The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:41 PM

http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.com/post/156498421192/my-two-favorite-things-combined-this-item-was
Old 02-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was reading an old concert review when suddenly.....

Nicks' insistent emphasis on old material comes as no surprise, as she will release a greatest hits package called "Time Space" in September. The album will contain virtually every solo song she performed last night as well as three new songs -- "Desert Angel," "Sometimes A Bitch" and "Love's A Maid Gone To Play" -- that she omitted from the set.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...14-songs-nicks

....such an underappreciated song!

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 02-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post

Nicks' insistent emphasis on old material comes as no surprise, as she will release a greatest hits package called "Time Space" in September. The album will contain virtually every solo song she performed last night as well as three new songs -- "Desert Angel," "Sometimes A Bitch" and "Love's A Maid Gone To Play" -- that she omitted from the set.

Ah ah, now that's a truly autobiographical Stevie song!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post

But just give Stevie that song title and tell her to run with it and I think she could come up with something quite interesting.

This makes me laugh thinking of the Crystal Visions documentary when she narrates and wonders where he maid is and why all those chickens are around. And how could all of her clothes fit into that small wardrobe.

Michele
Old 02-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was listening to the BIG 80s countdown today on Sirius xm. This week in 1982 Leather and Lace was at #6 for a second week in a row. One notch higher than Olivia Newton John's Physical which fell 4 notches to #7.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:57 PM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:10 PM

Sheryl Crow Launches a Clothing Line for HSN, Still Isn’t Over That ‘Famous Actress’ Who Stole Her Favorite Leather Jacket

A note to the actress who tried to steal Sheryl Crow‘s leather jacket at an MTV awards afterparty circa, well, a long time ago: She hasn’t forgotten. And you wouldn’t forget either if someone tried to snag your $3,500 leather jacket – after all, it was the first big purchase Crow made after hitting it big in the music industry.

Since the early ’90s, Crow has been writing hit after hit, touring the world and performing in incredibly memorable outfits that still have a home in her closet. “My closet is just ridiculous… but I have my archives,” she tells PEOPLE. “I have everything that I’ve worn on stage – 27 years of touring.”

It was that abundant collection that helped fuel the designs behind her soon-to-launch clothing line for HSN, which hits the network on April 13 and will range in price from $39.90 to $299.90. Digging through her the jeans, boots, t-shirts and leather jackets, Crow picked out her favorite pieces and gave them a new twist. Perhaps most important (and we can’t disagree) was her desire to design the perfect long-lasting t-shirt. “I think there’s nothing better with a t-shirt than washing it 50 times. that’s when it gets really good!”

We sat down with the country star in Nashville to get the scoop on the line, her unbelievable closets and how her kids have helped inspire her.

What are the most special pieces in it?

I have an old lace – it’s like a robe but it’s not a robe – it’s like a duster that Stevie Nicks gave me and it’s just unbelievably astounding, probably my most precious piece. I’ve worn it in photoshoots before and I could put it on with a wifebeater and a pair of Levis and it’s so beautiful.

http://people.com/style/sheryl-crow-...-line-for-hsn/
Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
[B][SIZE="4"]

I have an old lace – it’s like a robe but it’s not a robe – it’s like a duster that Stevie Nicks gave me and it’s just unbelievably astounding, probably my most precious piece. I’ve worn it in photoshoots before and I could put it on with a wifebeater and a pair of Levis and it’s so beautiful.

Ooh anyone have photos?
Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Ooh anyone have photos?
I would like to know about it too, I've tried to search but I didn't find anything that really fit the description.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sheryl Crow Launches a Clothing Line for HSN, Still Isn’t Over That ‘Famous Actress’ Who Stole Her Favorite Leather Jacket

A note to the actress who tried to steal Sheryl Crow‘s leather jacket at an MTV awards afterparty circa, well, a long time ago: She hasn’t forgotten. And you wouldn’t forget either if someone tried to snag your $3,500 leather jacket – after all, it was the first big purchase Crow made after hitting it big in the music industry.

Lindsey Lohan
Old 02-28-2017, 08:35 AM

Stevie Nicks Was Willing To Lose Her Entire Future If It Meant Making One Thing Happen

Stevie Nicks is pretty much one of the most fearless, quintessentially badass women in rock, having slugged it out for years before stumbling into Fleetwood Mac with then lover Lindsey Buckingham at the age of 27. Never afraid to get her hands dirty, Stevie did it all; waitressing and cleaning houses by day before staggering in late at night for another round of marathon songwriting while Lindsey spent the entire day crafting songs, it was Stevie’s determination that eventually saw the pair embark on the adventure of a lifetime – but none of the blood, sweat, and tears were for her own sake.

That’s right – Stevie nearly gave up on her own dream of making it as a singer-songwriter in favor of seeing Lindsey achieve his, banking on the fact that if they ultimately failed and had to return home it was Stevie that had a fighting chance, whereas all Lindsey knew how to do was sing, write, and play guitar. If one of them was going to make it, it was going to be Lindsey and Stevie, wildly in love and secure beyond belief in his talent and potential, was willing to do anything to make it happen.

“It was more important for Lindsey than it was that I make it. Because I knew I could do a hundred other things and nobody could ever take my music away from me. I would be fine. I worried about him, I didn’t know what he would do.

And because I was so in love with him there wasn’t any question in my mind that I would I stick in there until if we didn’t both make it, at least I got him up there.”

Love, they say, isn’t just doing anything for someone else; it’s being willing to lay down on the funeral pyre and offer yourself up in sacrifice if it means that the person you love will have a better tomorrow. 20-something Stevie Nicks knew this and knew it intimately, days of hearing Lindsey consider the very real possibility that Buckingham-Nicks would never make it and seeing the crestfallen look on his face all the incentive she needed to offer up her own aspirations as sacrifice.

Thankfully, the door leading to Fleetwood Mac opened and we’ll never have to know a world in which Stevie is still a waitress or a cleaning lady and not a rock icon – but the fact that she was willing to lose everything to see someone else shine speaks volumes as to her character, and there’s no one we’d rather have in our corner!

http://societyofrock.com/stevie-nick...-thing-happen/
Old 03-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Bon Jovi helps Phoenix stroke survivor

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -
Joe Dorosz of Phoenix spends much of his time in rehab and therapy programs, but for decades he was on the road, touring with big name acts.

Through his career, he focused on percussion equipment, but also toured as a stage manager and tech "guru" for Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, the Dixie Chicks, Prince, Poison, the Backstreet Boys, Barbra Streisand, Britney Spears, Whitney Houston and others.

After 35 years in the music business, Dorosz developed spinal stenosis and opted for a spinal fusion at St. Joseph's Hospital last Thanksgiving.

The family received a call from a nurse in the Intensive Care Unit on Thanksgiving morning, informing them Joe had suffered a hemorrhagic stroke.

He spent the next two months in the hospital and has a long road to recovery.

His fiance, Diane Scappaticci, is struggling with unexpected bills and challenges.

"It's changed our lives one hundred percent because he needs 24-7 care," Scappaticci said.

Saturday night in Phoenix, Dorosz was able to reunite with Bon Jovi before a performance at Talking Stick Resort Arena.

"It was emotional for him, the crew and the band," she said.

Members of the band pledged to match the amount raised on Joe's GoFundMe page.

Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac have also donated.

"Their generosity and support means everything to us," Scappaticci said.

Dorosz hopes to get back on tour with the band if his recovery progresses. His mind remains sharp, but he lost his mobility and his speech, at least for now.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/346807...troke-survivor
Old 03-27-2017, 10:28 AM

The rock revival: Guns N' Roses were 2016's highest-earning world tour per city while acts over 50 accounted for HALF of the $4.5billion generated by last year's top 100-grossing tours
Iconic rockstars were some of the most profitable performers per city on average last year for world tours
Guns N' Roses topped the list, with the legendary group earning an average per city gross of $5,004,737
Justin Bieber was second on the list with $1,676,016, before two more rockers - the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Stevie Nicks - took out the next two places with averages per city of $1,487,928 and $898,269 respectively
Analysts found acts over 50 made up half of the $4.5billion generated by last year’s top 100-grossing tours

It seems as though age is no barrier when it comes to making money on tour.
New figures released this week have broken down which global tours were the most lucrative, with a top 10 of the acts with the highest average per city gross calculated.
Legendary rockers Guns N' Roses topped the list, which was compiled using data provided to the industry magazine, Pollstar, with an average per city gross of $5,004,737. The rock group was pushed to the top of the pile by an average ticket price of $101.82.
Pop star Justin Bieber came in second on the list, with an average gross of $1,676,016, and a ticket price of $80.90.
Two more rockers closed out the top with, with the Red Hot Chili Peppers average of $1,487,928 good enough to put the California rockers in third, while Stevie Nicks was fourth with $898,269.
A quartet of country stars filed the next three spots, with Eric Church's gross of $834,604 good enough for fifth, while Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood's joint tour pulled in $748,456 per city.
Blake Shelton was seventh with an average of $719,365, before Underwood made the list again at number eight - but this time for her solo tour, which averaged $713,215.
Maxwell and Mary J. Blige were ninth in the top 10, thanks to their combined shows averaging $711,898, and veteran rockers Green Day closed out the top spots by pulling in $657,586 per city.
However, when contrasted to the Forbes Highest Paid Musicians of 2016 list, there was hardly any crossover between those who made the most money per city, and those who made the most money - period.
The Forbes ranking, which included all money paid to performers - and not just ticket sales, was topped by Taylor Swift, who received $170million last year.
A pair of Brit acts completed the top three, with One Direction and Adele making $110million and $80.5million respectively.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4cXYyvlfj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 03-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie Nicks Was Willing To Lose Her Entire Future If It Meant Making One Thing Happen

Stevie Nicks is pretty much one of the most fearless, quintessentially badass women in rock, having slugged it out for years before stumbling into Fleetwood Mac with then lover Lindsey Buckingham at the age of 27. Never afraid to get her hands dirty, Stevie did it all; waitressing and cleaning houses by day before staggering in late at night for another round of marathon songwriting while Lindsey spent the entire day crafting songs, it was Stevie’s determination that eventually saw the pair embark on the adventure of a lifetime – but none of the blood, sweat, and tears were for her own sake.

That’s right – Stevie nearly gave up on her own dream of making it as a singer-songwriter in favor of seeing Lindsey achieve his, banking on the fact that if they ultimately failed and had to return home it was Stevie that had a fighting chance, whereas all Lindsey knew how to do was sing, write, and play guitar. If one of them was going to make it, it was going to be Lindsey and Stevie, wildly in love and secure beyond belief in his talent and potential, was willing to do anything to make it happen.

“It was more important for Lindsey than it was that I make it. Because I knew I could do a hundred other things and nobody could ever take my music away from me. I would be fine. I worried about him, I didn’t know what he would do.

And because I was so in love with him there wasn’t any question in my mind that I would I stick in there until if we didn’t both make it, at least I got him up there.”

Love, they say, isn’t just doing anything for someone else; it’s being willing to lay down on the funeral pyre and offer yourself up in sacrifice if it means that the person you love will have a better tomorrow. 20-something Stevie Nicks knew this and knew it intimately, days of hearing Lindsey consider the very real possibility that Buckingham-Nicks would never make it and seeing the crestfallen look on his face all the incentive she needed to offer up her own aspirations as sacrifice.

Thankfully, the door leading to Fleetwood Mac opened and we’ll never have to know a world in which Stevie is still a waitress or a cleaning lady and not a rock icon – but the fact that she was willing to lose everything to see someone else shine speaks volumes as to her character, and there’s no one we’d rather have in our corner!

http://societyofrock.com/stevie-nick...-thing-happen/
I just saw this and isn't this like the exact opposite? I thought that's the whole Landslide thing, they were fighting like cats and dogs and he ditched her in Aspen and she was miserable so she cried and looked out at the snow covered hills and decided to stick it out anyways ~for the music~
Old 03-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I just saw this and isn't this like the exact opposite? I thought that's the whole Landslide thing, they were fighting like cats and dogs and he ditched her in Aspen and she was miserable so she cried and looked out at the snow covered hills and decided to stick it out anyways ~for the music~
I think you're right. Steve wanted to be famous and successful more than anything. I'm sure she cared for Lindsey but said once they were not getting along even before they joined FM. I think she saw him as someone who could help her get to where she wanted to be.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Landslide used in advert

Just about to go to bed when a cover of "Landslide" is on TV..
It's an advert for James Wellbeloved dog food !!!!!!
A CGI cartoon of a young man with his dog busking and singing "Landslide"
It's quite charming...lovely.