User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Oh, good! I hope to hear it soon. I do the same listening for John. After my mother in law died we cleaned out her house and found boxes of records. Mostly junk but I found a 78 of Cool Water and had to keep it.
78? Of Marty Robbins?
Old 05-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Lindsey the other day talking about Tango. He was saying how he's noticed a lot of the traits of that 80s style music has come back, like synth, electronic elements etc.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I heard Lindsey the other day talking about Tango. He was saying how he's noticed a lot of the traits of that 80s style music has come back, like synth, electronic elements etc.
I just heard Lindsey talking about the first time he heard Go Your Own Way on the radio, and how he called up the DJ who criticized it to ask why he didn't like it... ("He couldn't find the beat.")

It's been an unexpected and pleasant surprise hearing Lindsey speaking about the band on the FMac channel. I assumed he'd be persona non grata on this channel.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Perhaps we will hear this "come back" in his "pop" solo album (now slated apparently for 2019)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Still no Buckingham Nicks, no BuckVie and no Lindsey solo. Even Stevie's solo stuff is limited:I haven't heard anything from TISL, Street Angel, IYD, 24K.

I don't see how this channel doesn't get extended. Maybe they're holding back so they'll add more when the channel goes beyond May.
I have heard "For What It's Worth" from IYD and "Maybe Love" and "Blue Denim" more than once from Street Angel. Since I love TISL, I would love to hear some tracks from that record, especially the title track and "I Miss You." As far as 24K, I did hear my favorite track "If You Were My Love" but I think it was one of the alternate versions.

And yes, let's hope this station gets extended.. please Sirius XM!

Last edited by Keith; 05-15-2018 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
78? Of Marty Robbins?
No, I'm looking at it now. Bob Nolan songwriter(?) Vaughn Monroe and his Orchestra. I did some research when I found the record and slapped a sticky note on it. My note says "best selling recorded version of this song---1948 Billboard chart 13 weeks #9 peak"
This record is beat to **** but I kept it anyway. I spent hours and hours researching each record for value/rarity. Boxes of records with nothing to jump up and down about but it was fascinating.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I have heard "For What It's Worth" from IYD and "Maybe Love" and "Blue Denim" more than once from Street Angel. Since I love TISL, I would love to hear some tracks from that record, especially the title track and "I Miss You." As far as 24K, I did hear my favorite track "If You Were My Love" but I think it was one of the alternate versions.

And yes, let's hope this station gets extended.. please Sirius XM!
You've heard quite a bit, I must be listening at the wrong time!
Old 05-15-2018, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I'm looking at it now. Bob Nolan songwriter(?) Vaughn Monroe and his Orchestra. I did some research when I found the record and slapped a sticky note on it. My note says "best selling recorded version of this song---1948 Billboard chart 13 weeks #9 peak"
This record is beat to **** but I kept it anyway. I spent hours and hours researching each record for value/rarity. Boxes of records with nothing to jump up and down about but it was fascinating.
when I played the FM B-side of that song back at the time, my mom came in and was singing along to the song. It was popular when she was in high school.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay. I'm a big classic country fan, and I have a Marty Robbins boxed set, that has Cool Water on it.

AND a country singer friend, who's SO OBSESSED with Marty Robbins, that he was gifted the grave site next to Marty's, and is planning on being buried there, when he expires.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:16 AM

Revelation

Great tune this morning. One of my favs...
Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Mystified (Piano Demo)

Technically that's a BuckVie tune. Although it sounds like a McVie tune at this point.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 AM

wow..

Skies The Limit

I wonder if Bob Dylan would title it like that?
Old 05-16-2018, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
wow..

Skies The Limit

I wonder if Bob Dylan would title it like that?
But would you SAY that to Bob Dylan?

(The title drives me nuts)
Old 05-16-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
But would you SAY that to Bob Dylan?

(The title drives me nuts)

For You And I
drives me nuts, too............... uhhhhh
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM

Woman of 1000 Years!! Sounds so good.