Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default USA Weekend Interview

http://partners.usaweekend.com/sept28/

Cover story: Fleetwood Mac
This fall, Fleetwood Mac hits the road with the band's classic lineup featuring Christine McVie, who returns after a 15-year absence. The legendary group talks to USA WEEKEND about McVie's return and preparing for their new tour.

Well, I won't be able to get the print copy of the interview not being in the US and all. However, the cover is...

Thanks for the heads up on this one, WildHearted.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 09-24-2014 at 10:41 AM..
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mick looks so dour in all of these new pics!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That would make a hilarious album cover (band aids included)
Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone know when their taped junket interviews will air? Haven't seen any promotions like they did last year on all the entertainment news shows.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Mick looks so dour in all of these new pics!
He's hungry
Old 09-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That is a fine looking group of folks! Christine looks so hip.

But the Band aids? Seriously!!!!

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 09-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John still looks like he's recovering. I'm glad Christine is coming back. The McVies together at last.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm thrilled that Christine has returned to Fleetwood Mac for so many reasons that I can't even begin to list them all -- but, on that list, is definitely the fact that we've gotten several NEW pics of the band, instead of just re-hashed photos from 2003.

I wonder how many shots Danny Clinch actually took of them back in March. I'm anxious to see more.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very nice. Thank you.

Michele
Old 09-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is the only one who looks like she's enjoying herself. I hope John is strong enough to sustain the tour, and the demands of being on the road don't diminish his health and recovery. They all look a little too moody and gloomy. I wish they would sometimes lighten up a bit. Lindsey and Stevie look they are wearing similar alien uniforms and just disembarked from from their dark force spaceship.

The band-aid concept is creative and serves as a fitting metaphor.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-24-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Christine is the only one who looks like she's enjoying herself. I hope John is strong enough to sustain the tour, and the demands of being on the road don't diminish his health and recovery. They all look a little too moody and gloomy. I wish they would sometimes lighten up a bit. Lindsey and Stevie look they are wearing similar alien uniforms and just disembarked from from their dark force spaceship.

The band-aid concept is creative and serves as a fitting metaphor.

I bet Mick is really excited. From what I always read about him, I get the feeling the band is the most important to him in a like sentimental way. They always say Mick has always held them together. I think Stevie was happy to have Christine back but she probably would have rather it happened in 2008/2009 during the Unleashed tour. Lindsey was probably the biggest bitch out of the four about Christine returning, but they welcomed him back in 1997. John is probably just tired. I'm just glad that one way or another they are all willing to support Christine and do this for her, and the fans of course, who never thought this would happen. I really don't think it's about the money, they all have plenty and they're all about 70 years old, what do they need it for? I really think it's all for Christine and the fans. Yes the tickets are expensive but it's like that for all concerts these days. I have probably spent $5000-$10,000 on tickets in the last year but I don't regret it, I got to cross a lot off my bucket list. Steely Dan, Elton John, and Paul McCartney just to name a few. You can imagine how expensive Paul's tickets were, he was the only show I didn't get seats within the first ten rows. I had to get 12th row lol because his prices were astronomical. Does anyone know the likelihood of The Eagles coming around again? I missed them in 2013 and that's the last band I need to see to cross all my favorite bands off my bucket list.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.
You really read all that from this one picture where they obviously decided not to smile as a group. I don't remember any promotional photo of theirs where they're smiling actually. This is not out of character at all. They must've been miserable their whole career.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 09-24-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL I think those were my collective thoughts about the band right now, sparked by the photo...maybe i'm a little cranky today. I won't deny that. Ha
Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
That would make a hilarious album cover (band aids included)

those bandaids are fkn UGLY
why ruin the pic with that

but yes ... album cover would be hilarious
i love the X over SnL: