Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
Watch this interview https://youtu.be/NaWU2YisjFk
Wow the interviewer entirely misses the distinction I make above, even after Chrissie explains she wasn't assigning blame.

Quote:
Just a little conspiracy while we wait to hear how Lindsey is getting on.
That's allowed.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-11-2019 at 05:34 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Right, but life is also about making good choices. If I choose to walk through the ghetto at night, it's hard to bitch if I got mugged.
I'm not arguing for or against her point. Just stating it.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What even is this thread...I’ll be the first to not argue that Stevie’s a diva, self absorbed, selfish etc but she’s not some lunatic that would be ‘happy’ someone she knew for 50 years, someone who has 3 children, has had a major surgery. She’s not a villain in a Disney movie.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway, I think I made it pretty clear that I don't know.
Just a little conspiracy while we wait to hear how Lindsey is getting on.
to add to tons of conspiracies going around right?

frankly, this one belongs in threads about the firing, not about the possible heart attack and emergency open heart. maybe go on with it in those?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She’s not a villain in a Disney movie.
Even worse, $he's a villain in real life.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What even is this thread...I’ll be the first to not argue that Stevie’s a diva, self absorbed, selfish etc but she’s not some lunatic that would be ‘happy’ someone she knew for 50 years, someone who has 3 children, has had a major surgery. She’s not a villain in a Disney movie.
Agreed. That's taking it too far.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i just looked through this thread real fast and can see one post that states in jest what you are saying above (or worse).

why throw the whole thread with 112 posts so far, a lot of anxious sharing of information and people's good wishes under the bus because of one or 2 outlier posts?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
I agree! She is selfish, narcissistic etc! But I don't think she's evil. She's a deeply flawed individual who let fame and fortune change her. I don't think she wishes him harm.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
She's a deeply flawed individual who let fame and fortune change her. I don't think she wishes him harm.
she demanded he be harmed. him or me.

apparently she and the whole band - and some other people - do not understand that stress and emotional harm will eventually result in outward physical harm too. they all threw him to the ground and continued kicking him the whole last year... expecting that the guy they know as highly sensitive and emotional, with a family history of heart disease, and who considers FM his life's work, will not be harmed by they continued kicking?

but they didn't mean any harm, no.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't notice
What I couldn't see
And what I couldn't see
I could never believe

Beautiful sister
Told a few lies
When it came to taking names
It was all compromise

Ooh that man he tried to stand
But he fell down to the ground
Layin' silent in the night
There was no sight or sound

There was hunger, hunger
So much hunger, hunger
So much hunger, hunger
Makes me wonder

Makes me wonder

Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she demanded he be harmed. him or me.

apparently she and the whole band - and some other people - do not understand that stress and emotional harm will eventually result in outward physical harm too. they all threw him to the ground and continued kicking him the whole last year... expecting that the guy they know as highly sensitive and emotional, with a family history of heart disease, and who considers FM his life's work, will not be harmed by they continued kicking?

but they didn't mean any harm, no.
She was angry at something and reacted by issuing an ultimatum. I don't think she thought out the long term consequences. She was being selfish and thinking only of herself. I should have said I don't think she wishes him death. But that's just my opinion...
Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
She was angry at something and reacted by issuing an ultimatum. I don't think she thought out the long term consequences.
this makes it sound like it was a rash, spur of the moment, spontaneous thing. it was not. and if it were, others should have talked her off the cliff.

she wished him harm, revenge, whatever, and she - and Mick and the rest - behaved without much further thought. like he can take all of that and come out unscathed. i agree with you they didn't think it through. that doesn't excuse them for what they did though. just makes them self-absorbed or completely idiotic.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And a hasty act can be undone once cooler heads prevail. The ouster didn’t occur in a New York minute. It took time and people could have changed their minds. There was room to do that.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For good or bad, Stevie's actions let us see them all
for who they really are.

My '97 Stevie/Lindsey Landslide t-shirt doesn't mean
the same anymore.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
to add to tons of conspiracies going around right?

frankly, this one belongs in threads about the firing, not about the possible heart attack and emergency open heart. maybe go on with it in those?
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have tacked the conspiracy on to my post about his surgery. Bad form. But like you said, there are a ton of conspiracies on here as well as speculation on why he had this event at this time.
Food for thought maybe; years ago I was pregnant with my 3rd baby and was also going to college (did everything backwards). I had a PE class called "fit for life" that was taught by a former marine. Super ripped, vegetarian (it was the early 80's) and he talked about how he lost both parents to heart disease and that's why he took such good care of himself. He'd berate me for the amount of weight I'd gained and make me walk the outside track with other "heavy people" while he trained the rest of the class inside the gym. About 3 weeks into the class, I was walking back to the gym after waddling around the track and out comes a student with blood all over his face, screaming for help. Apparently the teacher had suffered a fatal heart attack in the gym in front of the class and this kid tried to give him CPR, but because the guy fell forward, he broke his nose and was bleeding all over. I lived in California at the time and we all had to get counseling for it.
My point is that when you have heart disease in your family, more than likely you are a ticking time bomb. No one can say if stress played a part, or if it would have happened anyway. I'm just very happy he made it to the hospital in time.
If you have stuff that runs in your family, especially diseases that cause early death, go get checked out and be very thorough in what you tell the Doc (not all the people who ask a ton of questions before the Doc comes in.)
Sorry for the book.