The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you so much for uploading!! Now I will have the perfect thing to listen to while going to sleep...

Thanks again!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Listen here (for one week only): http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_the_Rumours/

Download both MP3 files here
Part 1 (52 MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk...s%20Pt%201.mp3
Part 2 (52 MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/59...s%20Pt%202.mp3

And BBC Radio, next time you do this, PLEASE do it at a time which doesn't necessitate me being up at four in the morning in order to listen and record live...
Thanks so much!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

I listened to this today and really enjoyed it

Johnnie Walker is a massive fan of the band, I even remember him interviewing Lindsey when he was promoting Out Of The Cradle.

Also had no idea 'Over My Head' was written about Lindsey! In fact Christine seems to have had something of a crush on him, have never heard her refer to him as 'cute' before. I always thought it was a poor choice as a single (Chris seems to think so too) but will listen with a bit more interest next time I hear it!

Hope our friends overseas all get to hear it.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Listen here (for one week only): http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_the_Rumours/

And BBC Radio, next time you do this, PLEASE do it at a time which doesn't necessitate me being up at four in the morning in order to listen and record live...
love you as always Nicole - thanks so much!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you Nicole!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love you as always Nicole - thanks so much!!
As always!? I'm flattered.

Seriously, thanks for the thanks, folks. Appreciate it. Nice to have something new to listen too and PLENTY of Chris there for those starved of hearing her voice in interviews, ha.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I listened to this today and really enjoyed it

Johnnie Walker is a massive fan of the band, I even remember him interviewing Lindsey when he was promoting Out Of The Cradle.

Also had no idea 'Over My Head' was written about Lindsey! In fact Christine seems to have had something of a crush on him, have never heard her refer to him as 'cute' before. I always thought it was a poor choice as a single (Chris seems to think so too) but will listen with a bit more interest next time I hear it!
Just this year, I heard a snippet of an old interview of hers where she was talking about OMH and said it was about a person who would go unnamed. I wondered then who she was talking about.

Michele
Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I recorded as it was being aired as well. No glitches or jumps, so far as I know. Am uploading now but it's a teensy bit slow to do cos I have crap internet. Shouldn't be more than 45 minutes or so til it's done, hopefully.
Thanks a bunch!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just this year, I heard a snippet of an old interview of hers where she was talking about OMH and said it was about a person who would go unnamed. I wondered then who she was talking about.

Michele
It's amazing the new stuff we are learning about them. I feel like we've gotten a new treasure chest of information.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's amazing the new stuff we are learning about them. I feel like we've gotten a new treasure chest of information.
I look forward to listening. Haven't had a chance yet.

In the old interview Christine said the inspiration for OMH would remain nameless, because he's well known.

She said it was one of the least developed songs and she got an idea to add a ____ (?) to it or a box continental and it worked and then they started adding more to it and it became their first single.

Michele
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

In the old interview Christine said the inspiration for OMH would remain nameless, because he's well known.

She said it was one of the least developed songs and she got an idea to add a ____ (?) to it or a box continental and it worked and then they started adding more to it and it became their first single.
That's Vox Continental

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:

Michele
Hurry, there are spoilers everywhere.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was great! New bits I loved were Christine talking about Lindsey really working to convince her to stay in the band. How he started riding with her in her limo after the shows and tried talking her into staying. Hearing Stevie respond to the question "How is your relationship with Lindsey now?" by saying "It's great." Who'd've ever thought that would happen. And Linds definitely sounds positive and open to Christine's return.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
This was great! New bits I loved were Christine talking about Lindsey really working to convince her to stay in the band.
After she left, Lindsey did say that he was closer to Christine at that time, because he'd been there and understood her need to leave. He said that his empathy towards her situation didn't endear him to the other band members -- but he indicated it was because he was willing to let her go if she needed that (her own survival move) and they weren't. I don't think he thought she'd be gone for 15 years though. It seems like they all thought she'd change her mind, much earlier.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
After she left, Lindsey did say that he was closer to Christine at that time, because he'd been there and understood her need to leave. He said that his empathy towards her situation didn't endear him to the other band members -- but he indicated it was because he was willing to let her go if she needed that (her own survival move) and they weren't. I don't think he thought she'd be gone for 15 years though. It seems like they all thought she'd change her mind, much earlier.

Michele
It goes along with my feeling that he took it really hard. Especially the way she cut all ties.