User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think they are banking (no pun intended) on the media being far more forgiving than they might actually be. Glenn Frey died, so the Eagles premise is quite different. I also don't think the Eagles are doing Poco, Don Henley solo, and Vince Gill tunes. The hodgepodge approach they've hinted to in combination with the guitar sound being different (compared to lindsey) could spell trouble for them when the media does their reviews. It really does sound more like Mick Fleetwood's All Star Band, and not really Fleetwood Mac.

The media might be forgiving if it wasn't so obvious they were being lied to. I mean we all are, but I don't think (forgive me if I am wrong) any of us on this board are going to write a review of the show that will be syndicated in publications globally. I mean, so far we've had what, 3 different interviews with this group--and each one seams like 6 different people showed up to be interviewed? I think at this point, people now just need to sit tight and wait for LB to chime in....unlike some folks, I don't think he's admitting fault/wrong doing but not speaking up sooner, I think he's just letting the train wreck of this new line up do as much press as possible and spin their tales, dig their graves and weave as much BS as they possible can. I'd like to see Dan Rather interview him again.. that was a really good interview. I'd like to see it happen on October 2nd too LOL
Old 04-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
We really don't know that nothing happened - how on earth can you say that with such conviction????

No I wouldn't be ok if Stevie plotted to get rid of him - but as I have just said - I don't believe that particularly conspiracy theory.

I hope I've made my comments clear enough this time.
Because some of us usually talk with people connected with the band members. And so far the same story is coming from different sources. So, yes, we know what happened, and it's been posted, here, on FB, Twitter, IG.
Lindsey's family is against Mick, Stevie, Christine and John. Or what do you think #whoareyoupeople means?
If it was an amicable situation, his family wouldn't be so vocal against the band.
But like you said, believe what you want.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I can't answer for moonsister, but for me, let's say the band was going to record an album and Stevie refused to cooperate or participate. If FM had fired her, I would have been sad and disappointed, even angry at first, but I would have understood. They didn't fire her, so it must not have bothered them that much.

Likewise, if Christine had said she would continue to record with FM but no longer tour because she was tired and had a phobia of flying, and Lindsey and Mick said no, it was all or nothing, I would have been sad and disappointed, even angry at first, but I would have understood. Oh wait, that DID happen! Still, I understood Lindsey's point, and I saw the band twice after that without Christine. I didn't like it, and I didn't agree with it, but I accepted it.

Here's what I wouldn't do, though- I wouldn't post on here how much I hate Lindsey or Mick for pushing Stevie out, I wouldn't ascribe motives to them I know nothing about, I wouldn't use quotes from the past 40 years to try to prove why she shouldn't have been fired for something that happened now, and I wouldn't say or suggest people here who would continue to support FM are bad people or wrong for doing so.

FM makes a lot of money when the Rumours lineup tours, so I know there was a major reason Lindsey was fired. It wasn't over something minor, because Mick, Stevie, Christine, and John are taking a huge gamble with their bank account to do this, and they know this, because they've toured without Lindsey before. If it could have been worked out, they would have worked it out. And yes, I would say the same thing if Stevie had been fired. They wouldn't have fired her if whatever the problem was could have been worked out.
Stevie would never be fired, because unlike her, no one would ask Mick to fire her just because she doesn't want to record an album. She''s one of a kind.

Yeah, funny how when Christine left it was Lindsey's fault, but now that Lindsey was fired, poor Stevie had nothing to do with it. So, what, Lindsey is more powerful than Stevie in the band? Gimme a break!

Quotes from 40 years ago? You're talking about all those abuse allegations from 1975 and 1987 that some Stevie's fans LOVE to bring up every time they try to justify what happened? Yeah, right!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Because some of us usually talk with people connected with the band members. And so far the same story is coming from different sources. So, yes, we know what happened, and it's been posted, here, on FB, Twitter, IG.
Lindsey's family is against Mick, Stevie, Christine and John. Or what do you think #whoareyoupeople means?
If it was an amicable situation, his family wouldn't be so vocal against the band.
But like you said, believe what you want.
Ok that's great for you, that you have the truth of the story there. I'll just remain sceptical until I hear more.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok that's great for you, that you have the truth of the story there. I'll just remain sceptical until I hear more.
What are you wating to hear? From whom? Lindsey? Because the rest of the band had already gave a soft and unbelievable story and that will be the end of it. You think Lindsey will say something completely different to what his family is sharing on social media?
If some of you are not even believing his family, I'm afraid it's useless to continue trying.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I agree with bwboy on this - if they had fired Stevie, I would have understood, and I wouldn't be reacting this fiercely with such an intense hatred.

I understand why people are pissed off about Lindsey being fired, but I also feel it's important to try to keep a sense of perspective on it all.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are you wating to hear? From whom? Lindsey? Because the rest of the band had already gave a soft and unbelievable story and that will be the end of it. You think Lindsey will say something completely different to what his family is sharing on social media?
If some of you are not even believing his family, I'm afraid it's useless to continue trying.
Why is it so important for you to try to convince EVERYONE on this board of this story? Is it not ok for other people to think and feel differently, and be wary of things they read, and the gossip that is passed around.

Anyway... I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We really don't know that nothing happened - how on earth can you say that with such conviction????

No I wouldn't be ok if Stevie plotted to get rid of him - but as I have just said - I don't believe that particularly conspiracy theory.

I hope I've made my comments clear enough this time.
Fwiw, I remained skeptical too at first and didn't believe what a lot of people were saying. The reason I changed my mind is because I decided I was going to search around for those 'sources' people talked about and I actually found them and saw what they were saying with my own two eyes and it literally was a simple "he wanted to do two tours and they wouldn't let him, then Mick and Stevie basically tag teamed to get him fired, it was a major case of dirty business" And while I can't tell you that I have evidence proving that these 'sources' are 100% true, after seeing them myself, I wholeheartedly believe they are reliable. One of those people was actually a GIANT Stevie Nicks fan who is now standing against her. Why would a giant Stevie Nicks fan make up a story that make Stevie look like an awful person that conspired to get her bandmate fired because she decided she wanted to have fun in her life and didn't want to tour with him anymore?
Obviously I can't convince anyone what to believe. But after seeing it with my own two eyes and really trying to make sure that the info was reliable, I believe it.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Which is kind of depressing. They have at least 3 guitar players, 2 keyboardists, 2 drummers (though Mick won't acknowledge it), maybe 2 back up singers, and they still have to do prerecorded tracks? Might as well save the money and listen to the records.
nobody buys records any more, don't you know?
Old 04-29-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Some Lindsey superfans want it both ways- Stevie refused to participate, yet at the same time she's jealous they made the album without her. It's a contradiction. Stevie had the choice to participate and she declined. If she were jealous that Christine and Lindsey were working together, she would have joined them. And what was there to be jealous of? Christine gave him 5 songs, Lindsey did his usual production work on them, and that was it. It wasn't like they were in the studio working late hours, curled up together in a blanket writing lyrics together LOL!

Instead of looking for MORE excuses to hate Stevie, why not just focus on the ones we know are true, instead of making up superfluous reasons LOL?
I'm not a super Lindsey fan, but my opinion on why Stevie chose not to participate is because she had nothing to bring to the table anymore. Or she felt inadequate in the presence of two working musicians that do work well together writing songs. One of whom is her ex, that for whatever reason she can't quite let go of. It was documented how well Lindsey and Chris did get along in the studio with comments being made how easy it all was. NO DRAMA! Then they toured to support the album both having a great time on the road. Everything was an enjoyable experience for both of them. I believe Stevie felt very snubbed through the whole process. It's really not a far stretch of the imagination to think this was part of what went down in Lindsey's firing. Besides Stevie herself said that she wants to spend the next ten years of her life dancing and singing in her apartment. SHE VANTS TO BE HAPPY!!!

Last edited by jwd; 04-29-2018 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: missed a word
Old 04-29-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why is it so important for you to try to convince EVERYONE on this board of this story? Is it not ok for other people to think and feel differently, and be wary of things they read, and the gossip that is passed around.

Anyway... I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue.
Hmmm, funny when someone try to understand the logic behind one of you being so protective of Stevie, usually the answer is: because I want to.

You can believe and live in a fantasy world where Stevie is an innocent angel (like you said about Lindsey) all you want, but try and tell Lindsey's family this is all a "story".

Last edited by button-lip; 04-29-2018 at 12:39 PM..
Old 04-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie would never be fired, because unlike her, no one would ask Mick to fire her just because she doesn't want to record an album. She''s one of a kind.

Yeah, funny how when Christine left it was Lindsey's fault, but now that Lindsey was fired, poor Stevie had nothing to do with it. So, what, Lindsey is more powerful than Stevie in the band? Gimme a break!

Quotes from 40 years ago? You're talking about all those abuse allegations from 1975 and 1987 that some Stevie's fans LOVE to bring up every time they try to justify what happened? Yeah, right!
Stevie would never be fired because she's the big star. She's the person most people buy FM tickets to see. She holds the cards and they all know it. No matter what she did she would never be fired.
Does no one remember Mick's interviews in 2012 when he basically was crying that Fleetwood Mac is dead because Stevie was so caught up in her solo project she wasn't agreeing to tour or do anything for the band:

"I don’t believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again,” Fleetwood says dryly. “But I really hope we do. We have rehearsed and prepared for it since 2010. We were supposed to tour in 2011, but we delayed it for a year to allow Stevie Nicks to support her solo record and for Lindsey Buckingham to do the same with his. I’ve always been supportive of my bandmates doing solo albums, so long as we kept our band together. If you look at the credits as far back as you like, I’ve always played extensively on many of them, and this time was no different. I played drums on most of Stevie’s latest album, the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that for now she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour. It comes down to her, and for the first time, I think, even Lindsey has lost his patience. All of this uncertainty is a tremendous change for me.”
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2012...ayboy.html?m=1

If you click the link you can read even more revealing things he says. And if you read the 2013 profile of the band on your, you can see that it says they were supposed to head out before, but had to delay a year because of Stevie. Had this been any other band member they would have been axed and replaced so Mick could go out and make his money. But that won't happen with Stevie and they all know it. The story the band is telling that Lindsey INSISTED on delaying the tour is a very twisted version of the truth. Lindsey knows he doesn't have that power like Stevie.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm, funny when someone try to understand the logic behind one of you being so protective of Stevie, usually the answer is: because I want to.

You can't believe and live in a fantasy world where Stevie is an innocent angel (like you said about Lindsey) all you want, but try and tell Lindsey's family this is all a "story".
How many times do I have to repeat myself - I'm not protecting Stevie, I'm just wary of what I read on the internet - there's SO much crap out there!!

Stevie isn't innocent, neither is Lindsey - and they have a long-term problem of an intensely volatile relationship.

I know you like to have a good argument, but I have many other things I need to do
Old 04-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stevie would never be fired because she's the big star. She's the person most people buy FM tickets to see. She holds the cards and they all know it. No matter what she did she would never be fired.
Does no one remember Mick's interviews in 2012 when he basically was crying that Fleetwood Mac is dead because Stevie was so caught up in her solo project she wasn't agreeing to tour or do anything for the band:

"I don’t believe Fleetwood Mac will ever tour again,” Fleetwood says dryly. “But I really hope we do. We have rehearsed and prepared for it since 2010. We were supposed to tour in 2011, but we delayed it for a year to allow Stevie Nicks to support her solo record and for Lindsey Buckingham to do the same with his. I’ve always been supportive of my bandmates doing solo albums, so long as we kept our band together. If you look at the credits as far back as you like, I’ve always played extensively on many of them, and this time was no different. I played drums on most of Stevie’s latest album, the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that for now she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour. It comes down to her, and for the first time, I think, even Lindsey has lost his patience. All of this uncertainty is a tremendous change for me.”
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2012...ayboy.html?m=1

If you click the link you can read even more revealing things he says. And if you read the 2013 profile of the band on your, you can see that it says they were supposed to head out before, but had to delay a year because of Stevie. Had this been any other band member they would have been axed and replaced so Mick could go out and make his money. But that won't happen with Stevie and they all know it. The story the band is telling that Lindsey INSISTED on delaying the tour is a very twisted version of the truth. Lindsey knows he doesn't have that power like Stevie.
Stevie is a very powerful force indeed. And in 2012 while Mick was crying because of Stevie and his solo tour, Lindsey was there by his side. And that's how they pay him. No wonder his family is so upset.

And yes, had it been any other member they would have been axed.... no, wait, that actually happened. And his name is Lindsey.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How many times do I have to repeat myself - I'm not protecting Stevie, I'm just wary of what I read on the internet - there's SO much crap out there!!

Stevie isn't innocent, neither is Lindsey - and they have a long-term problem of an intensely volatile relationship.

I know you like to have a good argument, but I have many other things I need to do
Then, you know how we are feeling every time we have to repeat ourselves. Frustrating, isn't it?

Yes, you clearly stated Lindsey's not an innocent angel, and yet, he was the one fired, not Stevie.

Please, go, I have other people I can talk to.