Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Micks Meet and Greets

I got an email yesterday about meet and greets being available. $600 + fees apiece. Has anyone here done this before? Is it worth it?

I know things are a little bit contentious around here right now but Im looking for honest opinions and reviews. so if it all possible, no name calling here. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I got an email yesterday about meet and greets being available. $600 + fees apiece. Has anyone here done this before? Is it worth it?

I know things are a little bit contentious around here right now but I’m looking for honest opinions and reviews. so if it all possible, no name calling here. Thanks in advance.
In that past, I paid about that amount for a Meet'n'Greet with Mick. However, it came with a ticket.

You get a bag of stuff, but it's not really that great. I think the "big item" in the bag this time is a scarf, so that tells you something. For me, it was a drum head, which is pretty useless.

The Q&A is about 20 minutes. He is friendly and answers questions in an open manner. Unfortunately, the questions from audience members are usually not that interesting. I tried to think of an example and I seriously cannot remember one single question that was asked. It would be cool if you could get him to talk about Lindsey's firing, but I kind of doubt that is going to be allowed.

The best part is getting to take a picture with him. For that brief time, you get a moment with him. You can have a private word with him. However, that "moment" is about 60 seconds.

If you really, really want to meet a member of Fleetwood Mac, this is your best bet. He's the only one that does this. Otherwise, I do not think it is worth it without a ticket.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-10-2018 at 02:46 PM..
Old 05-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never got paying money to meet a celebrity. I've met Mick in person and oh boy is it a let down.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I never got paying money to meet a celebrity. I've met Mick in person and oh boy is it a let down.
I think I'm falling for you!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I will pay someone to ask a real question why he prevented Bob Welch from being inducted in the Rock N Roll hall of fame.
He loves those lame questions from casual fans. This one would possibly give you the death stare

Any takers?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
In that past, I paid about that amount for a Meet'n'Greet with Mick. However, it came with a ticket.

You get a bag of stuff, but it's not really that great. I think the "big item" in the bag this time is a scarf, so that tells you something. For me, it was a drum head, which is pretty useless.

The Q&A is about 20 minutes. He is friendly and answers questions in an open manner. Unfortunately, the questions from audience members are usually not that interesting. I tried to think of an example and I seriously cannot remember one single question that was asked. It would be cool if you could get him to talk about Lindsey's firing, but I kind of doubt that is going to be allowed.

The best part is getting to take a picture with him. For that brief time, you get a moment with him. You can have a private word with him. However, that "moment" is about 60 seconds.

If you really, really want to meet a member of Fleetwood Mac, this is your best bet. He's the only one that does this. Otherwise, I do not think it is worth it without a ticket.
Thanks.

Im curious about what the scarf looks like but no $600 curious haha. And
Im not so desperate to meet Mick, its just that hes one step from the rest of the band, and an old partner/drug buddy of Stevies, so thats what the appeal is. Id also like to see the view from the stage.

I would be asking for either details about Lindsay or whatever crazy cocaine story he would share. My guess though, is that he would probably share neither one.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I know things are a little bit contentious around here right now but Im looking for honest opinions and reviews. so if it all possible, no name calling here. Thanks in advance.
Nathan, if the money isn't a stretch for you
then I say go for it. You never know if this
is your only chance. I had a little time with
him (for free) and he was nice.

I'll refrain from commenting on what's going
on now since you asked.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Thanks.

Im curious about what the scarf looks like but no $600 curious haha. And
Im not so desperate to meet Mick, its just that hes one step from the rest of the band, and an old partner/drug buddy of Stevies, so thats what the appeal is. Id also like to see the view from the stage.

I would be asking for either details about Lindsay or whatever crazy cocaine story he would share. My guess though, is that he would probably share neither one.
Read Mick's first book about the crazy cocaine stories
Old 05-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Nathan, if the money isn't a stretch for you
then I say go for it. You never know if this
is your only chance. I had a little time with
him (for free) and he was nice.

I'll refrain from commenting on what's going
on now since you asked.
Thanks. It wouldnt be a stretch except I already have a front row center ticket. So now to add another $600+fees makes me want to start typing his name with a dollar sign or whatever in it too.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks.

I’m curious about what the scarf looks like but no $600 curious haha. And
I’m not so desperate to meet Mick, it’s just that he’s one step from the rest of the band, and an old partner/drug buddy of Stevie’s, so that’s what the appeal is. I’d also like to see the view from the stage.

the view from the stage is probably the best part of experience. of course, everybody would buy those m&gs in the past since they would come with good tix in first 5 rows. no doubt that he won't sell many now.

we were also discussing it here, someone asked the same question: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...5&postcount=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
No you meet him. It’s like a cattle call - you get a pic with him in front of his drum kit. Then everyone is sat in the audience and there’s a Q&a. You probably won’t be able to get your question in because Mick seems to be half deaf and also he takes one question and rambles for about 10 minutes so all the q&a time is wasted like that. I suspect any questions about lB will be off limits.

But this is how it was back in 2013-2015. There was no off limit questions but it was hard to get your questions answered too.
after doing a few of these, most people would just pick up their tix and skip meeting Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-10-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I met him at one of his book signings, which was not totally free because I bought his book though it was not required. I got a photo with him but he was rather disengaged (with me at least, and some others) but then was very engaged with people who told him they'd been to his restaurant and such, a couple people seemed to maybe know him 3rd or 4th hand (connections thru friends of friends kind of thing). Surprisingly he didn't seem bothered by being asked to sign bunches of albums...

I wouldn't say it was a "letdown" but frankly rather underwhelming.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I met him at one of his book signings, which was not totally free because I bought his book though it was not required. I got a photo with him but he was rather disengaged (with me at least, and some others) but then was very engaged with people who told him they'd been to his restaurant and such, a couple people seemed to maybe know him 3rd or 4th hand (connections thru friends of friends kind of thing). Surprisingly he didn't seem bothered by being asked to sign bunches of albums...

I wouldn't say it was a "letdown" but frankly rather underwhelming.
Honestly--If I could meet any of them--Lindsey and John--I think you'd have the most "real" conversations. Stevie would be entertaining no doubt, and that would be fun...just because. But over a few beers--L&J
Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Honestly--If I could meet any of them--Lindsey and John--I think you'd have the most "real" conversations. Stevie would be entertaining no doubt, and that would be fun...just because. But over a few beers--L&J
Thought I'd share this, which I saw on Instagram. Obviously take from it what you will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYC-lWH...ianlarsenmusic

mambrosiamusicIm curious @brianlarsenmusic will you be attending this tour sans Lindsey?
brianlarsenmusic@mambrosiamusic the short answer is that I dont know. The long answer is that I dearly love both Christine and Lindsey and have a personal relationship with both of them. Chris is the sweetest person Ive ever met and she even went flowers to my wedding. Lindsey has been nothing but totally supportive of me and weve gone out to some amazing lounges in Atlanta, Sydney, and beyond. Theyre both incredible people that I love very much. Chris had nothing to do with whats currently going on and Ill leave it at that. Meeting Stevie was an interesting experience because of the way she manages to command all the attention in the room but I have no relationship with her. Met Mick many times and couldnt care less. John is nice but shy. But Lindsey and Chris have both been nothing shy of amazing and totally generous to me. So if I go, Ill be doing it solely for Chris. That said, I feel a strong alliance towards Lindsey overall and am in close contact with his people about all this. Thats the best clarity I can provide. But yes, if you have to be stranded on an island with two Fleetwood Mac members, make it Chris and Lindsey. They are the kindest people youd ever want to meet and have treated me like their own family for years now. I dont know what else to say.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Thought I'd share this, which I saw on Instagram. Obviously take from it what you will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhYC-lWH...ianlarsenmusic

mambrosiamusicIm curious @brianlarsenmusic will you be attending this tour sans Lindsey?
brianlarsenmusic@mambrosiamusic the short answer is that I dont know. The long answer is that I dearly love both Christine and Lindsey and have a personal relationship with both of them. Chris is the sweetest person Ive ever met and she even went flowers to my wedding. Lindsey has been nothing but totally supportive of me and weve gone out to some amazing lounges in Atlanta, Sydney, and beyond. Theyre both incredible people that I love very much. Chris had nothing to do with whats currently going on and Ill leave it at that. Meeting Stevie was an interesting experience because of the way she manages to command all the attention in the room but I have no relationship with her. Met Mick many times and couldnt care less. John is nice but shy. But Lindsey and Chris have both been nothing shy of amazing and totally generous to me. So if I go, Ill be doing it solely for Chris. That said, I feel a strong alliance towards Lindsey overall and am in close contact with his people about all this. Thats the best clarity I can provide. But yes, if you have to be stranded on an island with two Fleetwood Mac members, make it Chris and Lindsey. They are the kindest people youd ever want to meet and have treated me like their own family for years now. I dont know what else to say.
I saw that--It's interesting no doubt. I love Christine--really I do. But I am so torn given the current situation and how she hung Lindsey out post Buck/McVie Someone on another thread mentioned they see Christine/ John bailing after the US leg wraps up....honestly, given what Brian said, may not be a stretch. I don't see this tour having a global reach. I just don't
But for now....Beers with John and Lindsey
Old 05-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
II don't see this tour having a global reach. I just don't
But for now....Beers with John and Lindsey
Lindsey doesn't drink.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"