User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love Chris Isaak, but shudder! Mr. Lucky just does not do it for me. In fact, while he has songs that I consider masterpieces, I don't think consistent albums as a whole are his specialty. His Best Of though, putting all the good stuff together, that leaves me breathless. He's got a lost, dreamy touch made for crooning. Actually, to me, he might have been better for FM when you had Christine, Lindsey and Stevie together. He could do something with them.

Michele
Interesting. I think Mr. Lucky sounds like a Bryan Ferry album. I can make no higher praise.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, Stevie, you got off klonopin in 94...time to let it go, seriously. LOL

Interesting about her displeasure with the entire SYW album. I didn't realize she felt quite so strongly, especially about not liking the songs. I wonder which songs, hers or Lindsey's. And was it the songs themselves or the way they turned out? Surely she was pleased with the songs she wrote for the project...so perhaps it was the end result that displeased her. She should have been unhappy with some of her vocals on that record...UGH. On any account, this explains the big old puss she had on her face during the first several months of the SYW tour.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE the Say You Will album, no matter what you think!!!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/view/134777

“Maybe the people you can live best with aren’t the great love of your life; the men you love deeply, the calmer, more loving, more solid people but who you weren’t super passionately crazy in love with."
Bull****. In fact, bull**** to this whole interview. I still find it hard to accept that the man she calls the love of her life called her a "road f*ck." Granted, he was drunk but come on. It's time for Mama to get a new schtick. The reason she isn't with Lindsey today is because she kept telling him no. "You could easily wake up with a stranger, it's not something that you planned. One night in a world of pain and you finally understand. Not all the king's horses, not all the kings men could put it back together."
There must be literally thousands of great stories she could tell but instead she decides to stick with the same old crap. And give me a break about hating Say You Will. I think she's still pissed that Sheryl Crow couldn't/wouldn't join the band.
The only illuminating thing about this whole interview is that Babs Nicks doesn't think she's found the love of her life yet.
And for god's sake, will John grant one interview for this tour. Mick can even be there with him. I just want to hear something different that I never knew about this band for once.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-19-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
And for god's sake, will John grant one interview for this tour. Mick can even be there with him. I just want to hear something different that I never knew about this band for once.
Yeah, what do they say to John? Are they ok with him not doing the publicity or are they frustrated, because that's part of the job and he shouldn't be able to opt out of it? Of course, they all like it if the interviews fit into their schedules (as opposed to the old days when Mick would schedule press conferences when they were all dead tired). The other 3 like to talk, so maybe they don't care if he sits out.

John did participate in that one telephone conference they all did. And he said he argued with Stevie over the "Unleashed" title. But that's it.

Michele
Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
The reason she isn't with Lindsey today is because she kept telling him no.
Do you really think Lindsey was that obsessed with her? I always found this pairing rather bizarre- Lindsey being the grounded, straight, self-conscious introvert who belabors every detail, whereas Stevie is the oblivious ex-drug-addled extrovert who lives in a parallel, pastel-hued universe. There has been much speculation about what really went down between them during The Dance, but I just find it hard to believe that he would be pining after Stevie's then-50-year-old hey-nanu-nanu when he had a hot young wife, as well as limitless potential road options. I just think that so much weirdness has passed between S and L over the years that he is quite over her drama. I'm not saying Mama is completely koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs, but there is a reason why doctors were trying to put her on antidepressants after her Klonopin detox! There is a theory about some drug addicts- that they are merely self-medicating due to an undiagnosed or mistreated underlying mental/physical condition. I do believe in my heart of hearts that Stevie is among the walking wounded, and Lindsey realizes this and keeps his distance accordingly. And it helps to explain why Stevie would give interviews like this...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They (SN/LB) keep their distance because for like 30 years they haven't been able to be in the same room, I thought? Weren't they in separate taxi's in the Tusk or Mirage era?

I just think they're two fiery people who are too independent to spend quality time with each other.

As for their comments, I think there's a point in stardom at which your ego gets big enough that you really can just rewrite history as you like and reporters will lap it up, regardless of drugs or anything else cloduing your mind.

LB and SN are two people who definitely tell whichever story makes them look the best. Simple as that.

For some reason I still love both of them. Must be the music, or something..

Seriously, I would like to see a bit of "Pete Townshend" honesty from the band members. And definitely some John in the mix! The guy is awesome. (thinks of him pouring a glass of wine over LB)

- Spike
Old 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always thought that the problem for this couple has been that Lindsey loves and mourns the loss of the girl Stevie once was. And Stevie loves and mourns the loss of the man Lindsey became.
The only time the girl and man really found each other, I believe, was during the Dance period. This was when Lindsey said he was once again seeing the girl he had loved and Stevie waxed lyrical about how soft Lindsey had become. She described him then as her first love, 'my love for all time.'
Their interaction and delight in finding each other again during this time was, I think, genuine and moving to see.

It didn't last because with the advent of Will and later the girls, Stevie could no longer be number one in Lindsey's life as she likes to be and this, I think, pi$$es her off no end.
And I believe, for the first time Lindsey genuinely moved on from Stevie to the point where she is now in his past and any regrets he still has are about the past.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

Stevie is my favorite person to read interviews from EVER!
she comes up with the craziest one liners and statements like this
Does that not just kill you, the dancing on tables quote?

“Doing all the very famous material is actually more fun,” insists this born entertainer. “It’s been a breath of fresh air for us to not have to worry about trying to sell [new] songs.”

Okay, Stevie, see the face you're making in the picture with this article? This is the face I'm making right now.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Does that not just kill you, the dancing on tables quote?
I'm curious as to how/why Stevie acquires a van in her alternate life. The fact that you're not in FM shouldn't automatically put you behind the wheel of a van.

Guess whenever I thought of her driving herself around, I imagined her in something else.

Michele
Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Guess whenever I thought of her driving herself around, I imagined her in something else.

Michele

Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

Yes, Lindsey's approach has evolved... but in his case, I don't think evolution is necessarily a good thing. He has been on a musical journey, surely. But I think his style has become a bit too heavy-handed and forced. What I loved about albums like Rumours and Tusk was that they were rough yet effortlessly polished at the same time. And even when a song was very heavily produced, e.g., "Sara" or "You Make Loving Fun," there was something very warm and organic about it. In recent efforts, it seems like Lindsey was just digging through his electronic bag of tricks and trying to use every effect he can throw at a song. For me, the results are not "cutting edge" as much as they are cold and mechanical. Rather than complementing the songs, his production tends to overpower the songs. Yes, one could argue that perhaps the material on an album like SYW was so weak that it needed a lot of heavy-handed production. But on songs like "Smile at You," which was pretty great to begin with, I think he could have dialed back the vocoders and Pro Tools a notch and employed a simpler, sparser sonic field. Not to say that it was all bad- I think the production on "Destiny Rules" was perfect, as well as "Thrown Down." But two or three good songs out of ten (Stevie) songs is not a good batting average.
I completely agree. And although Trouble in Shangri-La is definitely heavily produced as well, I believe that it was relatively consistent in sound which made most of the little pointless production additions more.... believable. Less out of place. Especially since we were hearing one songwriter and one more commercialized style throughout the entire album while Say You Will was jumpy in that sense-- not even separated out into Stevie vs. Lindsey as writers/singers.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
I've always thought that the problem for this couple has been that Lindsey loves and mourns the loss of the girl Stevie once was. And Stevie loves and mourns the loss of the man Lindsey became.
The only time the girl and man really found each other, I believe, was during the Dance period. This was when Lindsey said he was once again seeing the girl he had loved and Stevie waxed lyrical about how soft Lindsey had become.
This is a beautiful and heartwarming idea. I believe it.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John did participate in that one telephone conference they all did. And he said he argued with Stevie over the "Unleashed" title. But that's it.
Michele, you crack me up. I never heard this int. BTW. And we know who won this argument, don't we?
The one who always gets her way.
It's her way or the highway.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
From 2003:

''There was plenty of drama, plenty of arguments, things we really had to hash out,'' Nicks says. ``But that's what makes a great record. If everything went blissfully smooth it would be a blissfully boring record.''

"I think my material on this album is some of my best material ever. And I think that Lindsay's material is his best material ever. So I feel that whatever it was that made us reform, there was a real reason for it. And maybe it was all this material that needed to come out."

http://rockalittle.com/fleetwoodmac_articles_2003.htm
ROFLOL!!! THANK YOU for posting that!! Awesome.

Quote:
I made a mistake and left off an "s". I meant she thinks, not I think. I was just talking about Stevie's perception. I don't think that some other producer could have done a better job with her songs. I think they all sound great, except for Silver Girl and RTTG and I only really blame the production on RTTG. I think RTTG could have been better, tighter and differentiated. As it is, it's just one monotonous thing.

I think LB did as good of a job on Silver Girl as was possible. In fact, if I think an outside producer was needed on the album, I'd get one to lend an objective ear to Lindsey's songs, not Stevie's.

I am thrilled with the SYW album and love it as a whole, even when it fails in places.

Michele
OMG, Michele - that is so funny because I LOVE RTTG!! It's probably my favorite Stevie track on the album! Honestly, I think what's happened with this thread is just another reason why the album as a whole is so great...look how much discussion it's opened up.