The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I don't get the appeal of being right up front. Unless you personally know the artist or could possibly get a beer out of it (not happening at a Mac show), what's the point? I've been up close, and it really didn't justify the exorbitant extra money charged for a ticket, IMO. YMMV.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=BigBigLove;1160394]I hear what you're saying but the problem is that, as others have pointed out today, the 'true' front row has literally 45 minutes worth of an opportunity to go up and stand right in front of the stage before any of the 'young girls' are brought up to the stage. If you have a 'front row' ticket and you don't make it to the stage before the girls are brought up (near the end of "The Chain,") then you don't have the right to complain. You had plenty of a chance.

I'm sorry to point this out, but you are wrong about the show I was at. They were brought up before the lights went down.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Ledgie

It seems like the people who are asking "Who the Hell cares" are the ones who didn't pay $750 (or more) six months before the shows, expecting to be able to go to the front like they'd heard others excitedly talk about all last year, and then have FM's management decide that they weren't worthy of being in the front and have rows of people block their views.

The security staff in San Diego told us that it was the band's decision to only allow the first row up to the stage--not the venue's--and then Ian went around personally choosing the select few he wanted up there. For people who aren't able to see them 6 or 7 times this tour, this is very upsetting. If you were able to see them multiple times and were one of the chosen few, you will never understand--until you're older and it happens to you after you love a band your entire adult life and then have them cast you aside.

This leaves such a bad legacy for them that I hope this is their last tour.

Last edited by TsnFan4Ever; 02-10-2015 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them twice: for Chicago show, last row center, and Columbus, still not on the floor. Great shows. I had to see Christine at least two more times, but I guess I just don't get the need to be right in the very first row. Then again, the band is always been about music and the story for me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as everyone knows, last year more rows than just front were allowed to the stage. guess what? no matter how fast i ran to the stage right in front of me from that front row center seat, there were always at least several people with maybe 15th row face or 2nd row Mick's tickets (many of them here on TL) who tried their hardest to shove me aside.
These comments make me feel pretty good about my own speed. Apparently, I've still got that hustle. I don't like standing because it can only be done at some one else's expense, to their detriment. And sadly, most people don't just stand. They flail and jump and are otherwise obnoxious. I like to see the band at a concert, not someone's outflung elbow. I don't approve of it. But these venues make standing a necessity and in England I was able to stand right under Christine for both of her cameo appearances last year. Now, I realize that was no small feat!

Michele
Old 02-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I guess I don't get the appeal of being right up front. Unless you personally know the artist or could possibly get a beer out of it (not happening at a Mac show), what's the point? I've been up close, and it really didn't justify the exorbitant extra money charged for a ticket, IMO. YMMV.
Because you can get eye contact and more connection with the singers instead of just watching them from a big distance as if you're watching a DVD.

Last edited by twinmatrix; 02-11-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-11-2015, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
It seems like the people who are asking "Who the Hell cares" are the ones who didn't pay $750 (or more) six months before the shows, expecting to be able to go to the front like they'd heard others excitedly talk about all last year, and then have FM's management decide that they weren't worthy of being in the front and have rows of people block their views.
ok just to get something straight:

if you are SN fan who for whatever reason bought VIP ticket on LB's side, you will not even see her if you go to the stage right under Lindsey's mic - which is where fans are brought up from the back. you need to stand a bit back from the stage, otherwise all you will see is Lindsey. if you want to interact with LB during the show, then you may or may not have a problem if you are in the 2nd or 3rd row and there will be people in front of you. if you are on Stevie's/Christine's side, that's NOT where rows of people are brought up or blocking your view.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
It seems like the people who are asking "Who the Hell cares" are the ones who didn't pay $750 (or more) six months before the shows, expecting to be able to go to the front like they'd heard others e is very upsetting.

This leaves such a bad legacy for them that I hope this is their last tour.
I agree with everything you said.

Their actions show their true faces behind the masks.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Because you can get eye contact and more connection with the singers instead of just watching them from a big distance as if you're watching a DVD.
Perhaps you're correct, BUT its near impossible with all the lights for the "performer" to even see you unless they step beyond the lights. My neighbor, who sets up stages in Chicago for the UC and Allstate arena says that when the lights are on the performer, its almost like being blinded and they can see very little beyond where they are standing.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Perhaps you're correct, BUT its near impossible with all the lights for the "performer" to even see you unless they step beyond the lights. My neighbor, who sets up stages in Chicago for the UC and Allstate arena says that when the lights are on the performer, its almost like being blinded and they can see very little beyond where they are standing.
I agree with that, to an extent. But to say that it's near impossible... I disagree. It probably depends on the type of light, direction it's coming, etc.
In December I was in the front row and I got clear eye contact, nods and smiles from Christine, Stevie and Lindsey.
For me, being in the front row, at the stage is fun. But I actually prefer about 3rd row. I'd trade anyone here front row for third in a heartbeat.

Last edited by jkmaletic; 02-11-2015 at 05:08 PM..
Old 02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me, Stevie and Lindsey seem to see into the audience just fine, even when they are standing at their mics and certainly when they come to the foot of the stage.

I'm not sure about Christine. But I've seen the other 2 make contact and they notice things when it comes to people in the first rows. For instance if there's a child at the front, Stevie definitely sees that child and acknowledges it with a smile or nod. The one time Lindsey said to me, "I like your shirt" I wasn't even close to the stage.

Michele
Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
To me, Stevie and Lindsey seem to see into the audience just fine, even when they are standing at their mics and certainly when they come to the foot of the stage.

I'm not sure about Christine. But I've seen the other 2 make contact and they notice things when it comes to people in the first rows. For instance if there's a child at the front, Stevie definitely sees that child and acknowledges it with a smile or nod. The one time Lindsey said to me, "I like your shirt" I wasn't even close to the stage.

Michele
What was on your shirt?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Ledgie

Elle,

I had second row center--which would have had a perfect view of Stevie if there weren't lots of people brought up from the back to be placed right in front of us while they made those of us who paid for the VIP seats in the 2nd row stay at our seats. Because so many people were on Lindsey's side, lots of people came over to the center section and crowded in so that our second row seat became essentially a 6th or 7th row seat. What's especially upsetting is that last year and even the first few concerts this year, the people in the first few rows were allowed to go up to the stage. If I had known that we were not going to be allowed to do the same, I would have never wasted my money on the VIP ticket.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Standing at front

I witnessed the bands security guy take a group of about 15 to 20 young teenage girls from the foyer right to the front of the stage in front of LB, this guy then refused me to go to the front from my 3rd row seat.

Who are these girls? Where do they find so many young girls that want to see Fleetwood Mac? I am sure they dont even know who the band is. Do they get paid ? How do these guys get away with this behaviour? There is something way wrong with this set up. We have paid high prices for great seats and unless we stand we dont see over the gaggle of boozed up girls flirting with LB! I dont mind standing but at least let people who have paid high prices the choice to be at the front. The venue security have no control over this activity, it is purely the bands security that dictates who gets to the stage.

I am quite disgusted and will be writing a strong letter to the Mac organisation. I realise this topic has been discussed on other threads but to be honest I didnt believe it was real as hadn't seen with my own eyes and I have been to quite a few shows in the past.

It has been much harder to get to the front stage on this tour. On past tours I have always got to the front with ease. Anybody else experienced this?
Old 06-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmybroom View Post
I realise this topic has been discussed on other threads but to be honest I didnt believe it was real as hadn't seen with my own eyes and I have been to quite a few shows in the past.

Like this one:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...+front+lindsey
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case