The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Ledgie

No chance.

Personally, I think they should attempt an Unplugged album and sort the other remasters out.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
No chance.

Personally, I think they should attempt an Unplugged album and sort the other remasters out.
Even though I'd PREFER an album of new material, I was JUST thinking that. . . I'm really more surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

ETA: Erasure did a very interesting album of unplugged renditions of their LESSER known album tracks. It was quite pretty. OMG... we should do FM unplugged wishlist!!??!!!??

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-22-2009 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I soooooooo hope that they will record next year, BUT I don't think it'll be done that fast...it surley takes time to record and do a record! And I sooo hope that they will tour the world soon agan! After the album (if there's going to be one) is out they have to come here to Europe, Scandinavia, again!

You have talked about if this tour was their farwell tour??? I don't think so because if they do a farwell tour they HAVE to tell us that!!! They just can't go out there touring and letting us think that The Mac IS Back!! So, when it comes to the time of the LAST tour, I really hope that they tell us about it...

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i voted no

hi guys...i voted no for this poll simply bc i think it will be 2011 b4 they can get enough material ready to record for a new album...i truly believe there will be excellent material by both lindsey and stevie and they will use some of their older unreleased material and rework it into the new album...i will def be looking for a tour in 2011 around summer time so i have my fingers crossed that this will occur...i hope they do a much better job of putting the album together as i also found syw all messed up in the track placements...ur dealing with 2 very dif artists and they are each quite stubborn in their own way but i think stevie tends to give in too much and lets lindsey bully her...i think thats why she insisted lindsey not be the producer of this next album and wasnt happy with syw...as to the mac not having the appeal they had in previous years i think a lot of the unsold seats were due to the ECONOMY not the waning interest in the mac...most of us have had to tighten up our belts this past year and have given up things like concerts and even vacations...hugs pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avatar for ledge and 7.jpg (88.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
And contracts can definitely be "broken"..
There is no way Live Nation and FM are about to get into a legal battle. Hell, one of their managers (Irving Azoff) is currently involved in a merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster. Live Nation will take their lumps from this tour and proceed with caution. I dont even know who is promoting the European shows? Is it Live Nation? The players in the game have changed names (but not faces) so many times in the last 10 years that I can't keep up anymore.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The reality is, fans come in completely different packages, and we all have different opinions.
True. I don't feel like any less of a fan because I didn't go to any shows on this tour. The tickets in my market were at least $150 and I didn't feel like shelling out that kind of money in this economy for a product that I'd seen many times over in 2003 ( and had the time of my life doing BTW).
Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
..What I'm disagreeing with, is the negative idea that is being tossed around about how Fleetwood Mac is on their last legs and performing their "farewell tour".. They are FAR from that status..
But that's not what he said. He said the only way they could do a monetarily viable tour in the next year or so would be to call it a "Farewell Tour." And I think you're misunderstanding where Luke is coming from. He is stating the facts as he sees and knows them from being in the business. That's all. It's nothing against you, I don't think.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Also, this inside source thing is intriguing. Care to share more about that? It will help us understand you a little more on this topic.
I'm still waiting to hear from the kid that knows Sara Fleetwood.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-22-2009 at 03:56 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
No chance.

MIRAGE!!!!!!!! Including all of the outtakes.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
But that's not what he said. He said the only way they could do a monetarily viable tour in the next year or so would be to call it a "Farewell Tour." And I think you're misunderstanding where Luke is coming from. He is stating the facts as he sees and knows them from being in the business. That's all. It's nothing against you, I don't think.
Well, I remember reading someone in this thread saying that these sales were pathetic particularly for a "farewell" tour. But now I can't find that original comment. . .

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
MIRAGE!!!!!!!! Including all of the outtakes.
Yes, that would be great. I should start another thread.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think they were not glad with the SYW commercial results (silly, cause no old band can make a blockbuster with new songs, it's very hard though not impossible). But.. I'm just supposing
Actually, the last Eagles CD was a HUGE hit...which HAS to bug the band (particularly Lindsey!), so that might be insentive enough right there!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Not necessarily. Artists used to release 2 albums a year. Any less than one every year, to me, is lazy. The Pet Shop Boys have released, on average, an album's worth of new music every year this decade. And it's all be superb. Same with Morrissey (since coming out of "retirement" in 2004).
99.9% of ALL artists, be they "classic" or new, have not released an album a year, let alone two, in over two decades!!
This may have been the norm in the '70's, but it went the way of the dinosaur in the early '80's, and I GUARANTEE you will NEVER see it again, at least not through the major labels!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
First of all, I'm glad we are on the same page Louie.

Also, Luke has a point. Everyone in Mac is 60+ and they haven't had a big hit album for over 10 years. They have to cut the crap and make something really noteworthy if they expect to match the Unleashed tour results... let alone surpass them. It's going to get harder and harder for them to be successful as time goes on just because they are fading more and more. As Stevie lovingly said on Destiny Rules, the typical Mac generation isn't "sitting around smoking dope and watching Billboard to see what they need to buy as their next record!" Even when Stevie and Mac's album quality has been questionable, they were still able to sell because they were somewhat current. They don't have that benefit anymore.

Which basically means that if they're going to put the work into getting another album out, they better as hell make it worth it. Because if they were disappointed with SYW sales, it's not going to be any better this time around. We all love them and will buy anything they put out without a question, but we are a very select group of people, people. They need to work ten times harder to make even a fraction of the impression that they used to make on the music scene. So cut the **** and get writing and recording! They can't go around doing greatest hits tours forever. I will follow this band to my grave so yes, I would be at those shows.... but I'd do it a bit spitefully if they let whatever is left of their creative potential go down the drain. They aren't getting any younger, either.
BRILLIANTLY stated!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Let's face it, we don't have decades left with this band so they need to focus on quality and not quanity. Hopefully the experience of touring together for a year and then heading into the studio will provide a more solid and stable foundation to produce an album from the ground up.

I think the cohesiveness lacking in SYW can absolutely be attributed to the fact that everyone in the band attempted to join forces after being on completely separate paths for what 4-5 years? Maybe a little less? SYW was the first time in a long time they were really coming from four absolutely different places (not to mention the first time without Christine.) Obviously, a break in this duration is not uncommon for this band, but prior to SYW, well maybe at least prior to the Dance, they sort of were all coasting along their separate lives, but sort of at a similar pace. But in 2001-2002, at 50 something, they are all at such different milestones - Stevie in unattached and focused on her solo career, Lindsey is newly married with a growing family, Mick has his new girls, and John is raising a teenager but would probably rather be sailing. You get where I'm going. They were all really doing such different things in their lives, which probably wasn't so true when creating studio albums before this, and if it was, probably wasn't as evident as it was when creating SYW. Really, other then being in a band with legendary history what was common amongst them at that point? All this, plus the experience of doing an album 25 years past their heyday must have contributed to the lack of synergy and resulted in what seemed to be a collaboration of two artist's solo albums.

But, maybe, just maybe, if they can take the momentum that they have had by working with each other over the past year and being intertwined with each other's lives, and truly believe that a studio album can be a positive experience, we can see something wonderful from them in the future.
Once again, VERY well said!!!