Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The best way to get Stevie involved in the studio

Here's an idea. Just that - an idea and nothing more.

Why not?

- Add Christine's vocals to all four 2013 E.P. songs
(But: re-record It Takes Times with Chris on piano, change up the accompaniment but keep the melody the same, just add Christine's backing vocals)
The problem with It Takes Time is the piano accompaniment is way too repetitive. Christine could definitely jazz it up a bit and Linds might not mind.
PLUS:
- Ask Stephanie Lynn to contribute ONE brand new song to the album. I understand that she wrote some lyrics following her mother's death? Why not use them for a new song? Maybe a ballad about her mother? I don't know.
THEN:
Make the final new studio album by Fleetwood Mac in this way:
- Sequence it with the re-released EP songs first up
- Followed by Stevie's one new song
- Then all the completed sounds that four of them did in 2014 at Village recorder Studios in Los Angeles e.g. Too Far Gone, Carnival Begin, Red Sun etc.

Is this such a terrible idea? Do you think it would work?

To say, "Hey Stevie. How are you? We were just wondering if you would be able to come into the studio with us four? Don't panic, nothing strenuous. Just one day, in fact. All we want from you is one new song. Not from the vault. We're re-recording the Extended Play songs and they will go on the album, we think. If you like, some vault songs too, would be good but it's not critical. Other than that, just come in for an eight hour day with us, we will do your hours and work around you. Add backing vocals to our songs. What do you say?"

Would she agree, do you think? And why hasn't Lindsey done this already? Or Mick?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
THEN:
Make the final new studio album by Fleetwood Mac in this way:
- Sequence it with the re-released EP songs first up
- Followed by Stevie's one new song
- Then all the completed sounds that four of them did in 2014 at Village recorder Studios in Los Angeles e.g. Too Far Gone, Carnival Begin, Red Sun etc.
Why?

From what we can read into the recent interview Mick gave, they've done all they can to persuade her. He said they've brought out a couple of her old songs and worked on those (I dont know whether he's refering to the EP songs or other old material). She aint interested.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Why?

From what we can read into the recent interview Mick gave, they've done all they can to persuade her. He said they've brought out a couple of her old songs and worked on those (I dont know whether he's refering to the EP songs or other old material). She aint interested.
Mick ought to grow a set and give Stevie Nicks an ultimatum.

Those with long memories will know he has done that before.

Remember the 2012 Playboy interview? Mick said that he believed Fleetwood Mac would never tour again.

The result of that interview? Reasonably soon afterwards Stevie Nicks appeared on the talk show Loose Women and said that there would be another Fleetwood Mac tour and that it was a matter of when, not if, it would happen.

If it worked in 2012 it can work in 2016.

And if it doesn't, what does Mick lose? Nothing much really. He might piss her off a bit, but I'd say they ain't as good friends as they used to be even now anyway.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:04 AM
AlexD
This message has been deleted by AlexD. Reason: It was a bit much
Old 09-01-2016, 09:49 AM

How many times they've done this little acting drama in which they say 'Stevie doesn't want to do this, she doesn't want to do that and we're waiting for her and tried everything to convince her etc'?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rent her a side room with drapes and candles and sketchbooks and notebooks and incense.

And a dream catcher.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Rent her a side room with drapes and candles and sketchbooks and notebooks and incense.

And a dream catcher.

Ha,
One step further...

Stevie, darling. This is the recording studio.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Registered

Old 09-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

At this point, I'm genuinely curious as to what Stevie's reservations are.

I would understand completely if her parents were still alive, and she wanted to spend their remaining time together; but her parents have passed away.

I would get if she didn't want to be the lone female in the studio, being steamrolled by Lindsey. Because let's be honest; John just doesn't give a sh*t and Mick seems to default to the strongest personality; in this case, Lindsey. But Christine is back now, and we all know damned well that Christine has no issues calling a spade a spade.

If she doesn't want Lindsey as a producer, he's already proven he is okay giving up that mantle because Extended Play was an outside job.

If she wanted to do a solo tour, she'd be doing one right now, or would have dates announced for autumn.

If she wanted to work on another solo album, we would have heard about that through her camp, or Dave Stewart's.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what her end game is here.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
At this point, I'm genuinely curious as to what Stevie's reservations are.

I would understand completely if her parents were still alive, and she wanted to spend their remaining time together; but her parents have passed away.

I would get if she didn't want to be the lone female in the studio, being steamrolled by Lindsey. Because let's be honest; John just doesn't give a sh*t and Mick seems to default to the strongest personality; in this case, Lindsey. But Christine is back now, and we all know damned well that Christine has no issues calling a spade a spade.

If she doesn't want Lindsey as a producer, he's already proven he is okay giving up that mantle because Extended Play was an outside job.

If she wanted to do a solo tour, she'd be doing one right now, or would have dates announced for autumn.

If she wanted to work on another solo album, we would have heard about that through her camp, or Dave Stewart's.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what her end game is here.
Actually I'm starting to think she wants to rest. She's pretty old now and she's been lamenting various aches and pains and IF she isn't working on Songs From the Vaults 2 (which I hope and approve of) I think she's taking a sabbatical.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually I'm starting to think she wants to rest. She's pretty old now and she's been lamenting various aches and pains and IF she isn't working on Songs From the Vaults 2 (which I hope and approve of) I think she's taking a sabbatical.
Maybe so, but she's still working with others on their projects (School of Rock, Sheryl Crowe, Tom Petty...). I'm afraid she is just over the FM commitment and over working with LB.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but she's still working with others on their projects (School of Rock, Sheryl Crowe, Tom Petty...). I'm afraid she is just over the FM commitment and over working with LB.
Yes but those are all short una tantum happenings, not commitments that require long hours in the studio everyday. She can just go there to add a bit of vocals on somebody else's song, they chit chat and joke a bit, and then she goes home to sip infusion with furry slippers on.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes but those are all short una tantum happenings, not commitments that require long hours in the studio everyday. She can just go there to add a bit of vocals on somebody else's song, they chit chat and joke a bit, and then she goes home to sip infusion with furry slippers on.
True. Hey, I wouldn't mind if she treated the next Mac album like that either! Contribute two or three songs and then go home while they finish it. But it sounds like she'd rather go out on the road for two years and make big money than contribute nominally to a record.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
True. Hey, I wouldn't mind if she treated the next Mac album like that either! Contribute two or three songs and then go home while they finish it. But it sounds like she'd rather go out on the road for two years and make big money than contribute nominally to a record.
Like another Tango in the Night? Or like Extended Play... no if we got to have just one last album I want one with her songs on it for real. However I think she's resting and then she'll do something solo, a mini tour or 24 karats gold part 2 and finally she'll go back to the band.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=aleuzzi;1189713]Rent her a side room with drapes and candles and sketchbooks and notebooks and incense.

And a dream catcher.[

Aleuzzi, you are SPOT on! Rent the side room and fill it with the things you mentioned, and don't forget to ADD her handlers, Karen, Sharona, Lori, Waddy, and Dave Stewart. YES!! That's the answer, just make her feel like she's recording a "solo" album with her crew in tow.

Let's face it folks, some people just enjoy the process of being BEGGED. Stevie is not alone. I have a few of those folks as family members and co-workers. You know the ones. They will respectfully decline offers, hoping that someone will see them essential enough to BEG for their presence. SO, MICK.....you know what to do! Now let's get to work!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Yep.