Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Bull.

In both instances she made comments to the press well after it's release about how disappointed she was that her album ran out of steam and didn't sell the way she thought it was going to.

As usual, BEFORE the release of the album it was all roses and bullsh*t about how she just wanted to make an album for herself and then changed her tune when the awards didn't fall into her lap.

Heck - Dave Grohl had to convince her to quite complaining and actually get off her keister to edit and finish the In Your Dreams movie.

She also threw Fleetwood Mac under the bus and moaned to anyone who could listen how she had to do that album in two weeks, but also loved to gloat how she did the album in two weeks.

Then, she soured further on the experience and decided not to participate during Buckingham McVie and said in plain english it wouldn't make enough money and it would require too much time.

Love of new music? Right.

She essentially broke up the band because of new music. How much more can anyone possibly break this situation down.

It's painfully obvious that the LAST person within this group of individuals with ANY new interest in new music is Stevie Nicks. With or without Lindsey Buckingham.
Perfectly stated BigAl84, you nailed it 100%---> With or without Lindsey, she only does what she wants to do in that exact moment, with no concern for anyone else around her. Whether she can or not doesn't make it right, because then she contradicts herself and says something completely different.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Perfectly stated BigAl84, you nailed it 100%---> With or without Lindsey, she only does what she wants to do in that exact moment, with no concern for anyone else around her. Whether she can or not doesn't make it right, because then she contradicts herself and says something completely different.
$he's an idiot, and a pathological liar. And cares about no one except her own spoiled ass.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he's an idiot, and a pathological liar. And cares about no one except her own spoiled ass.
That's the part of her personality that's irrefutable. We all saw how she lied on national tv. She said Lindsey refusing to tour was the reason THEY fired him (well, we don't use the word 'fired'). And it turned out it was a lie.

But it was all Lindsey's fault….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
That's the part of her personality that's irrefutable. We all saw how she lied on national tv. She said Lindsey refusing to tour was the reason THEY fired him (well, we don't use the word 'fired'). And it turned out it was a lie.
Stevie Nicks 2012 – 2:22-3:08: youtube.com/watch?v=rEXglFYtGCk
“Fleetwood Mac is going out next year, but we’re not really making a record – because it would take us a year to make a record, and they have been wait[ing]. I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished.

"And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”

Stevie Nicks 2018 – 3:20-3:41: youtube.com/watch?v=346fynuN-b4
"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”

Last edited by cbBen; 02-03-2019 at 04:06 AM..
Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Stevie Nicks 2012 – 2:22-3:08: youtube.com/watch?v=rEXglFYtGCk
“Fleetwood Mac is going out next year, but we’re not really making a record – because it would take us a year to make a record, and they have been wait[ing]. I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished. And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”

Stevie Nicks 2018 – 3:20-3:41: youtube.com/watch?v=346fynuN-b4
"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”

I bet Lindsey didn't even have the chance to say: "I'm sorry, but if you can't understand how important this is to me... " Because in Stevie's mind (God, what a place it must be! ) Lindsey already toured alone when he toured with Christine. She was in fact, jealous.

And I'd have loved to see Christine's face when $tevie said: "when you're in a band it's a team" No wonder she couldn't wait to tell Lindsey it was all $tevie!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 01-31-2019, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"It did not make [them] happy but I said... 'I'm sorry, but I'm doing it.'"–"not the boss"

Last edited by cbBen; 02-01-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Maybe not. It depends on when the decision to fire him actually happened.

Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/

The last LBCM show was in mid-November. So, that meeting was probably sometime in late November/early December. I think that was when Stevie, Mick, and Azoff decided Lindsey was gone.

Quote:
And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished.
And this is the key difference between the two situations. Stevie was working an album that was already out.

If we’re being honest, their solo careers are not equivalent. Stevie has a legitimate second mainstream career. She can play stadiums and large amphitheaters on her own. She’s part of two large machines and is responsible for the livelihoods of significantly more people. If she felt a certain momentum for one project, she has the right and obligation to see it through. She put the band on hold because there was some apparent momentum for IYD, and then she put her solo plans on hold when Fleetwood Mac had the momentum.

Lindsey didn’t have a true solo career. He tried in the early ‘90s, but it didn’t work out. After that, his solo work was more extracurricular, large machine vs. small machine. His solo tours are more artistic endeavors intended to make an artistic statement more than profit. I think Elle has said on a few occasions that One Man Show was his only tour (at least prior to 2013) that was profitable.

Not that one is better than the other, it’s just the reality of the situation.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-31-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Old 01-31-2019, 11:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And this is the key difference between the two situations. Stevie was working an album that was already out.

If we’re being honest, their solo careers are not equivalent. Stevie has a legitimate second mainstream career. She can play stadiums and large amphitheaters on her own. She’s part of two large machines and is responsible for the livelihoods of significantly more people. If she felt a certain momentum for one project, she has the right and obligation to see it through. She put the band on hold because there was some apparent momentum for IYD, and then she put her solo plans on hold when Fleetwood Mac had the momentum.

Lindsey didn’t have a true solo career. He tried in the early ‘90s, but it didn’t work out. After that, his solo work was more extracurricular, large machine vs. small machine. His solo tours are more artistic endeavors intended to make an artistic statement more than profit. I think Elle has said on a few occasions that One Man Show was his only tour (at least prior to 2013) that was profitable.

The sales of IYD weren't that great according to Stevie herself, so where was the "right and obligation" to extend the tour? I guess that was just "apparent" momentum after all. I also don't agree that Lindsey can only ask to do a solo tour in order to promote an album. Where are all these rules coming from? You could just as easily argue that Stevie was less justified in her request, as she'd already completed a solo tour and simply wanted to extend it, and FM had provisionally agreed to tour in 2012.

LB/CM was supposed to be an FM album. Stevie chose not to participate, so on some level Lindsey's tour with Christine in 2017 was an FM year. I say he was right in asking for a solo break, as LB/CM should have been an FM project. There's really no way to spin Stevie's hypocrisy here, except I guess the rules are different for her because, let me guess, $$$$? But they would never say "Let's just close our eyes and take the money." It's really saying it out loud that's the problem, but doing it night after night is just fine.

The key difference between their solo careers is that Stevie is selling a brand and Lindsey is selling music. Good sales figures don't make music sound any better, or the concert more enjoyable.

Since FM wants to cash in on Tom Petty's legacy this tour, I wonder what Tom would have made of this idea that greed and profitability trumps everything else:

“You don’t hear any more of, ‘Hey, we did something creative and we turned a profit, how about that?’ Everywhere we look, we want to make the most money possible. This is a dangerous, corrupt notion. That’s where you see the advent of programming on the radio, and radio research, all these silly things. That has made pop music what it is today. Everything — morals, truth — is all going out the window in favor of profit."

Tom didn't think too highly of charging $150 a ticket, either, and this was back in 2002. This is pretty much the antithesis of FM, and I doubt Stevie or Mick even knows or cares what parking costs:
“My top price is about $65, and I turn a very healthy profit on that; I make millions on the road. I see no reason to bring the price up, even though I have heard many an anxious promoter say, ‘We could charge 150 bucks for this.’ I would like to do this again and maybe come through and not leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I was at one of our gigs recently, and I was just stunned driving in that it cost $30 dollars to park your car. It’s so wrong to say, ‘OK, we’ve got them on the ticket and we’ve got them on the beer and we’ve got on everything else, let’s get them on the damn parking.’ You got to care about the person you’re dealing with.”

Last edited by saniette; 01-31-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 02-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
The sales of IYD weren't that great according to Stevie herself, so where was the "right and obligation" to extend the tour? I guess that was just "apparent" momentum after all. I also don't agree that Lindsey can only ask to do a solo tour in order to promote an album. Where are all these rules coming from? You could just as easily argue that Stevie was less justified in her request, as she'd already completed a solo tour and simply wanted to extend it, and FM had provisionally agreed to tour in 2012.

LB/CM was supposed to be an FM album. Stevie chose not to participate, so on some level Lindsey's tour with Christine in 2017 was an FM year. I say he was right in asking for a solo break, as LB/CM should have been an FM project. There's really no way to spin Stevie's hypocrisy here, except I guess the rules are different for her because, let me guess, $$$$? But they would never say "Let's just close our eyes and take the money." It's really saying it out loud that's the problem, but doing it night after night is just fine.

The key difference between their solo careers is that Stevie is selling a brand and Lindsey is selling music. Good sales figures don't make music sound any better, or the concert more enjoyable.

Since FM wants to cash in on Tom Petty's legacy this tour, I wonder what Tom would have made of this idea that greed and profitability trumps everything else:

“You don’t hear any more of, ‘Hey, we did something creative and we turned a profit, how about that?’ Everywhere we look, we want to make the most money possible. This is a dangerous, corrupt notion. That’s where you see the advent of programming on the radio, and radio research, all these silly things. That has made pop music what it is today. Everything — morals, truth — is all going out the window in favor of profit."

Tom didn't think too highly of charging $150 a ticket, either, and this was back in 2002. This is pretty much the antithesis of FM, and I doubt Stevie or Mick even knows or cares what parking costs:
“My top price is about $65, and I turn a very healthy profit on that; I make millions on the road. I see no reason to bring the price up, even though I have heard many an anxious promoter say, ‘We could charge 150 bucks for this.’ I would like to do this again and maybe come through and not leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I was at one of our gigs recently, and I was just stunned driving in that it cost $30 dollars to park your car. It’s so wrong to say, ‘OK, we’ve got them on the ticket and we’ve got them on the beer and we’ve got on everything else, let’s get them on the damn parking.’ You got to care about the person you’re dealing with.”
God damn I love this post. EVERYTHING that's wrong with the music business, summed up. Well said.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe not. It depends on when the decision to fire him actually happened.

Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/

The last LBCM show was in mid-November. So, that meeting was probably sometime in late November/early December. I think that was when Stevie, Mick, and Azoff decided Lindsey was gone.

LMAO..do you really think Stevie takes into consideration all of the people a FM tour employs? That's reaching pretty hard for somebody who can literally take the scenario of Christine returning and make it into a 15 minute speech about herself. A person who gets on stage at Music Cares and talks about herself. A person who wants to write a song about US Military soldiers and makes it about herself. A person who just openly admits to not wanting to do projects because it takes too much time and makes too little money.

But it's about the momentum and all of the people she's employing? An obligation to see something through? Right. Sure. Her only obligation is to cash the checks.

Honestly, at this point I think she could serve cat turds on toothpicks and call them fiesta weenies and people would run around ranting and raving about them....and then she would nominate herself for a James Beard award, followed up by a self appointed documentary.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-01-2019 at 09:09 AM..
Old 02-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LMAO..do you really think Stevie takes into consideration all of the people a FM tour employs? That's reaching pretty hard for somebody who can literally take the scenario of Christine returning and make it into a 15 minute speech about herself. A person who gets on stage at Music Cares and talks about herself. A person who wants to write a song about US Military soldiers and makes it about herself. A person who just openly admits to not wanting to do projects because it takes too much time and makes too little money.

But it's about the momentum and all of the people she's employing? An obligation to see something through? Right. Sure. Her only obligation is to cash the checks.

Honestly, at this point I think she could serve cat turds on toothpicks and call them fiesta weenies and people would run around ranting and raving about them....and then she would nominate herself for a James Beard award, followed up by a self appointed documentary.
That's freaking awesome, and I laughed out loud.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If we’re being honest, their solo careers are not equivalent. Stevie has a legitimate second mainstream career. She can play stadiums and large amphitheaters on her own.
Quote:
Lindsey didn’t have a true solo career. He tried in the early ‘90s, but it didn’t work out.
Quote:
I agree with the above, though I'm surprised Lindsey's band tours make no money.

I was stunned recently to run across the article below from the Say You Will era. In it Lindsey says of Fleetwood Mac, "I would be completely happy to continue with this, never to pursue anything solo again. Because it's a hell of a lot easier." I read "easier" as referring, at least in part, to getting his music released.

https://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/articles/FMart115.html

Last edited by cbBen; 02-01-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Old 02-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would've loved Fleetwood Mac to play Glastonbury when Christine rejoined, if they did it now it would just be sad (like everything associated with them is) as Lindsey wouldn't be there.

Stevie also did Hyde Park recently in terms of UK festivals.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I was stunned recently to run across the article below from the Say You Will era. In it Lindsey says of Fleetwood Mac, "I would be completely happy to continue with this, never to pursue anything solo again. Because it's a hell of a lot easier." I read "easier" as referring, at least in part, to getting his music released.

https://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/articles/FMart115.html
Well, Don Henley and Joe Walsh have said the same, about being in The Eagles. That it's a lot easier being in a band, than being a solo artist.

But then again, they don't have that old hag in their band...
Old 02-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, not all the people. Just her cult and the Lindsey haters, who justify and magnify everything she does just because they dislike Lindsey so much they have no choice but to join the chiffonheads.