User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I see your point about SYW, I just don't believe the majority of LB's songs were meant for a solo album.
You're being stubborn.

Murrow, Miranda, Red Rover, Come, Steal Your Heart Away, Bleed to Love Her, & Say Goodbye were ALL ready to go in summer 2001 for a fourth solo album, & all those same tracks were ported over onto Say You Will in 2003 with nothing different except a bunch of new guys dicking around with the mixes & the mastering.

I've said it before: If you look at the recorded track time frame covered on the 2003 Fleetwood Mac album, it is by far the longest ever in the band's history, approaching ten years. It's ridiculous.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But, Lindsey made a point of saying she "left the stage" when he did it on tour. Well, duh - she wasn't singing!
I know, right. That was stupid. As if she doesn't leave the stage every chance she gets. Why was he making it sound like she left the stage during Come to take a stand?

In fact, it's the other way around. I was impressed by the fact that she did not leave the stage for Red Rover. Well, obviously she had lines to sing, so she had to stay, but somehow, I just took her being there as a show of support -- since the audience snoozed during that song.

Michele
Old 10-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're being stubborn.

Murrow, Miranda, Red Rover, Come, Steal Your Heart Away, Bleed to Love Her, & Say Goodbye were ALL ready to go in summer 2001 for a fourth solo album, & all those same tracks were ported over onto Say You Will in 2003 with nothing different except a bunch of new guys dicking around with the mixes & the mastering.

I've said it before: If you look at the recorded track time frame covered on the 2003 Fleetwood Mac album, it is by far the longest ever in the band's history, approaching ten years. It's ridiculous.
I wasn't trying to be "stubborn"... I honestly read an interview where Lindsey admitted only a couple of songs of his from SYW were meant for a solo album.

I agree, 10 years is a ridiculous time span for an album, but things like that don't bother me. I think it's a great collection of work, despite all the dynamics. The politics interest me, sure - but when I hear those harmonies - everything else fades away and seems so - unimportant.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know, right. That was stupid. As if she doesn't leave the stage every chance she gets. Why was he making it sound like she left the stage during Come to take a stand?

In fact, it's the other way around. I was impressed by the fact that she did not leave the stage for Red Rover. Well, obviously she had lines to sing, so she had to stay, but somehow, I just took her being there as a show of support -- since the audience snoozed during that song.

Michele
Did she sing on Red Rover on SYW? Admittedly, I don't listen to that track much, but I can't remember hearing her. I did read several reviews from the tour where she would stay onstage and mouth the lyrics while he sang, which I thought meant she must deem the song to be of some value.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes. There were three more I didn't even bother posting because they all say the same thing.
I notice that it's only the smallish zines & rags that are proclaiming NEW ALBUM in their headlines. The Daily didn't do so, & nor would, say, the L.A. Times (if it chose to run the story).

To extrapolate NEW ALBUM from what Stevie said & to plaster that across a story hed is irresponsible. It isn't even journalism, it's jackup.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I notice that it's only the smallish zines & rags that are proclaiming NEW ALBUM in their headlines. The Daily didn't do so, & nor would, say, the L.A. Times (if it chose to run the story).

To extrapolate NEW ALBUM from what Stevie said & to plaster that across a story hed is irresponsible. It isn't even journalism, it's jackup.
Here's more:

Fleetwood Mac Going Back to the Studio
By Andru Edwards
Singer Stevie Nicks says Fleetwood Mac will return to the recording studio nearly seven years after releasing Say You Will.
Albumista - http://music.gearlive.com/

Fleetwood Mac Is Releasing A New Album : Rumors in Music ...
By Roberta
Stevie Nicks said, “When we're on the road, we barely have time to go and have a meal, let alone write new material. But in January we'll have a meeting and decide what to do.” She added, “Fleetwood Mac still presents some amazing ...
Rumors in Music - http://www.rumorsinmusic.com/

Here's a more reputable site:

Fleetwood Mac to release new album
Ireland Online
Singer Stevie Nicks says fans have a lot more to look forward to from the band, but say they can only start recording when they complete their dates. ...
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...um-430565.html

Last edited by vivfox; 10-18-2009 at 02:43 PM..
Old 10-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Here's more:

Fleetwood Mac Going Back to the Studio
By Andru Edwards
Singer Stevie Nicks says Fleetwood Mac will return to the recording studio nearly seven years after releasing Say You Will.
Albumista - http://music.gearlive.com/

Here's a more reputable site:

Fleetwood Mac to release new album
Ireland Online
Singer Stevie Nicks says fans have a lot more to look forward to from the band, but say they can only start recording when they complete their dates. ...
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...um-430565.html
Noooo... really? LOL..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did she sing on Red Rover on SYW? Admittedly, I don't listen to that track much, but I can't remember hearing her. I did read several reviews from the tour where she would stay onstage and mouth the lyrics while he sang, which I thought meant she must deem the song to be of some value.
I think she did sing on it. On stage she sings and Brett and Neale do the "Red Rover" parts.

I was listening to Anne Heche promote her new movie and talk about her ex, she was saying, "it's over red rover" and I wondered if that was a favorite expression of hers. Michele
Old 10-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she did sing on it. On stage she sings and Brett and Neale do the "Red Rover" parts.

I was listening to Anne Heche promote her new movie and talk about her ex, she was saying, "it's over red rover" and I wondered if that was a favorite expression of hers. Michele
You know.. after hearing about that song "Come" being about her, and hearing all of the story behind it all, (and this is just my own honest opinion)- I've lost a ton of respect for her.. not that she was really in my top 10 before.. but really.. and I guess sometimes, I just have to take a few steps back and try to see the whole picture about her.. you know? I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it just sorta put a "yuck" on her, IMO.. LOL

Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
I think she did sing on it.
Its just Lindsey. They didn't touch the original GOS version.

Quote:
I was listening to Anne Heche promote her new movie and talk about her ex, she was saying, "it's over red rover" and I wondered if that was a favorite expression of hers.
Yes, on Letterman.. I meant to post about that when I saw it. It would be interesting if there is a connection.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
You know.. after hearing about that song "Come" being about her, and hearing all of the story behind it all, (and this is just my own honest opinion)- I've lost a ton of respect for her.. not that she was really in my top 10 before.. but really.. and I guess sometimes, I just have to take a few steps back and try to see the whole picture about her.. you know? I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it just sorta put a "yuck" on her, IMO.. LOL
Yes, she seems to have had a very troubled life and wasn't mentally healthy back then. Yet, so many people seemed to have fallen really hard for her, including Steve Martin and Ellen Degeneres. I'm not sure what her hidden charms are, but she certainly captured their hearts.

Michele
Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, she seems to have had a very troubled life and wasn't mentally healthy back then. Yet, so many people seemed to have fallen really hard for her, including Steve Martin and Ellen Degeneres. I'm not sure what her hidden charms are, but she certainly captured their hearts.

Michele
I don't know...she's a fruitcake for sure. I watched her on Another World for years, but since I became a FM fan, I can't hear her mentioned without thinking of Stevie's commentary on CV for "Everyday": "Men in Trees! Men in Trees!"
Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Yeesh.. I just don't get it.. haha..

Old 10-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know...she's a fruitcake for sure. I watched her on Another World for years, but since I became a FM fan, I can't hear her mentioned without thinking of Stevie's commentary on CV for "Everyday": "Men in Trees! Men in Trees!"
LOLOLOL.. I love it Dee.. LOLOL

Old 10-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
arlene u kill me