User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's the only free time they have to rehearse.
if they gave me their schedules I could plot out time for them to rehearse aside from her going there. Unless she just wants to visit Ireland -- or can't bear to be parted from them another second.

Michele
Old 09-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
if they gave me their schedules I could plot out time for them to rehearse aside from her going there. Unless she just wants to visit Ireland -- or can't bear to be parted from them another second.

Michele
Heck, they're welcome at my place anytime! Lol
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If she were to join them for an entire show but only in Europe, I would drop everything and hop on a plane to attend a show, even if I had the worst seat in the house. I never got to see her perform with the Mac... I became a fan just a wee bit too late. I've always regretted that.

This is a start, and I'm desperately hoping for more.

Obviously, I am a BN lover, but even I recognize Fleetwood Mac was better with Christine in the mix.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I read she is going to be rehearsing with them in Ireland. For one song..probably Don't stop. Why bother? How boring. Just do the whole damn show Chris! Maybe this will be the start of something bigger? Maybe she'll get on stage and the magic will be back for her? Maybe the stage fright will be gone? Maybe she will then rejoin them to record? One can only dream. It definitely seems like she might be getting bored in retirement. Maybe it's the spark of something bigger.
It just hasn't been the same for me since she left.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So I read she is going to be rehearsing with them in Ireland. For one song..probably Don't stop. Why bother? How boring.
Well, you've a right to your opinion, but I think you're being a mite harsh. Chris is 70 and whatever makes her happy should go the same for us, too. I would love her to come onto the stage, do the entire concert including performances of SYLM, Why, Brown Eyes, Show me a smile and YMLF, immediately commit to a three-album deal and world tours until she's 80 and remarry John McVie, but by this point in the evening the men in the white suits would have carted both me and her out of the O2.

So Chris, if you're happy doing this (maybe) final little thing for the fans, thank you. There won't be a dry eye in the house.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she should also come out and sing Songbird.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
So I read she is going to be rehearsing with them in Ireland. For one song..probably Don't stop. Why bother? How boring. Just do the whole damn show Chris! Maybe this will be the start of something bigger? Maybe she'll get on stage and the magic will be back for her? Maybe the stage fright will be gone? Maybe she will then rejoin them to record? One can only dream. It definitely seems like she might be getting bored in retirement. Maybe it's the spark of something bigger.
It just hasn't been the same for me since she left.
If she comes out for Don't Stop, which is most likely, then all of you who are there, better do everything humanly possible to make sure she stays on stage for the next song, too...Silver Springs. Don't let her go without adding her gorgeous harmonies to that one!! I repeat, DO NOT let her exit the stage!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
If she comes out for Don't Stop, which is most likely, then all of you who are there, better do everything humanly possible to make sure she stays on stage for the next song, too...Silver Springs. Don't let her go without adding her gorgeous harmonies to that one!! I repeat, DO NOT let her exit the stage!
Oooh yeah, Christine doing her piano intro for Silver Springs. I wish you were here.

People, start chanting to get her out BEFORE Don't Stop. I want her there for World Turning. I don't even like the song, but ... I want her there on the floor with the guys for it, if only briefly, and not just behind the piano for Don't Stop.

Michele
Old 09-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michelej1, I promise I'll do my best to keep her there (although I don't hold out much hope!) I just hope Chris doesn't stand me up on the 25th and the 27th...
Old 09-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Michelej1, I promise I'll do my best to keep her there (although I don't hold out much hope!) I just hope Chris doesn't stand me up on the 25th and the 27th...
Ha, Keep her there, butter cookie.

I know you must be counting the days. How exciting for fans, even those of us who aren't in the UK. Michele
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Cameras and recording devices at the ready both nights! I'll have mine on the 27th just in case...
Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
So I read she is going to be rehearsing with them in Ireland. For one song..probably Don't stop. Why bother? How boring. J
I think Don't Stop and Songbird are going to be the two. If it's any more than that I'll sure as hell be surprised.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CHRISTINE! CHRISTINE! CHRISTINE! (x 20000 concert goers + all the people who couldn't make it)

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I think Don't Stop and Songbird are going to be the two. If it's any more than that I'll sure as hell be surprised.
Well, if she does Songbird that will be a triumph in and of itself. Unexpected. I would kiss all of their feet.

Michele
Old 09-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, if she does Songbird that will be a triumph in and of itself. Unexpected. I would kiss all of their feet.
This!

I will definitely cry if she just bloody shows up on stage.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie