That's Alight to change things up a bit), the majority of people buying tickets aren't those of us who have seen Rhiannon live a handful of times and heard dozens and dozens of bootlegged versions beyond that. There are some songs that they're just going to have to do. I anticipate Landslide will be one of them. Really, now that I've reached the same milestone age as Rumours, I'd be bummed if Landslide doesn't make an appearance. "I'm getting older too" resonates too darn much.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

01 The Chain
02 You Make Loving Fun
03 Dreams
04 Oh Well
05 Everywhere
06 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Mike Campbell)
07 Hold Me
08 Angel
09 Rattlesnake Shake
10 Say You Love Me
11 Sara
12 Albatross
13 Landslide
14 Brown Eyes
15 Gypsy
16 Little Lies
17 Don't Dream Its Over
18 Gold Dust Woman
19 Isn't It Midnight
20 Go Your Own Way
21 Don't Stop
22 Silver Springs
23 Songbird

Maybe not in that order but I am predicting at least 85% of that list be what we get.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
01 The Chain
02 You Make Loving Fun
03 Dreams
04 Oh Well
05 Everywhere
06 Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Mike Campbell)
07 Hold Me
08 Angel
09 Rattlesnake Shake
10 Say You Love Me
11 Sara
12 Albatross
13 Landslide
14 Brown Eyes
15 Gypsy
16 Little Lies
17 Don't Dream Its Over
18 Gold Dust Woman
19 Isn't It Midnight
20 Go Your Own Way
21 Don't Stop
22 Silver Springs
23 Songbird

Maybe not in that order but I am predicting at least 85% of that list be what we get.
They aren't going to leave out Rhiannon- that's her signature Fleetwood Mac song. I think it highly likely they'd play Stand Back. Cant see Silver Springs being played. I can also see Gypsy being passed over. I think there's a good chance of an older Christine McVie song.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
They aren't going to leave out Rhiannon- that's her signature Fleetwood Mac song. I think it highly likely they'd play Stand Back. Cant see Silver Springs being played. I can also see Gypsy being passed over. I think there's a good chance of an older Christine McVie song.
*Please be Why. Please be Why. Please be Why.*

Agree with the rest of your assessment too.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
*Please be Why. Please be Why. Please be Why.*

Agree with the rest of your assessment too.

I'd love, love, love for it to be Why. It would be interesting to hear what Mike Campbell's guitar and Neil Finn's vocals would bring to that. We've had two versions of that song so far so I'd love to hear what the new configuration could do with it. I don't think they'll pull that out though. I think it more likely they'll go for an uptempo jaunty number like Believe Me.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why on earth would you want to spend so much money on a fake FM? It's going to have ZERO magic and Lindsey's ghost will be haunting the stage. I went to the 87 show? They sounded FINE, but zero magic. Never again.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why on earth would you want to spend so much money on a fake FM? It's going to have ZERO magic and Lindsey's ghost will be haunting the stage. I went to the 87 show? They sounded FINE, but zero magic. Never again.
Different strokes for different folks?

I don't mean to be flippant, because I would have been gutted if this happened anytime between '97 and '04. I truly do feel badly for those who are deeply upset by this. I guess I'm not as invested now as I was back in the day. Maybe I can't help but be amused by the drama that surrounds this group, even with its members entering their seventh decade? I long ago gave up any hope of a new album or creative direction. After the passings of Glen Frey and Tom Petty, I'm okay with the nostalgia factor. I'm okay with a cash-grab Tour O' the Hits.

Full disclosure: Stevie is my favorite and I'd have just gone to see her solo last year if she came anywhere near where I live. But she didn't, so I'm going to shell out money for mediocre tickets to go see Stevie, Christine, Mick and John for what could be the last time. I'm not going to care that they don't sound like they used to, and while I was disappointed about the Lindsey news...I'm going to take what I can get. And what I'm getting also includes Mike Campbell, which for me is a cool consolation prize.