User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so wait, FM wasn't playing Seattle a week ago right? So did LB fly here just so his daughter could see 1D???
no, FM is currently on a tour break, having just wrapped up the EU leg.

maybe 1D guys invited LB & family to come to their show, backstage, etc? this was just 2 or 3 days after LB came back to the US.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Comment from Brandi Carlile in the Cleveland Scene, 7/20/15, Jeff Niesel

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...inspiration-in

You were listening to Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain” prior to recording. What made you gravitate to that song?

I always really liked Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks in particular. I have a penchant for their drama. I live in a band that is also my family. Things can get really strange and I love that about bands. I met [Fleetwood Mac’s] Lindsey Buckingham backstage at a Dave Matthews concert and he was so cool and so inspired. I went back to the dressing room and put my headphones on and started listening to “The Chain.” I realized, “We need to cover this song and it represents our band in a way that I can’t really explain.” It was fertile ground for something that happened on The Firewatcher’s Daughter.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an Inquisitr article on One Direction

http://www.inquisitr.com/2278116/one...nis-activists/

While it is always interesting to see Harry Styles hang out with Mick Jagger from the Rolling Stones or Niall Horan rubbing elbows with Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac — some One Direction fans are downright shocking because they appear to be mismatched with your typical 1D fan.

For example, One Direction fans recently learned that they were adored by Johnny Rotten. Ask any punk kid if they love One Direction — and they will likely say a firm “no.” Alternatively, they should consider that one of their punk forefathers thinks they are truly something special.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2278116/one...ozQ2OJ33Qxy.99
Old 07-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, FM is currently on a tour break, having just wrapped up the EU leg.

maybe 1D guys invited LB & family to come to their show, backstage, etc? this was just 2 or 3 days after LB came back to the US.
yeah. Maybe dad was making up to the girls for having been gone on the road for a long while.....

I'm sure they fly back and forth but still, not like being home in your own house with them.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Where did you "recently" see Lindsey do an acoustic performance? From a Digital Journal article on Kathryn Dean]

Kathryn Dean talks 'Hit The Lights' CD and 'Be My Sin' single Special

By Markos Papadatos 8/6/2015

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-...#ixzz3i9yTRRwp

She listed Lindsey Buckingham and Ed Sheeran as her dream male duet choices. "The first would without a doubt be Lindsay Buckingham. I recently saw him do an acoustic performance and he was everything I hoped he would be and so much more. My second pick would be Ed Sheeran. I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and with nothing but a guitar, a looper station, and some audience participation he was able to create a concert experience like no other," she said.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-...#ixzz3i9ycojvI
Old 08-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Where did you "recently" see Lindsey do an acoustic performance? From a Digital Journal article on Kathryn Dean]

Kathryn Dean talks 'Hit The Lights' CD and 'Be My Sin' single Special

By Markos Papadatos 8/6/2015

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-...#ixzz3i9yTRRwp

She listed Lindsey Buckingham and Ed Sheeran as her dream male duet choices. "The first would without a doubt be Lindsay Buckingham. I recently saw him do an acoustic performance and he was everything I hoped he would be and so much more. My second pick would be Ed Sheeran. I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and with nothing but a guitar, a looper station, and some audience participation he was able to create a concert experience like no other," she said.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-...#ixzz3i9ycojvI
Maybe the UCLA appearance?
Old 08-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Concourse article about the writer's dad]

The Concourse by Leah Carroll 8/10/15 1:19pm

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/my-...ant-1720940928

My dad was a certain kind of guy. He was a Vietnam vet, smart as hell with no formal education. He drank himself to death and had a good time doing it. He always told me that Television was the best band he’d seen live, and that he’d fallen in love with my mom, who died when I was four years old, on their first date, when she fell asleep during an Elvis Costello concert. He took road trips to Civil War battlefields. He was a heavy hitter on the Journal’s softball team. He was Irish American and hated, in roughly descending order, Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, and Morrissey. He blasted solo Lindsey Buckingham from his JBL speakers.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Times Colonist Article on Lisa Leblanc]

Adrian Chamberlain / Times Colonist

September 3, 2015 06:00 AM - See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/enterta....pWo90Y2U.dpuf

Lisa LeBlanc mixes sounds to create ‘folk-trash’

One of LeBlanc’s musical heroes is Lindsey Buckingham, who plays with Fleetwood Mac and also has a solo career. She loves his fingerpicking. And she admires the way he offers passionate performances for such songs as Big Love. That’s what LeBlanc aspires to, as well. “You know when someone’s completely sincere and completely 110 per cent into it,” she said. “I like someone who has their heart out and is completely transparent.” - See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/enterta....pWo90Y2U.dpuf
Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 AM

Default Christie Brinkley Gets Back on Lindsey Buckingham’s ‘Holiday Road’ in New Commercial

Christie Brinkley Gets Back on Lindsey Buckingham’s ‘Holiday Road’ in New Commercial
By Dave Swanson September 23, 2015 8:37 AM

A new ad for the Infiniti QX60 is in full flashback mode, paying tribute to the classic 1983 film, National Lampoon’s Vacation in both sound and vision. The commercial, which you can watch above, uses Lindsey Buckingham‘s ”Holiday Road.”

Of all the scenes in the film, one that has stuck in the mass psyche is where Chevy Chase, as Clark Griswold, and family are heading down the highway as he spots a beautiful blonde (Christie Brinkley) in a red Ferrari convertible The two flirt with each other while driving, and then hi-jinks ensue.

In this new ad, that scene is re-enacted, this time with Ethan Embry, who played Clark’s son, Rusty in the third installment of the Vacation franchise, 1997′s Vegas Vacation, as the husband and father. Here he laughs with and smiles with the blonde in the red convertible, when suddenly he is interrupted by his wife, now played by Brinkley. She calls him on it, saying, “Honey, a blonde in a convertible? Seriously?”

Meanwhile, we hear the familiar ring of “Holiday Road,” a song written and performed by Fleetwood Mac‘s Buckingham in the original film. The song made a small dent back in 1983, hitting No. 82 on the Billboard Hot 100, but has become an iconic traveling song in the years since. Though it was used again in the Vacation sequels, including the 2015 update of the film, the one used in this ad is not Buckingham. It’s a fairly faithful take on the pop classic, but to be honest, it hasn’t been revealed who is singing this version.

Read More: Christie Brinkley Gets Back on Lindsey Buckingham's 'Holiday Road' in New Commercial | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 09-23-2015 at 08:57 AM..
Old 10-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, someone's a fan.

Looking out for love. Big big love. ❤️⚡️👊 (Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham) #JLartvid

A video posted by Juliette Lewis (@juliettelewis) on

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Cleveland Examiner mentions a Big Love cover]

http://www.examiner.com/review/colin...n-at-work-hits

Local singer / songwriter Diana Chittester opened with a half-dozen tunes from the albums Soul and Finding My Way Home. Like Hay, she went solo and semi-unplugged on “The Great Unknown” and “Take It Back

But the real showstopper was Chittester’s rendition of Lindsey Buckingham’s (Fleetwood Mac) “Big Love,” which allowed her to stretch both her voice and her fingers. She also bounded across the altar, hefting her Takamine skyward, digits dancing across the strings beneath her capo.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Well, someone's a fan.

Looking out for love. Big big love. ❤️⚡️👊 (Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham) #JLartvid

A video posted by Juliette Lewis (@juliettelewis) on

What is the point of her posing in this? I don't get it...
Old 01-21-2016, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Article on Rough Trade. Robert Forster talks about each of his albums. Lindsey would have been dream producer, he says]

Uncut Magazine

Robert Forster, Album By Album by John Mulvey January 18, 2016

Read more at http://www.uncut.co.uk/uncut-editors...e1UHtIoOr2G.99

THE GO-BETWEENS BEFORE HOLLYWOOD ROUGH TRADE 1983

After a clutch of cult singles and a good, if rather awkward, debut album (1981’s Send Me A Lullaby), Robert Forster, Grant McLennan and drummer Lindy Morrison fetch up in London and sign to Rough Trade. Soon, they are dispatched to Eastbourne, where Forster and McLennan’s timeless songcraft is uncovered by their first proper producer.

We had to make a classic. Our first album was not a classic album, and you don’t know how many chances you’re going to get. We’d never really worked with a producer, and we talked with Geoff Travis about our fantasy candidates, people like Lindsey Buckingham and Robbie Robertson. But John Brand walked into our rehearsal room, taped us, then walked back the next day with the songs written out and with arrangement ideas; no one had ever done that with our music.

John had been working for Virgin with groups like Magazine and XTC, and realised everything we were doing was in fours and eights, it was all classic. That’s what Grant and I had been brought up on: Neil Diamond writing for the Monkees, the first Blondie Album, David Bowie, Creedence. We knew how songs were constructed.

And so Grant and I had the songs, most of them written in London and then recorded in Eastbourne. The studio was called ICC, a very good Christian studio that no longer exists; 24-track, two-inch tape. I don’t know how John found it. The album he did before Before Hollywood was High Land, Hard Rain, Aztec Camera walked out the door and we walked in, and John made two classics.

It was the album we always thought we could make, and a very big sonic jump from Send Me A Lullaby. I don’t know if we made a jump like that in the rest of our career, except maybe to 16 Lovers Lane.

Read more at http://www.uncut.co.uk/uncut-editors...e1UHtIoOr2G.99
Old 01-22-2016, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

^ - The Go-Betweens with their inner-band relationships, breakups and turning those into songs curiously mirror Fleetwood Mac. In a more just world, 16 Lovers Lane would have sold at least a decent fraction of what Rumours did, instead of the even lesser numbers it managed.

Them being fans of Lindsey's production isn't surprising, as they also used layered, trebly sounds.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 02-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Noho Art District

http://www.nohoartsdistrict.com/ente...how-to-country

Grammy Nominee TY HERNDON knows how to ROCK! Knows how to COUNTRY!
Written by Waide Aaron Riddle

TY's guitarist, Eric Halbig, turned the club upside down with his brilliant fingerwork. You'd swear he was channeling the legendary Lindsey Buckingham when he lost himself in the flow. Turns out, Fleetwood Mac is Eric's favorite Rock band! It shows.